They should have called THE ISLAND...

Tools    

LINCOLN-6-ECHO

I think it would have made more money. Yes, I'm serious. The name THE ISLAND was a turn-off in a world of SURVIVIOR and LOST, etc.

Dude thats about the most.........nevermind, I will refrain.

Originally Posted by MooNoo
LINCOLN-6-ECHO

I think it would have made more money. Yes, I'm serious. The name THE ISLAND was a turn-off in a world of SURVIVIOR and LOST, etc.
Wait, are you serious?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Quit pumping out retarded threads, moonoo.

Just because you can make a thread, doesn't mean you have to.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Movie Forums Member
Um......

No. No they should not have. Both names suck.

im going to see the island soon..is it good?

The island was excellent, i went to see it with a horror movie freak friend so thought it was just going to be another horror movie in the likes of boogeyman and house of wax, but it wasnt a horror film at all - it's excellent. I agree the name puts you off 100 % and some of the action was not inkeeping with the theme of the film, they shouldnt have moved into action it just didnt work with the original genre of the film. When Lincoln and Jordan first emerge in the desert (worded as to hopefully not spoil anything) it felt very much like the end of thx 1138, if you have any idea what that means. I loved the film - definately worth a watch.

A system of cells interlinked
Believe it or not, some people don't watch bad TV, so the name is just fine, to me. I could probably list a hundred films with names that aren't that great or exciting, but the films are top notch.

But here are just a few:

Barton Fink
8 1/2
12 Monkeys
The Big Lebowski
Brazil
Wonder Boys

...these are films that have drawn derisive comments or looks when first mentioned, but once the people see the films.....

Originally Posted by MooNoo
LINCOLN-6-ECHO

LINCOLN-6-ECHO sounds too abstract, and borders on sheer cheesiness - Honestly, would you be inclined to watch a show titled LINCOLN-6-ECHO? Unless reliable sources are touting such an abysmally named movie, I wouldn't even be bothered to read its synopsis.

You've made a decent point about movie titles though - it seems that lots of people get turned off by a film just by its title. I remembered quite vividly that I had to drag a less well-read friend down to LOTR because it sounds "gay".....(oh wait, there were definately some homo-erotic hobbit innuendoes in the film - but i digress).

So yea. LINCOLN-6-ECHO wouldn't have made it. The Island would though - according to your logic - since lots of people enjoy the Survivor and Lost series anyway.