The 2014 MoFie Award Ceremonies

Tools    

*GASP*

Revenge of the Nerds in HD on TV.

And at my favorite part -- when they smoke the wonder joints.

They edited out the Asian guy saying "hair pie."

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Congrats to all the winners and nominees and sorry to hear about your grandmother Swan.

Congrats to all the winners!

Had a good time I see. Sorry I couldn't make it though but I had fun reading over the thread and putting the Awards together over the past 6 months.

Thanks to G'Dawg for being patient with me when I kept sending different designs, over and over and over and over and for including me in various changes and asking for my opinion.

And, thank you to everyone who got me the Most Creative Award. Glad to know my avatars and fan art and my MoFie Art got noticed

By the way, my little jab at honeykid's victory isn't just me standing up for my man, it's also the subtle beginning of my upcoming campaign for MOST CONTROVERSIAL MOFO OF 2015!
I reguarly post on a movie site that I hate Kubrick, Blade Runner and pretty much everything else many hold dear. I walk around this place with a bolt gun slaughtering sacred cows... And I'm not even nominated. You've got no chance.

Thanks you to everyone who voted for me. You know I love this place and I'm so happy to've won my two awards. Sorry I wasn't around (again) for the ceremony. You guys are the best and I love you for it.

Here's to another 12 months of making some of you laugh, whilst baffling and pissing the rest of you off.

A special thanks to everyone who helped out with presenting the awards and, obviously, to Rodent and Godoggo for putting this whole thing together again. Rodent, the graphics were fantastic and, Godoggo, I kind of think of you like Destiny now. For the newer memebers that won't mean much/anything, but the older ones will know just how special that is and what it means for the site. We're very lucky to have both of you.

Lastly, thanks to MV for her presentation post for Funniest MoFo and, especially, her congratulation post. An early front runner for 2015 post of the year, for me.

Congratulations to all of the winners! Although I didn't win anything, I am still very happy to have been nominated for no less than 4 awards. So thank you!

I was smiling to myself at work this morning when I thought of my ray of sunshine award. I can't remember the last time I ever won anything apart from some marshmallows in the last community centre raffle
Lots of people said some lovely things which really touched me, so this is just to thank you and to tell you I do get cobby sometimes, but you lot must bring out the best side of me
Thanks again, if you were nearer I'd buy you all a pint xxx

PS Nebbit, I'm minding it for you for next year as you were the original

I'm not positive, but I think yesterday set a new record for amount of rep given out thanks to this thread.

Yesterday's total was 4 times what we see on a typical day and double what we see even on particularly high days.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Have now caught up with the entire thread. Just as with last year another very entertaining event. Huge credit to G-dog and Rodent for putting it all together, and to all the presenters that also contributed. Great stuff.

I didn't do too bad at all in terms of my picks. I had Cap (Best Newcomer), Rodent (Most Creative), Swan (Most Improved), G-dog (Good Sport and Overachiever), HK (Friend and Funniest), Mark (The Master), Friendly Mushroom (Username) and Vicky (Island).

I missed on a few but couldn't really put up much argument against the actual winners. For Best Thread I went for the Chill Club because it's good fun and I pretty much missed all of the 70s Countdown. I've got little awareness of many game threads so I went for the Box Office Challlenge as Best Game which is about the only one I regularly take part in. Best Post I went for Sexy Grinch. Best Avatar I think I went for Vicky's Joaquin/Commodus avi. Best Couple I think was cricket and Swan. Post More and Ray of Sunshine I think I went for nebbit in both. Though for Ray of Sunshine I really can't take it away from Christine either. I just wish I knew her better, somehow our paths don't seem to have crossed a great deal.

THE NOMINEES:

JayDee, who is secretly Groot!
I.....am Groot?

I'll take it!

Congrats to all the winners!! You all deserved it!!!! (except jaydee)
Ok that's it. You've been flirting with it but now you just made me enemies list.

Episode 21: Best Movie Reviewer
Moviemeditations
Episode 21: Best Movie Reviewer
Moviemeditations
Looks like we have another couple of possible entries for my enemies list.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Was just wondering a couple of things about the awards that maybe G-dog or Rodent could answer. Outside of the ties obviously what were the most closely contested awards? And which were the most conclusive, one-sided victories?

Also how many repeat winners did we have in total? I won Best Reviewer again, HK was Funniest again, Mark was Master of Movies again, Weeman got Best Post again, Sexy was once again Most Controversial. Who else?

It came into my mind (before the second ceremony actually) to perhaps suggest that winners would be made ineligible for that award the following year to spread the love around. As one of those people that would be affected however I'm now thinking f*ck it! I want to go for the hat-trick!

Now let us once again celebrate me retaining my Best Reviewer title. Two in a row! Two times!

Also how many repeat winners did we have in total? I won Best Reviewer again, HK was Funniest again, Mark was Master of Movies again, Weeman got Best Post again, Sexy was once again Most Controversial. Who else?
Gunslinger got the Desert Island one again.