What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

HEAT....just to see the only scene my 2 favourite actors share together....a great scene in a not so great film....but worth the money :d

Basic Instinct 2
John Wayne Collection
Little Boy Blue
Reno 911! The Complete Third Season
Shogun Assassin
Grand Prix
Tristram Shandy:A Cock and Bull Story

Dirty dancing 2
Traffic
Underworld(because of Kate Backinsale)
English Patient
From Dusk Till Dawn
Monsters Ball
Serpico
Farenhait 9/11
Shawshenk Redemption

A system of cells interlinked
Master and Commander - The Far Side of the World
Robocop
Die Hard
Saving Private Ryan
Contact
(replacing stolen copy)
The Game

Spending B-Day money

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
yeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!
Im glad someone else enjoyed Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Great flim, and Kilmer turned in one of his best performances, ever. If you're looking to be entertained, give Kiss Kiss Bang Bang a try, you wont be disappointed.

Dirty Dancing 2 : Which I shamelessy enjoyed over and over again. It took me two years to actually rent the darn thing, but I was surprised at how good it was.

Romancing the Stone: I love 80s movies, specificaly romantic comedies and this one is the creme of the crop. I wore out my VHS version, so I bought the DVD.

Platoon Special Edition because it was on sale for $9.99 and I need to update from the old VHS.

BASEketball because I like Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and their stupid humor.

Scarface 50th anniversary edition because I love scarface, and I could watch it over and over and over. 24 hours straight. Even though that would probably only be 6-8 showings.
"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

-
Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore

Damn you and bless you, Warner Brothers! Tomorrow my purchases will be...

The Warner Bros. Tough Guys Collection
  • Each Dawn I Die
  • Bullets or Ballots
  • G-Men
  • San Quentin
  • City for Conquest
  • A Slight Case of Murder

Film Noir Classics Collection, Vol. 3
  • On Dangerous Ground
  • His Kind of Woman
  • Border Incident
  • Lady in the Lake
  • The Racket
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Basically, he'll be spending between $75-80 for these tomorrow. I checked Amazon. Not a bad purchase, really. I've done worse.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Basically, he'll be spending between $75-80 for these tomorrow. I checked Amazon. Not a bad purchase, really. I've done worse.
Nope, not terrible, when all is said and done. The sets retail for $60 and $50 respectively, which averages out to about $10 a piece for each film. But yes, I ordered them online at a substantial discount, so it averages out to about $7 for each of the eleven films.

I've done much, much worse of course. I just wish Warners had spaced out the sets by a few weeks or so, so I didn't have to lay out all the money for them at once.

But Warners has been doing just MARVELOUS stuff with their libraries. FAR more than any of the other major Studios. They're putting everybody but the indpenednets like Criterion to shame. Keep it up, guys....just space them out a little more, please.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Finally, after the disappointment of getting this by mistake...

...i've got this...

Originally Posted by Golgot

...i've got this...

That surely would be a disappointing mistake

ATL (2006)
She's the Man (2006)
Natural Born Killers (1994)
Stoned (2005)

Alice!!!
Undercover Brother!

went to best buy and picked up some Masters of Horror along with the Simpsons for 19.99 I will be going back to finish getting the rest of the simpsons.

Then went to Target and picked up Tsotsi and Saint Ralph

Originally Posted by Golgot

...i've got this...

Sry Gols, but that is a bit too funny. Is it really true?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Ren and Stimpy - The Lost Episodes.

I was a fan of the original Ren and Stimpy cartoons when they came out, and I'd heard that there were new ones on cable, but I'd missed them when they aired, and now they are on DVD and I must say that they are just perverse and wrong and absolutely hilarious. "stimpy's Pregnant" is probably the sickest cartoon I've ever seen.