Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

Tools    

Who's the old geezer on the right - he looks kinda reminiscent of someone...?

Ahhh I just watched it. That's a very good trailer. Yeah, it's gonna be good, again. They're all good. That "floor" of quality is probably one of the reasons I like them so much. They'll all be good, they're still thrilling (which is insane, I've seen so many action films it's so rare for me to be genuinely tense watching an action sequence), and even if the film's a little on the meh-side overall, I know there's going to be two incredibly cool set pieces, at minimum.

Can't wait.

That's just Bob Cruise.

The John Woo entry is pretty unbearable, and I am glad that after the third entry they got away from using those impossibly perfect masks all the damn time, but overall yes, a very strong series that unlike most things has actually gotten better as it progressed. Should be a fun finale.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The John Woo entry is pretty unbearable, and I am glad that after the third entry they got away from using those impossibly perfect masks all the damn time, but overall yes, a very strong series that unlike most things has actually gotten better as it progressed. Should be a fun finale.
Yeah, second one is the only one I would say is less than
. And I agree the masks should be used sparingly (Ghost Protocol was, I think, the "right" way to do it). Since the third they've all been kind of similar, but in a good way. Bird did a good job "resetting" things a bit there and McQuarrie's really run with it. Everything from the fourth film onwards is in a sense another franchise, at least stylistically.

A system of cells interlinked
God help me, but I just find this franchise to be so, so enjoyable.
Pretty much my favorite action franchise atm. What can I say?

MI:II is easily my least-favorite, and the one I rarely return to these days.

Love the run from IV - VI!

I agree about the second one. A decent action film, maybe, but a poor M:I film.

Re: the masks, I like how the third one tried to ground the logistics of it during the whole setpiece where they're preparing the PSH one. I thought it was a nice touch to bring it back to something somewhat feasible.

The third one is also my favorite, so there's that as well.

I hadn't seen the trailer, but you gotta love all the little callbacks to the previous films, especially the first one... Kittridge? top of a train?

I hadn't seen the trailer, but you gotta love all the little callbacks to the previous films, especially the first one... Kittridge? top of a train?
Yeah, same. I was half expecting (and still half-expect in the film itself) a "You've never seen me very upset."

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
As I've read it, that's probably Norm Macdonald having just completed his last motion picture cameo. They probably highlighted him in the trailer in respect.

RIP.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Fallout was prime action moviemaking. I’ve seen it eight times since it came out. It’s thrilling and entertaining every single time.

I’ve always enjoyed these movies, but as others have said it was around 3 and 4 that it truly turned into something else and found its footing completely. McQuirre has proven to be a master at establishing set pieces and executing action sequences. He knows how to create tempo, balance, rhythm and realism. I’ve said it before, but I could talk about sequences like the Paris sequence in Fallout for hours, only about how the action is setup up and how it works in telling a grander story.

I absolutely cannot wait for the two-parter. It’s gonna be great I’m sure. The teaser is filled with beautiful shots and exciting sequences.

I absolutely cannot wait for the two-parter. It’s gonna be great I’m sure. The teaser is filled with beautiful shots and exciting sequences.
same here they choose best stops with amazing scenery and beautiful shots of the movie