The Videogames Tab

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I have Atlus on speed-dial, you can expect a knock on your door soon.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Yet another The Witcher 3 post...

While playing last night, things seemed to be wrapping up. All the characters I had met, far and wide, all came together for an epic battle against the forces of evil. Meeting were had, preparations were made, and everyone readied themselves for what was to be the final confrontation with the big bad evil. The sequence that followed was jaw-dropping. As the battle wore on, things slowly started to go wrong for the heroes as the forces of darkness pressed closer and closer. The last 3 minutes of the sequence were emotional and incredibly well acted and played. Alas, this was only the end of Act II! When I realized there was more to come in this already ridiculously huge game, I couldn't believe it. I am over 100 hours in, and it just keeps going and going!

Best RPG ever!
I'm still putting the odd hour in here and there on the PS4 version in search of the canonical 'good' ending and finding stuff that I never knew existed in my first playthrough on PC. The expansions are 50% off right now on PSN .... I already have them on Steam .... but what if I buy them again?

For those still on the fence about the Bayonetta remake:

I'm not over-selling this, am I? Says he with his Bayonetta wallpaper and full size body pillow.

Possibly an illegal photograph.

17 hours in, by the way. P5 takes its tiiiiime.
Guy from IGN said his "English" playthrough (After platinuming the Japanese version with no control of the Japanese language...Really??? Do this..without knowing wat this is ) was a brief 100 hours.

A system of cells interlinked
When I bought The Witcher 3, it came with all the DLC on Steam. I have yet to start any of that content, as it is all high level.

My Gwent deck is savage, though!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Damn I wish Gwent multiplayer had been stiched in rather than made a stand-alone. (Although the rule switches in the full version do sound decent, seems more fleshed out)

When I bought The Witcher 3, it came with all the DLC on Steam. I have yet to start any of that content, as it is all high level.

My Gwent deck is savage, though!
It's basically standalone as you can either play through it seamlessly along with the main game or it'll assign you a level and a bunch of gear so you can start it without playing any of the rest of the game.

I've not finished Blood and Wine yet but Hearts of Stone is fantastic - One of the best questlines in the entire franchise.

I picked up Witcher 3 and all the DLC the other week but it's going to be a long time before I'm able to play it. I picked up Witcher 2 on 360 ages ago, but before I got around to playing it, the first game was dirt cheap on a Steam sale, so I picked it up. My computer at the time, however, was not quite capable of running it (which I found out the hard way). I've since upgraded and can easily run the game, but still haven't played it. I guess I could just jump straight into Witcher 3, but I already own the previous games so I'd might as well play them first and get exposed to all of the lore.

In Fallout 4 news, I figured out electricity for things that can't connect directly to a generator yesterday, so other than 1 or 2 quests, I've spent most of my time lighting up houses.

I'd recommend going straight to Witcher 3, and maybe reading a summary of the story so far.

I love the first two games, but they're dated - the first game spectacularly so, as it's running on a modified Neverwinter Nights engine - and might sour on the entire series (Witcher 1's attitude to, well, shagging is hardly progressive, although it's done with a wink) before even getting to the fantastic third game.

If I just jump into the best game in the series, I might not want to go back and play the other ones though. It's a tough call. I'll try playing the first Witcher when I get the time. If I'm not into it, I can always just drop it and try Witcher 2 instead.

I picked up Witcher 3 and all the DLC the other week but it's going to be a long time before I'm able to play it. I picked up Witcher 2 on 360 ages ago, but before I got around to playing it, the first game was dirt cheap on a Steam sale, so I picked it up. My computer at the time, however, was not quite capable of running it (which I found out the hard way). I've since upgraded and can easily run the game, but still haven't played it. I guess I could just jump straight into Witcher 3, but I already own the previous games so I'd might as well play them first and get exposed to all of the lore.

In Fallout 4 news, I figured out electricity for things that can't connect directly to a generator yesterday, so other than 1 or 2 quests, I've spent most of my time lighting up houses.
I suggest you play the previous games because those decisions matter in the long run. Also, I don't know what graphics card you're using, but if it's an AMD I suggest shutting off HairWorks in Witcher 3. It has caused a lot of problems for AMD users (myself included).

@MonnoM My current computer can't run Witcher 3. I'd only be playing the first Witcher on PC. I have Witcher 2 on 360, and Witcher 3 on XB1.
Misread your post. Well, nothing to worry about then.

Anybody have any thoughts on the NES Classic discontinuance? I think it may be artificial, due in part to v. 2.0 coming out....

"calling Game Stop"

I'm sure the scalpers are loving it.

More and more lately, it seems like Nintendo has been making decisions that are blatantly anti-consumer. They clearly really want your money, but don't care about their customers at all. This just makes it seem like an even bigger cash grab to get them through the holiday season because the Switch wasn't going to be out until the Spring.

Yeah. Those eBay prices scream retail or bust.

And then the people wanting $300+ for a modded one. So so cray.

As a Raspberry Pi owner, I don't care. I've said it before but Nintendo still think like a toy company, not an electronics manufacturer.

Probably the only time I have ever cited FOX News. "The Real Reason" even though the article offered no citation or sources is Nintendo doesn't want to draw attention away from the Switch.

That logic is on par with " Lamborghini to quit making tractors in order to keep from cannibalizing sales of the Aventador."

Anybody have any thoughts on the NES Classic discontinuance? I think it may be artificial, due in part to v. 2.0 coming out....

"calling Game Stop"
Yeah, I'm going to try Dreamcast and the emulator discs

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Basically if you get one, don't open it. Modern day collectors item.

Suspect's Reviews

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Basically if you get one, don't open it. Modern day collectors item.
I opened it. It's not sealed or anything, so you can put it back together so to speak. I saved all the bags and didn't rip any of them as well.