The Incredible Hulk

Tools    

Well, big news today: apparently they've cast the role of Bruce Banner in The Incredible Hulk, and it's going to be...

...Edward Freakin' Norton!

Wow. Very wow.

I thought Hulk had some good ideas, and at its peak was a lot of fun, but got started too slowly and completely lost its mind in the last act. Still, there was enough there to give me hope for this. I dunno if they're looking at a franchise reboot in only the second film, but I wouldn't be terribly averse to the idea.

Thoughts?

Why sequel?!?!The first movie was a disaster and how do they think that changing the main actor will get any better and why Ed Norton he is a good actor,even one of my favorite but I don't think he is appropriate for the role he doesn't have the physic of Bruce Banner

Well, a few things:
  1. I think the first film had a few things worth exploring. I found the action sequences highly entertaining.
  2. They have a new director and a new writer, so I don't think anyone's pretending that a new lead alone will make this worthwhile.
  3. Banner's not supposed to be a muscular guy; the contrast between Banner and the Hulk is kind of the point, I think. Bill Bixby, who played Banner in the late 70s TV series, was a pretty normally-sized man, I believe.

1.There were like three or four Action sequences in the first movie no doubt that they were well made and as you said Highly Entertaining

2.Have you checked who is the Director-->Louis Leterrier who made The Transporter(I don't belive him) but usually in this genre-Comic book movies,sequels are better than the original so we shall see

To me, the only problem with the first Hulk flick was the directing. Eric Bana, on the other hand, i really liked. And since then i've only grown to like him more.

Ed Norton...well i might have to ponder on this one for a bit.

Even though Ang Lee's Hulk wasn't what I expected at all, I still liked it. Too much science and sentimentality, yeah, but still good. I could see what Lee was trying to do, but I was still kind of hoping the sequel would be someone else's film, just because Lee's style didn't suit the Marvel world.

The title and director of The Incredible Hulk already make it seem more of a conventional "super-hero" flick, so maybe this is the one that will be considered cool by us comic-book geeks. I'm looking forward to it, because for me, like many others, the highlight of the first Hulk was the action. And The Transporter made some pretty good action scenes out of a small budget, so just think what Louis Leterrier will achieve with a Hulk-sized budget.

Universal Pictures and Marvel Studios Presents
The Incredible Hulk
Release Date: June 13, 2008

"The Incredible Hulk" kicks off an all-new, explosive and action-packed epic of one of the most popular superheroes of all time. In this new beginning, scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) desperately hunts for a cure to the gamma radiation that poisoned his cells and unleashes the unbridled force of rage within him: The Hulk.

Living in the shadows--cut off from a life he knew and the woman he loves, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler)--Banner struggles to avoid the obsessive pursuit of his nemesis, General Thunderbolt Ross (William Hurt), and the military machinery that seeks to capture him and brutally exploit his power.

As all three grapple with the secrets that led to The Hulk's creation, they are confronted with a monstrous new adversary known as The Abomination (Tim Roth), whose destructive strength exceeds even The Hulk's own. And on June 13, 2008, one scientist must make an agonizing final choice: accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or find heroism in the creature he holds inside--The Incredible Hulk.

The film is directed by Louis Leterrier and written by Zak Penn.

Photos courtesy of SuperHeroHype.com.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Just so everyone knows, that set is being built in downtown Hamilton. Where I live...suckas.

Suspect's Reviews

hulk was a terrible film

From X-Men 181 to Hulk 300 to Hulk---..."I have a metal crutch on my foot" so pity me Heavy Metal kinda guy/Goliath, I have loved the Green/Grey one. I remember watching B.B. change a tire on T.V. back when I was a "wet-behind-the-ears" youngin.
I remember when ol' Lou was awesome as the "don't make me angry" guy. Hell, I did not wanna make him angry. I was reading Richie Rich and Archie and Casper and Hot Stuff when the T.V. show debuted. We were in awe as boys, my friends an I, I am still in awe with comics form my younger days. This was when comics were staples, now they seem just like side dishes....I liked the simple "cannot wait till next issue" books/episodes. I am glad comic movies have become almost the same price as todays comic stand "trash" because today's comic movies remind me of yesterday's comic books.