What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher

It's finally arrived!

(note that the poster's watch isn't in the picture to illustrate scale, I'm just a dreadfully bad and lazy photo-ist )

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
the last DVD i bought was the bourne ultimatum, havn't had time to watch it yet though
ha! I love your avatar, yet you say this

Spell check is your friend

It's finally arrived!

(note that the poster's watch isn't in the picture to illustrate scale, I'm just a dreadfully bad and lazy photo-ist )
What region is that ?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
What region is that ?
I'd imagine if it was Region 1 we would see SOME English on the front.

What region is that ?
According to the blurb when I bought it, it's Region 0 (ie: Free) but I can't find any info on the box other than it's NTSC. Asian stuff is usually R3 and I've got a multi-region player so can't say for sure if it's 0 or 3.

I imported it from The States, if that's a help. This guy in fact.

.....doesn't know what to put here!
ha! I love your avatar, yet you say this
i hate the first two, but like the third one wierdly enough :S

I really wish I had a good region-free DVD player.
They're not expensive - mine cost Ł30 and is excellent quality and I've seen examples far cheaper than that - and many existing region-locked players can be converted by a few presses on the remote.

You'll need to make sure that your TV can cope with a PAL signal if you plan on getting European or Australian DVDs, though.

Yep, apparently so. My main TV can cope with PAL and NTSC signals so never had a problem but if I try and play an R1 movie on the portable in the bedroom it displays B&W, even though the player is region free.

One signal is 60HZ (NTSC I think) and one is something like 50 but most modern(ish) TVs should be able to display both. Should be.

Hence when I finally get my HD telly later on in the year it has to be able to run in 60HZ mode ('cos I live in a PAL region) too. All but the really cheap models should be able to.

You'd probably need an American MoFo with a region-free player to confirm this but if you're just interested in getting Asian imports, they display in NTSC (although it's NTSC-J rather than NTSC-U and I don't know if that makes a difference).

I believe it was Ratatouille and why because I thought it was the best Pixar animated movie they have done in quite a long time.

The Assassination of Jesse James
by the Coward Robert Ford
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I bought a copy of the movie "I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry"..As a birthday present for my niece because she really loves the movie.

Lost in never never land
I picked up American Beauty (why: It is a recent classic)

and

He Was a Quiet Man (why: I watched the trailer and it looked rather interesting)
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Since I've last posted in this thread, I've bought a lot of movies, but my most recent...

Disturbia
Planet Terror
The Holiday
Evan Almighty
Pathfinder
Hot Fuzz
Knocked Up
Lust In The Dust
Lie With Me

I should be getting this in the mail from amazon today

some other dvd's i plan and buying soon