Carey Elwes-Saw

Tools    

I watched this not too long ago, and then I read the review by Sedai on it, and I couldn't disagree more about what it (the review) said about Elwes's acting. I thought it was excellent! Now the other guy. . .no, but Elwes was great. What are you guy's opinions?
And found he was eating his shoe.

well i didnt like any of acting in that movie i thought it was all bad. but the guy who played Adam(dont know his name) was alot worse of an actor than everyone else

A system of cells interlinked
If I remember correctly I think I said Elwes was miscast for the role. I like Elwes quite a bit but it didn't seem to be his bag. Adam was terrible.

Thnaks for the comments btw, Zepp.

He was a ham...which pisses me off. I like him a lot and went to see the film just because of him...but, but, but...he was a ham.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I thought "mis-cast" was a pretty accurate statement. It doesnt take away Elwes ability to act, just his ability to be "stretched" as an actor. Also I love this movie, but the problems caused by the combination of a rookie writer and director who are also close friends is evident. However, if Saw is their first movie, I can't wait to see their 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.

Viddy well little brother
I felt that the constant flashbacks didnt give either actor the proper place or time to bring the best performance out of them. Great movie,but I think it could have been better without all the flashbacks although I know some were needed. But without the flashbacks, it would have been alot more claustrophobic and frightening. Of course, If like you guys said, that Elwes was miscast, than my idea wouldn't work at all!

Lets put a smile on that block
I like Elwes a lot, but he proved (to me at least) that his just not that great at the serious roles. Everytime he was screaming when he was doing you know what with that Saw (Hey i just got the title of the film, woah thats good stuff.) i just kept thinking of 'Here comes...The Claw! Watch out, aaaaah, its The Claw!'

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I like Elwes a lot, but he proved (to me at least) that his just not that great at the serious roles. Everytime he was screaming when he was doing you know what with that Saw (Hey i just got the title of the film, woah thats good stuff.) i just kept thinking of 'Here comes...The Claw! Watch out, aaaaah, its The Claw!'
Ok so it took me a second to realize his role in Liar Liar, but now that you have pointed it out I will never be able to watch Saw the same way again......thanks for ruining it for me

Originally Posted by Sedai
If I remember correctly I think I said Elwes was miscast for the role. I like Elwes quite a bit but it didn't seem to be his bag. Adam was terrible.

Thnaks for the comments btw, Zepp.
Yeah, me and my friend (I don't think you'll care about his name) I think are the only two people on earth who really enjoyed his performance. You say miscast, I say good. It's almost like the potato thing. (you know, I say potato, you say. . .potato. It doesn't work when you type it.)

Btw, I didn't enjoy the other guy either. He's obviously a good writer though.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
He was a ham...which pisses me off. I like him a lot and went to see the film just because of him...but, but, but...he was a ham.
This is kind of off topic, but would you consider Sean Penn a ham, because i've heard him called that and heard other comments about him overacting but personally I like him quite a bit.

Originally Posted by Strummer521
This is kind of off topic, but would you consider Sean Penn a ham, because i've heard him called that and heard other comments about him overacting but personally I like him quite a bit.
I like good ol' Sean Penn. I thought he did an exceptional job in Mistic River.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Stickyshoez
I like good ol' Sean Penn. I thought he did an exceptional job in Mistic River.

And U-turn

Originally Posted by Sedai
And U-turn
Still haven't seen that. But I wanna.