Romance
27.27%
15 votes
Sports
23.64%
13 votes
Other (write-in/specify in thread)
55 votes. You may not vote on this poll

It's definitely worth at least one viewing. Whether you like it or not...
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Trouble with a capital "T"
Maybe I will watch it later today.
Beau Travail is one of the noms in the 33rd HoF. People are generally liking it. I appreciated the cinematography and the look of the film, it's ballet like in some of the scenes which is creative and well choreographed. Don't look for a conventional story as it's more of an impression of feelings and moments.

Another outstanding French film from the 90s also starring Denis Lavant (who is amazing in everything) and Juliette Binoche (who is also amazing in everything) that I might rewatch soon is Leos Carax's The Lovers on the Bridge.

I haven't voted yet.

BribesPersuasive arguments welcome.
Dude, musicals are like totally lame and weak. Vote for 90s refresh because...like...okay.

On the bribe side just trying to gauge what it would take:

Vote for musicals and if it wins I'll give you Kyle Tucker for a sack of potatoes.

Would that get your vote then shut down the poll?

While I do think it would be funny for Musicals to forever come in second place, I do think they should get their Countdown even though it's not something that interests me. So if they don't win the poll, I do hope we collectively agree to Yoda's proposed "second place is automatically the next Countdown" change.

I voted early and have just been silently following the thread for the last week, but I kind of wish I could remove my one vote (only voted for Decade Refresh) because Musicals taking the lead in the 11th hour would be a fun turn of events.

If it's set that whichever countdown is runner-up is going to be the one we do after the winner, can we just flip a coin or something at this point?

Also @Yoda when are the Noir countdowns getting added to the Lists section?

If it's set that whichever countdown is runner-up is going to be the one we do after the winner, can we just flip a coin or something at this point?
Yeah I think if it's just about which we do first, how we break the tie maybe doesn't matter a ton.

Also @Yoda when are the Noir countdowns getting added to the Lists section?
Coincidentally I made a note to finally do this just yesterday. Hopefully this week, just been extremely busy lately (and fighting off the occasional server issue, which has been a significant distraction all by itself).

Just tell you my thoughts real quick. I haven't voted in the poll yet and not sure I will. I'm about to move house and a whole lot of stuff's going up in the air, so not sure how available I'll be to participate. So in that respect it seems a little selfish to vote if I'm not sure of participating.

I will say this though. I knew musicals were a thing that was going to be considered for the next countdown and I really warmed to the concept. It's very far from a genre I like, but the thought of exploring a lot of new films, especially of the classic era, that I'd never seen before and giving me extra insights I thought would be very appealing. Interesting in the most innocent way. So I'd like to see a musicals countdown.

That said, there's a lot of support here for a '90s revisit and I wouldn't stand in the way of that. It's not my genre as I could only name a few films, but it's great that it has such widespread support which should make for a super countdown if it happened.

And of course there's a few other options in contention also. Let's hope they all come to fruition eventually.

Trouble with a capital "T"
Just tell you my thoughts real quick. I haven't voted in the poll yet and not sure I will. I'm about to move house and a whole lot of stuff's going up in the air, so not sure how available I'll be to participate...[/qoute]Hope moving goes good for you. I don't know how long it will take for you to finish moving into your new digs, but even if the next countdown was decided today (which it won't be), it would still take several months before the countdown reveal of the Top 100 started.
I wish you would consider voting for Musicals if you personally prefer that over the 90s Redux. The poor fans of a Musical countdown have had to endure alot of negativity and have been coming in second place or very close to it for over a year and sure could use some help right about now.