The Mandalorian (Star Wars)

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Just finished watching Season 2. Watched it in one sitting. It's still enjoyable but while with Season 1 they would rip off other movies, here they rip off other movies AND Season 1. The entire thing feels, just like Season 1, like a side questline in some computer game. The final episode sure is a twist. Griffith's last minute rescue and uncanny valley combined for some cheesy goodness!

Baby Yoda? Oh. I liked Cheburashka before it was cool.

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You ready? You look ready.
I thought season 2 was just character development. I have loved every episode and I enjoyed seeing Bill Burr again and Olyphant. I am going to watch the last episode now.

My Darth Star is in for a service
I've watched every episode and thoroughly enjoyed it.
No huge sub plots muddying the story, just a man and a baby making their way through the trials and tribulations of life to reach their destination with help from their friends.
I don't watch TV to analyse each and every programme I view, I just sit there in my grundies (not a sight for the faint hearted or someone with asthma) and enjoy it.
I've found most programmes improve after the first series, Blackadder from the BBC being a prime example.
I agree with Yoda on what a TV programme should be too, I hate those long drawn out progs like Lost and The 100.

I enjoyed season 2, but the last episode was the lowest point for me. Some friends had raved about it (spoiler free) so maybe that's the reason? It was ambitious but the execution almost made me throw up in my mouth

Bill Burr was ace, the 1st episode he was in kinda pulled me out of the episode a bit but the return was great for me

The Adventure Starts Here!
I thought season 2 was just character development. I have loved every episode and I enjoyed seeing Bill Burr again and Olyphant. I am going to watch the last episode now.
It was starting to feel like a Deadwood reunion after a while: Olyphant, W. Earl Brown, and then Titus Welliver too. I was waiting for Ian McShane to show up...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
SPOILERS

S2 was Ok, can't imagine myself ever wanting to watch it again. Some of the combat scenes vs Stormtroopers were Austin Powers level bad, like the rock tumbling down knocking them down, virtually the same scene as:

Many of the stormtroopers dying to melee weapons reminds me of the armed henchmen running at Batman conveniently instead of standing back shooting.

Wasn't too happy with the return of Boba Fett who is now John Wick instead of a mysterious clever adversary.

It all still feels very thin on the ground story wise, based on nostalgia and fan service. However it looks like this may be the first step of launching a combined TV/movie Star Wars universe brining back the characters we REALLY want to see, clean slate post ROTJ world hopefully forgetting about the recent films, and there are hints of bringing back the EU into it, Thrawn? yes please.

AS for the finale, that was OK I guess, Jon Favreau knows what we want. **** you Rian Johnston, loser! I would have preffered they had their ducks in a row and actually had Luke recast and ready to go instead of another CGI like Tarkin/Leia. However they had Mark Hamill on set, providing the voice (tinkered with obv).

The Adventure Starts Here!
That recreation of Luke was pretty neat, @Doolallyfrank ! The look was better, but when he talked, that upper lip area didn't move naturally enough. Still... amazing work!

That recreation of Luke was pretty neat, @Doolallyfrank ! The look was better, but when he talked, that upper lip area didn't move naturally enough. Still... amazing work!

I thought exactly the same, the mouth looks worse than the original. But still a pretty good job for the length of time they spent on it

I know it's a really fine line talking about these things today. I'm going to try and to also be kinda brief if possible. I think what Disney is doing to Gina Carano is wrong. I believe one of the first things we need to do as a nation is to CANCEL cancel culture if we hope to come together. We need to talk to each other, not find more ways to get people who don't talk right deplatformed.

I feel the only "real" thing I can do is to no longer support this show or Disney+. So, in order to cancel cancel culture we have to cancel Disney+? I know... it makes no sense.

Yeah, very fine line. A reminder that we've banned political discussions, and to be fair to everyone that mostly means not starting conversations that will necessarily become political if someone wants to reply, otherwise one person gets to say what they want and the next can't.

We're being flexible on all this because a) it's tough and b) it's a new rule, but I think this is outside the scope of the show itself.

Welcome to the human race...
The problem being that Carano has a history of posting increasingly divisive rhetoric and has had ample opportunity to "talk to each other" (e.g. Pedro Pascal countering her mockery of preferred pronouns) that she's ultimately disregarded, so I don't think you can pin what's happened entirely on "cancel culture".

Back on topic, that CGI Luke was so bad it made me embarrassed to have ever invested in this show anyway.

I feel ya. If need be I can edit out the personal stuff and just leave it at, I won't be watching anymore. Unless they change their minds.
I can watch, but I won't be paying a dime to Disney anymore. I'm just amazed that having different opinions seems to be an OK reason to be fired (and probably being turned into a pariah for the whole industry) for so many people. Maybe they send her to re-education camp next.