2014 Mofo Film Awards - Winners

Tools    

Sorry for the extreme delay, recently moved and the chaos is finally over. So for those of you still interested.....*crickets* here is the list of the MOFO FILM AWARD WINNERS.

*Next year I'll photoshop something up, do stuff on time and make a bigger event out of it*

Best Film of the Year:

GRAVITY

Worst Film of the Year:

A Good Day To Die Hard

Best Screenplay of the Year:

Her

Best Animated Film of the Year:

Frozen

Biggest Surprise of the Year:

Spring Breakers

Biggest Disappointment of the Year:

Man of Steel

Most Overrated Film of the Year:

American Hustle

Best Trailer of the Year:

The Wolf of Wall Street

Best Poster of the Year:

Her

Worst Poster of the Year:

A Haunted House

Best Cast of the Year:

American Hustle

Best Score:

Gravity

Best VFX:

Gravity

Best Breakthrough Performance:

* Chiwetel Ejiofor – 12 Years A Slave

Best Supporting Actress:

Jennifer Lawrence - American Hustle

Best Supporting Actor:

Michael Fassbender & Jared Leto (tie)

Best Actress:

Cate Blanchett & Amy Adams (tie)

Best Actor:

Leonardo DiCaprio - The Wolf of Wall Street

Best Director:

Alfonso Cuaron - Gravity

Biggest surprise of the year : Spring breaker

the other are pretty good !

you guys voted for it. hahahaha

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Laaaaaame.

Spring Breakers sucked.

Glad to see Leo getting some love, but a lot of the other winners resemble what other award shows give out.

Let's make Mofo more unique eh?

Suspect's Reviews

A dozen or so people. I hope next year we get more people involved.

Keep hating on Hustle, Mofos. Keep hatin.
American Hustle is the most "nothing happens" movie I've seen get love in a long time.

I'd put The Great Beauty in for about 10 of those awards, but this ain't no one man show. In fact, I didn't even know this was going on.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
I keep hearing that criticism about Hustle from a community that seems to care less and less about narrative all the time. Hustle is about the characters and relationships, and in that way I think it is fantastic. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course it just seems in this case people are complaining about something that they normally want.

Gravity was my favorite last year so obviously I am glad to see it win.

Hopefully something like this can get a little more chatter next year and more will participate.

I keep hearing that criticism about Hustle from a community that seems to care less and less about narrative all the time. Hustle is about the characters and relationships, and in that way I think it is fantastic.
I value characters over narrative and I still don't like American Hustle - mainly because of the characters. Jennifer Lawrence was the only one I cared for at all.

Glad to see Springbreakers getting some much deserved love as well as the mustachioed Joaquin poster and Leo's performance. A bit annoyed at all the Gravity and Hustle love. I was underwhelmed by the former and flat out disliked the latter. Happy to see it won "most overrated" though.

I value characters over narrative and I still don't like American Hustle - mainly because of the characters. Jennifer Lawrence was the only one I cared for at all. Happy to see it won "most overrated" though.
Your in the minority I think. Most of the criticism I have heard revolve around the messy or non existent story. I think Lawrence is the character that most seem to hate on as well. Hustle had a good rotten score but besides that I dont see a lot of love. I have felt quite alone in loving it. Maybe Rauldc can chime in and say if he feels the same.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Hustle is a movie that is getting stronger for me, not weaker. Of course a lot of films that I love tons simply aren't fan favorites on these forums- The Descendants, Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone, Man on Fire, Million Dollar Baby and Hustle for starters.

Hustle is a movie that is getting stronger for me, not weaker. Of course a lot of films that I love tons simply aren't fan favorites on these forums- The Descendants, Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone, Man on Fire, Million Dollar Baby and Hustle for starters.
Yep, and I love all of those. 3 were in my 100 and two are bound to make it next time.

The Hustle love must be coming from big name critics I dont read. Around here, casts I listen to, and the people in my life I talk movies with are indifferent about it at best. I certainly wouldnt consider it over rated.

I'm willing to bet most of you who voted against Adele Exarchopoulos for Best Actress didn't even see her performance.