The Butcher's reviews

→ in
Tools    

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
Hey, I tought I sould make my first movie review since this is a movie forum. I'm going to keep them in this topic so when I make a new movie review I will bump this topic to the top. Feedback would be much appreciated.

First Movie to review, Escape from L.A.

Plot Summary from IMDB: The year is 2013 and Snake Plissken is back from Escape From New York. An earthquake has separated Los Angeles from the mainland. In the New Moral America, all citizens not conforming to the new laws (no smoking, no red meat, no Muslims in South Dakota) are deported to L.A., now a penal colony. The President's daughter has stolen a doomsday device and has fled to L.A. It's up to Snake Plissken to find the President's daughter and retrieve the doomsday device
before its too late.

There is a few things about the plot that I find hard to believe. 1st off, who in their right mind would want to free a city that turned into anarki? 2nd, how can something so powerful as that little black
box get into the hands of the presidents doughter!? Anyone in their right mind would not have allowed that to happen. Ok, at first I tought, maby that little black box is hard to use and nobody
would know how to use it. I was wrong, you could just punch in numbers over and over again and you would knock out a few cities pretty fast.

But that is no problem, this is one of those movies that don't need a good plot. I don't know about you guys but I love to whatch this movie just to whatch it, something I just can't explain. There are
some parts of this movie that almost kill your image of Snake. Snake playing basketball...Snake surfing...Snake hand gliding...Snake not shooting the presidents doughter.... We all know this, Snake
would have blown that girls brains out from the moment he put eyes on her and we all know it. I also think that snake would have been killed instantly while he was hand gliding. He was gliding very
slow, anyone could have shot him down. Another thing I would like to add, when that high tech helecopter flew into the city, the crazy people who have 3rd world technology some how got ahold of it.

There is parts of this movie that I really enjoy whatching just for the fun of it. Like the crazy surgeons for example. This movie really knows how to put an image of a 3rd world country in your head. And that puts the quality of the movie way higher. It sort of over shadows the bad parts.

Now for the ending. Oh man, the ending, simply one of the best endings ever in a movie!!! SNAKE IS THE MAN!!!! HE SHUT DOWN THE EARTH!!!! Man, that ending showed who Snake is and let nobody forget it!!!

I would like to see (Snake VR Ash)

1 more thing. This movie does have a good plot, but it was executed badly.

I give this movie a 6 out of 10.

I would have wrote alot more but I got to be heading out right now. Again, please give feeback.

(sorry It's hard to read, but it always double spaces. )

(Edit1- I fixed the double space thing.)

-TheButcher

is this the film with curt russel in it? if it is, not a very good way to start your review thread, the movie is an absolute disaster, i have no idea why you gave it a 6 out of 10, it's not even worth reviewing

The People's Republic of Clogher
Try Carpenter's Escape From New York - the earlier Russell/Plissken film. It's a lot better, but for me, no masterpiece either. I'd like to see what you thought of it compared to Escape From LA.

Keep the reviews coming!

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
I will keep the reviews coming. I'm not really sure how to review movies properly as of late so I'm going to keep reviewing movies intermittently and look at other's reviews so I can get the hang of this.

(Did I use intermittently right? This is a new word I just learned and I need to see if I can use it properly. )

-TheButcher

The People's Republic of Clogher
I use new words intermittently too. Today I'm going to use the word solipsism as much as I can.

Look at other peoples reviews (except mine, I wouldn't wish that on man nor beast) but the only advice I can give is to give a brief outline of the plot, then say if you liked the film followed by why you did or didn't like it - which is what you did.

Well, i liked Escape From LA as much as Escape From New York. And the Surgeon General is played by Bruce Campbell.

As for feedback. Personal input is the crucial part, and size really doesn't matter. As much as it takes to get your point across. For a review on a film like this, sepcifics points aren't essential, briefly mention scenes to back your arguments up.

And one other thing, i can't stand reading reviews with bad spelling and punctuation. Try writing it up in Word first then posting.

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
I can see why. I failed grammer countless times. I just can't ever get the hang of it. From now on, If I write a review I will make sure to spell check it.

-TheButcher

Don't take it personally, it's not the content, just the presentation. Oh, a section i forgot- add a DVD cover, maybe some screen shots, title in big bold letters with date and director. Make it jump off the page my friend.

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
You mean like that JRS dude does? I think I can handle that.

* Looks at Movie Mania Topic *

Oh wait, no, I can't do that. But I will try my best to get close to it. That JRS dude should take that kind of stuff for a occupation, man, It's all perfect and organized.

-TheButcher

Thanks for the review Butcher boy. Like the majority of people here, I liked the New York one more. Keep the reviews coming.