Quick, Give Me Some Good British Movies

Tools    

A Room for Romeo Brass
I think I first saw Paddy Considine in Dead Man's Shoes, and that was good enough. Then I saw him in A Room for Romeo Brass and thought: he's up there with Gary Oldman. Brilliant character actor and side-splittingly funny as well as scary as Morell.

I still haven't seen that but I've always loved Chris Morris, so I hope to at some point.

Such a clever and funny movie.

Watched it a few weeks back. One of my favourite ever comedies.
I watched it with my cousin 3 times. It's one of the only films I can watch over and over again and still laugh every time.

Mary Poppins
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

You ready? You look ready.
I just realized this is my 100th thread. I couldn't have picked a better topic either. Most of the suggestions in here are on my watch list.

I loved The Long Good Friday.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I just realized this is my 100th thread. I couldn't have picked a better topic either. Most of the suggestions in here are on my watch list.

I loved The Long Good Friday.
Glad to hear that

British movies list:
Dad's Army
The other side of the door
Kids in love
The BFG

Also Tyrannosaur from Paddy Considine.
This is a must. Great movie. Dead Man's Shoes also a great shout.

My recommendations:

"The Selfish Giant"
"Lilting"
"Kes"
"Kill List"
"Sightseers"
"A Field in England"