Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
White Chicks

This was actually pretty funny. It was stupid, silly, over the top but very funny.

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
(Michael Cimino, 1974)

[Rating: 2.5 out of 5]

I thoroughly enjoyed the first 30-45 minutes of this movie, which sees Clint Eastwood and a young Jeff Bridges share the screen (as well as a few stolen cars). After that, however, the movie begins to suffer from genre-identity disorder. It transforms itself from a buddy/road-trip movie into a fish-out-of-water comedy (complete with dumb characters and flat humor), into a less-than-thrilling heist picture (featuring Jeff Bridges in drag), and then tries to wrap everything up with a downbeat ending that attempts (and fails) to add a poetic, meditative, reflective quality to the overall experience. But I guess there is one positive: unlike Cimino's other movie, the incredibly overrated The Deer Hunter, nobody in this movie dances at a wedding for three damn hours.

Unregistered User

Rosemary's Baby -

Much better after a rewatch. I still prefer Repulsion though.

Little Miss Sunshine - [rating]4[/rating

Total Recall (2012) -

Why oh why?

Shadow Dancer -

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I saw the remake of A Better Tomorrow. It was okay, did feel like it was padded out maybe too much but I did like the ending a bit more than the original.

Overall I'll give it

I saw the remake of A Better Tomorrow. It was okay, did feel like it was padded out maybe too much but I did like the ending a bit more than the original.

Overall I'll give it
Strange. It says 3 out of 5 in the quote, but the graphic says 0 out of 5.

Yoda said in the bug report thread that he was changing the way the popcorn boxes were displayed. He also said it should be fixed now, but that post is still showing 0 popcorns.

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Immigrant

A very solid effort from James Gray, and honestly quite an unexpected surprise. It's nothing "game-changing", but its a solid period-piece with quite alot to like.

Joaquin Phoenix is one of the best actors working today, and he is just incredible in this film. He's slimy,abominable yet at times highly sympathetic. He isn't a caricature, and at times you will feel strong empathy towards him. Marion Cotillard does a great job as the film's protagonist. I've liked her ever since seeing her in Midnight in Paris. Jeremy Renner is the weakest of the three main actors but he's pretty solid too. I used to think he was a bland actor, but recently with American Hustle and this I can see that maybe I wasn't giving him enough credit.

The movie looks nice, and is able to capture the atmosphere perfectly of 1920's New York. It is a melodramatic film, and you've seen most of it before but its worth checking out. It feels familiar, but a good type of familiar. I'd recommend everyone to give it a shot.

I have watched two films recently:

"The Godfather" - This is my first ever watching of the movie. I enjoyed it. I thought it was great. Very cleverly done and thought Brando and Pacino were faultless. I am aware that at the time the film was the first one to portray a mafia family from the inside rather than looking in. I do suspect this for any person would have been incredible, but from my own stand point having watched a lot of more recent mafia films, the effect was obviously not as great on me. This is frustrating for me but obviously I can understand and appreciate what it would have been like to see this first. I can also see in most other topic related films off-shoots of "The Godfather" which again show its effect. Cannot wait to watch the others.

9/10

"Last Vegas" - a random combination I know! However, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Surprised and pleased, easy to watch and glad I did. I had been putting it off. I thought it would be the same old and for some reason had an idea in my mind that it was just a Hangover movie with much older characters. However, it was not. Good to see a great cast of actors just having fun. It certainly is not the best movie you will ever see but is enjoyable and will make you laugh. The comedy is not forced and flows easily.

7/10

Not sure I will have time to watch a film tomorrow, but i am off to the London Premiere of Divergent on Sunday, so will rate that afterwards!!

Twitter: @MandFReviews

'' The Mummy by Stephen Sommers ''

One of my all time favorite . Brendan Fraser in this movie is f*cking awesome . An explosive action pack movie with an hero who could be funny and awesome mummy killer . If you never see it before I recommand it to everyone

10/10 one of the most underrated of all time

Let the night air cool you off
I watched Solaris and I had a bit of an odd experience with it. While I was watching I knew I was watching a good movie, but it never felt more than that. Then when it ended I still didn't feel like I witnessed a masterpiece. Then I start thinking about it. The more I thought about it, the more I thought I had actually seen a very good film. I prefer Stalker because I felt like it was a great movie the whole time and not just when it was over. I think I need to see Solaris again to really grasp it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
That says more about you than the movie, but you already knew that. It's healthy to be incredulous but open. Just try not to drink the Kool-Aid whatever your (or my) cult of choice is.

'' The Mummy by Stephen Sommers ''

One of my all time favorite . Brendan Fraser in this movie is f*cking awesome . An explosive action pack movie with an hero who could be funny and awesome mummy killer . If you never see it before I recommand it to everyone

10/10 one of the most underrated of all time
I love the first two flicks! The third one was CRAP!