Michael Jackson Biopic

Tools    

The producer of Bohemian Rhapsody has announced a biopic on Michael Jackson’s life

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/m...iqqXyVy4daDgQM
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The producer of Bohemian Rhapsody has announced a biopic on Michael Jackson’s life

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/m...iqqXyVy4daDgQM

You mean his life as a child molester.
I was gonna ask earlier if Bryan Singer was directing but resisted starting the jokes

Unless this is a 4 hour movie, they're not going to do his entire story

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Michael Jackson summed up in just under a minute:

You don't need to watch anything else concerning him.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I am so happy that they are doing this.

Look, everyone - I'm back. I got in. I got on Movie Forums. But I don't wanna be startin' something with anyone, either.

I hope my best friend, Yoda, who I met when he was 10, will let me stay here under this ridiculous name since it's the only one I can have access to. Yes, I'm a little tired of the Michael Jackson identity. That's why I died. It's so tarnished. Ruined by these filthy accusations against me. Did you all see that disgusting HBO special? Horrible people, horrible people out to get me.

I was just talking to an old MoFo by the name of Sexy Celebrity. He can't log into Movie Forums because he locked himself out of his account. He would really like to get back into his account because it would make him so happy. Please petition the return of Sexy Celebrity. He loves you - and I love you all. Especially Yoda.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
This is interesting cause will they cast a black actor but then paint him with white make up for a lot of the movie then?

The truth is in here
Bohemian Rhapsody was all right, but I don't want a standard, play-it-safe biopic. Michael Jackson was a great musician with complicated issues. I want a balanced, fair portrait, neither one that sugarcoats anything nor poses as a judge.

I am so happy that they are doing this.

Look, everyone - I'm back. I got in. I got on Movie Forums. But I don't wanna be startin' something with anyone, either.

I hope my best friend, Yoda, who I met when he was 10, will let me stay here under this ridiculous name since it's the only one I can have access to. Yes, I'm a little tired of the Michael Jackson identity. That's why I died. It's so tarnished. Ruined by these filthy accusations against me. Did you all see that disgusting HBO special? Horrible people, horrible people out to get me.

I was just talking to an old MoFo by the name of Sexy Celebrity. He can't log into Movie Forums because he locked himself out of his account. He would really like to get back into his account because it would make him so happy. Please petition the return of Sexy Celebrity. He loves you - and I love you all. Especially Yoda.
You're too bad, you should just beat it now

Deadline reporting...

https://deadline.com/2019/11/michael...ng-1202792922/

Script to be written by John Logan, the man behind Martin Scorsese's The Aviator.

Deadline also reports that "the film isn’t intended to be a sanitized rendering of Jackson’s life".

Either way, I still strongly believe that Michael was innocent. I also believe everybody will go watch this, whether they are fans of the King of Pop or not.

Eh...it's like Martin Luther King Jr, Michael Jordan or Mother Theresa it's likely impossible to tell the story without covering the issues and where is the money coming from.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Eh...it's like Martin Luther King Jr, Michael Jordan or Mother Theresa it's likely impossible to tell the story without covering the issues and where is the money coming from.
You're comparing a child molester to Mother Teresa? Jackson was a pervert. Thank God he's dead.

He's "comparing" them in the sense of "their lives contained controversy that you can't ignore if making a biopic about them." Not in the sense of virtue.

Let's not make this into an outrage contest.

You're comparing a child molester to Mother Teresa? Jackson was a pervert. Thank God he's dead.
To my knowledge Michael Jackson was not found guilty of child molestation. In fact the main accuser had a history of falsely accusing celebrities and attempting to sue them.

Take a chill pill, buddy.

He was found not guilty. The accusers and their stupid parents were after Michael’s money. They were opportunists. Michael was a naive man child. A weirdo. Sure. But he was not a criminal.

A part of me died the day he passed. You and a small minority of disgruntled people might have celebrated, but billions of people who love him around the world grieved.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I have noticed that when it comes to biopics, Hollywood usually chooses the more safe celebrities to make biopics out of. I've always wanted to see one of Roman Polanksi as well, but they still haven't made one.