The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I've only seen two. Apparently I didn't go on a big enough 70s watching spree.
You watched American Hustle instead.

That's okay. So did I.

OK that's it, I'm putting on my pink bunny slippers and taking a ride to Walmart
Make sure that's all you wear. Only way you'll fit in there.

I really like Jeremiah Johnson. I'm glad it made the list. I don't think I've seen Sleuth, certainly no time recently. But I swear I ran across it recently, and I thought it was on Netflix streaming, but it's not available now, so unless it just got removed it wasn't there. So another film I need to catch.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Thumbs up to Jeremiah Johnson.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I've seen Jeremiah Johnson a bunch of times, including in a drive-in when it first came out, with my parents. When other kids were going to the cartoon Disney movies, my dad was taking our family to see the Disney nature movies -- following a bear family around, some cougar's life cycle, etc. Always gorgeous scenery. Always a pseudo-documentary. Always boring to a kid.

And we saw Jeremiah Johnson because it was another of those types of movies. I've seen it a bunch of times since then (AMC went through a period recently where they were playing it a few times a week). And yet every time I watch it, I think, "Why did I watch this again?" Oh sure, it's gorgeous. It's an interesting character study. But there's no central conflict, really. It's just Jeremiah Johnson going through a bunch of small conflicts, one after another... and then the movie is over.

At least, that's the way the movie always seems when I watch it.

Strange thing is, if I see it's on, I'm likely to turn it on and watch it again. It's compelling in its own strange way.

Yeah AMC always plays Jeremiah Johnson it seems so any of those who haven't seen it, I'd recommend looking there to record it if you're able. I always skipped over it and still haven't seen it, but maybe now is the time

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Strange thing is, if I see it's on, I'm likely to turn it on and watch it again. It's compelling in its own strange way.
Yeah, Jeremiah Johnson is compelling. What I remember most of the film is the scenes in the snow, the Indian attack, his surviving in nature. Redford is very compelling himself in that role.

My ratings for what I've seen of the first ten.

100.Logan's Run

99. The Omen
-
98. Being There

97. Fantastic Planet

96. All That Jazz
95. Breaking Away
94. Bring Me the Head of
Alfredo Garcia
93. The Holy Mountain

92. Jeremiah Johnson
91. Sleuth
-

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles is awesome. If its not a masterpiece its definitely in the vicinity of being one. If i had seen it in time it would have been way up high on my list! Im very glad someone else voted for it!

I've always liked The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, but it did not make my list.

I was hoping to have seen every movie that made this list, and I knew the other one had a chance, but at 200 minutes long, it's way too long for something I have zero interest in.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
I've seen Pelham and it's good, despite not getting on my list. Never seen or heard of the other bugger.

Reviews

Let the night air cool you off
I started Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning one time, I was too tired to finish it though. For some reason I never went back and finished it, I enjoyed what I saw. The same goes for Jeremiah Johnson too.

I really enjoyed The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, in fact it was one of the final cuts I made. It would probably be #28 for the decade for me.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm really surprised Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles made it. I had it at 10.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.