Funniest movie ever

Tools    

i would say anything that has leslie nielsen in it and some mel brooks films

A system of cells interlinked
Oh, grab a copy (of Clue) and pop it in, it is still a scream, for sure. And of course, these days, many of the political jokes that flew over my head as a kid only add to the hilarity.

"Communism is just a red herring..."

Hey Thanks...I finally get it!! I really want to watch this again...

I just recently watched A Shot in the Dark ~ 1964 (Peter Sellers) with my Mother and although I have seen it before I never realized how timeless it is. Her laughter made it one of the best comedies I have seen in awhile.

I have to say the skit in Bruce almighty where a reporter guys just babble out random **** out of nowhere.

Dumb and Dumber

Superbad

I have to say the skit in Bruce almighty where a reporter guys just babble out random **** out of nowhere.
one of the best scenes in film history ever

Saint Of Gamblers....very funny hehehe

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I laughed through Drop Dead Gorgeous

Clean Humor - Bean: The Disaster Movie
Dirty Humor - There's Something About Mary

i know a lot of films that are way dirtier lol

Movie Forums Critic
Dumb and Dumber
Mr. Bean (The Movie)

Ace Ventura - Pet Detective is one of the funniest film I've ever watched...

Movie Forums Critic
Just remembered, Balls of Fury and dumb and dumberer

i just can't remember the title..it was a spoof of different movie..lols it was hilarious..not the scary movie..hmm i just forgot the title

I just recently watched A Shot in the Dark ~ 1964 (Peter Sellers) with my Mother and although I have seen it before I never realized how timeless it is. Her laughter made it one of the best comedies I have seen in awhile.
I think you pegged an often overlooked truth here, 7thson. Sometimes what makes a movie funniest to us goes beyound the actual film and its star and is a reflection of where we are, who we're with, and what is happening in our lives at that moment.

Example: I had to poor-boy it through my freshman year in college, living on the GI Bill and part-time wages in a one-room apartment with a small fridge and a hot-plate a couple of blocks off campus. Not only did I have no money, I also had no car, so I had no girl friend, either. And no TV. My financial shoestring was so thin that I went 3 months without even a Coke! But one day I spotted an ad in the (outside) window of the Student Union Building, saying that there would be a free showing of a Charlie Chaplin film, The Gold Rush, in the SUB that evening. Well, I'd gone without movies even longer than I had gone without a Coke, so I was there when they started to roll that film that evening. Guess after months of nothing but classes and homework and part-time jobs I musta been ready for some entertainment, because that movie soon had me rolling on the floor with laughter. Couldn't quit--laughed until my sides hurt! Today I still think that's the funniest picture on earth.

Preston Sturges said something about such a feeling in Sullivan's Travels, in which Joel McCrae plays a movie director famous for comedies who decides he wants to make a serious drama about the low side of life and sets out disguised as a hobo. Unfortunately a real hobo slugs him, dumps him into a boxcar, and then proceeds to get run over by a train, leaving only a mangled corpse and enough identification that everyone thinks it's the director who has died. Meanwhile the real director wakes up dazed and far from home and is arrested for vagrancy, ending up on a chain gang. Life is so bleak that he swears he'll never be able to laugh again. But then one night the road-gang he's on is taken to a nearby church where the black congregation shares their pews to watch an early Mickey Mouse cartoon. Although beaten, starved, isolated, and overworked, McCrae and all of the prisioners are soon roaring with laughter at the cartoon antics they're watching. Later rescued, McCrae declares from now on he'll make only comedies to help lift the human spirit.

Sometimes there's nothing like having the blues--or maybe just the right companion--to really tickle your funny bone!

Nice observation Rufnek, and so very true
Thank you. Sometimes conditions make movies funnier than they really are. I remember one night me and a buddy were higher than kites and went to an Army post theater showing of The Sword in the Stone. Man, we were laughing at everything on the screen and everyone in the audience. Sometime later back stateside, I took my daughter to see the film--wasn't funny at all.