The Witch - Movie Analysis (SPOILER)

Tools    

If people still want to believe movies have no influence over people and that the media is looking out for them than they should watch this movie.

The main character is a girl that get's abused by her christian family. The movie shows time and time again how her christian family are a bunch of hypocrites and that they are trying to destroy her, the only well mannered person in the family. Well in the end guess what happens? A black goat sweeps her off her feet and she ends up worshiping it. Goat symbolizing baphomet which is rampant in todays media.

Again, I don't believe in christianity and christ but I also don't believe in the false goat god baphomet.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Yeah, I know I hate it when the media tries to get me to worship goat gods. Like that movie, Goat God's Not Dead. Seriously.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I so wanted to see this movie, not for the goat-worshiping aspect of course. I've got to wait for July for the dvd.

WARNING: "The Witch" spoilers below
It's about women being the root of all evil. Her sexual maturity brings sin upon her family. Her mother is envious of the attention she's receiving from the father and brother. Her father is prideful enough to leave the church and drag his family into the woods. Her brother lusts after her burgeoning figure. The children make a pact with the devil. There's tons of symbolism that is in line with this reading, the most basic of which is the apple of paradise that the boy coughs up. It's a commentary on the protestants of that era and their ideals that still reverberate today. I'm afraid Illuminati isn't behind this one.

It's about women being the root of all evil. He sexual maturity brings sin upon her family. Her mother is envious of the attention she's receiving from the father and brother. Her father is prideful enough to leave the church and drag his family into the woods. Her brother lusts after her burgeoning figure. The children make a pact with the devil. There's tons of symbolism that is in line with this reading, the most basic of which is the apple of paradise that the boy coughs up. It's a commentary on the protestants of that era and their ideals that still reverberate today. I'm afraid Illuminati isn't behind this one.
Yes... Well the thing is is that satan/lucifer/baphomet/jesus whole agenda is to deceive people. In the movie the family worships jesus as G-d but this but a trick by satan. Jesus is not G-d in any way or form. Christianity/Catholicism is a trick of satan to get people to believe in a false idol. The new testament which is all about jesus was added to the original old testament and contradicts everything G-d says in the old testament. This is the "new" world order agenda.

The movie is very ambiguous in the message it is trying to get across. You can take away that all women are evil, you can take away that it's a heaping pile of Christian mumbo jumbo, in the end you're going to take away your own personal interpretation. My personal experience of the movie was that she was being driven away by her family as they were blaming her for everything that was going wrong and the ending is a sort of moment of redemption.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The movie is Dreyer had a kinky date with Bergman and they both raped Polański.

The movie is very ambiguous in the message it is trying to get across. You can take away that all women are evil, you can take away that it's a heaping pile of Christian mumbo jumbo, in the end you're going to take away your own personal interpretation. My personal experience of the movie was that she was being driven away by her family as they were blaming her for everything that was going wrong and the ending is a sort of moment of redemption.
The bible old testament aka judaism has countless stories where women destroy men. Eve is the first women that worshiped the serpent and got adam to sin and delilah was the woman that got samson, a judge of brute stregnth to die for her love. Also, Solomon whom was one of the greatest kings was tempted by his concubines to worship false gods. Old testament warns to be careful around women lest they tempt and destroy you.

The new testament aka christianity is about jesus becoming friends with whores aka mary magdalene.

WARNING: "The Witch" spoilers below
So in the movie, the witch, satan uses christianity, a false religion, to get people to hate G-d and to worship him instead.

If you see the ending.... The witches all dance around naked around the campfire where the black goat brings the main character girl to. This is just another representation of how women are easily led astray by satan. The book of genesis in the bible already said it. These movies want to enforce it.....

A system of cells interlinked
Leviticus: I edited your post, adding spoiler tags around your blatant reveal of the ending of the film. Please take care in the future to not spoil films for those who have not seen them yet.

Thanks

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Movie was boring and terrible.
Of course it was. It was un-G-dly
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The VVitch is (in my view at least) one of the best horror films of all time, save for the final 2 minutes or so.

My interpretation of it is this. It's definitely not about how women are evil, or about taking Christianity literally. The film is in fact partly devoted to the primordial roots of the USA, created as it was by English Puritans who thought that even Reformation England was taking the gospels too lightly. In fact, the banishment of William's family from the plantation was due to him considering the "commonwealth" as excessively lax on matters of religion (at least that is what is hinted)

This film also brilliantly makes the point that the pioneers who colonized North America and then begat the USA were not aiming at building a superstate of great wealth and power (i.e. the country we know today) but were merely looking to practice their version of Christianity as faithfully as they could, or at least the powerful ideological justification was that. In William's own words: What went we out into this wilderness to find? Leaving our country, kindred, our fathers houses? We have travailed a vast ocean. For what? For what?...Was it not for the pure and faithful dispensation of the Gospels, and the Kingdom of God?...I cannot be judged by false Christians, for I have done nothing, save preach Christ's true Gospel...

This is a world where the only theoretical-cultural reference is Christianity & the Gospels, where most people are illiterate and the struggle for survival is constant. The film conveys all of that really well. If the fantastical/horror element is removed from the equation, then this is what the film boils down to.

As for the perception of many that the film is about the inherent vice of young females, then I could not disagree more. In matter of fact, Thomasin is the heroine and central character of the film and is portrayed in a purely positive manner, whereas every other family member is portrayed as highly flawed. The father is incompetent, cannot provide for his family and is unjustifiably proud and self-righteous. The mother is hysterical and jealous of her young and far prettier daughter. The catch here is that she is well past her sexual/reproductive peak and for this reason, she is intensely envious of Thomasin and the disappearance of her child is even more unbearable. Caleb is well-meaning but cannot satisfy or control his lust, while the young twins are nothing but an annoyance and a burden for the family. The point here is one we encounter in several films, namely that the most precious member of society is the young/attractive/fertile female, everyone else is disposable and replaceable. A similar theme runs through 10 Cloverfield Lane.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I think I got sucked into a chronosynclastic infundibulum. What is this sorcery???