The MoFo Millenium Top 100

→ in
Tools    

Nice that you want to participate and I hate to break this to you, but you're too late. You should read the thread-starting post, everything is outlined there.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Wait, when is this list going up?
October 2014

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Finally watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" the other day.

Thought it was really good, predictable ending.

Don't quite understand why a lot of people have it so highly rated though.

I mean for me personally, for a film to be great it has to have rewatchability, and I really don't see myself wanting to watch this multiple times.

Chick flick I guess.

Because Eternal Sunshine has rewatchability for those who love it. A lot of it, actually. And it is most definitely NOT a "chick flick."

Plenty of people love the LOTR movies, but personally I'd rather gouge my eyes out than ever sit through one again.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Finally watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" the other day.

Thought it was really good, predictable ending.
The ending wasn't a "they get back together and everything is roses" ending. They agreed to give the relationship one last try. I don't see how it is "predictable". We leave them when they are lost, confused, and delirious. They are strangers with a history together. How will this play out in their relationship? We don't know, the film never tells us. All it tells us is that they will try at least one more time.

The last images are of them on a loop, what does this tell us? Maybe their relationship is full of break-ups and start-overs. This isn't a happy ending, or even a predictable one in my books.

Beautiful film.

The ending wasn't a "they get back together and everything is roses" ending. They agreed to give the relationship one last try. I don't see how it is "predictable". We leave them when they are lost, confused, and delirious. They are strangers with a history together. How will this play out in their relationship? We don't know, the film never tells us. All it tells us is that they will try at least one more time.

The last images are of them on a loop, what does this tell us? Maybe their relationship is full of break-ups and start-overs. This isn't a happy ending, or even a predictable one in my books.

Beautiful film.
What I meant was that we were going to loop back to the start of the film again and they would obviously get back together.

[x] Confimred Chick Flick

What I meant was that we were going to loop back to the start of the film again and they would obviously get back together.

[x] Confimred Chick Flick
Again, no. Eternal Sunshine bears pretty much no resemblance to your run-of-the-mill "chick flick" (which is a very problematic term anyway) - it's not aimed at a predominantly female audience; it doesn't have a female protagonist; it doesn't feature a cliched plotline or characters; it has an ambiguous ending rather than a clear-cut happy one, and leans heavily on elements of Sci-Fi, stereotypically a "male" genre.

How is Eternal Sunshine a chick flick? It's someone's right not to like a great movie. But give me a break. The ending is these two people decide to give their relationship one more shot, confused and we don't know if it is even going to work. I clearly love this movie (it's in my top 20). And I do think it is a brilliant film in every sense of the word. One of the finest to have come out in the last 10 years.

Jesus I'm just being a troll. I know it isn't a chick flick.

Sorry for the long wait, guys. I've been extremely busy at work lately, but now I've got 2 weeks of vacation. Tomorrow, my girlfriend and myself depart for a small roadtrip through Luxemburg, various cities in France and the Belgian seaside. As a result, I won't have access to internet during the coming week. Rephrase: In the coming week, I refuse to lon onto the internet, take any calls or check my mails. I basically don't want to hear from anyone except my girlfriend and will go on a hedonistic rampage in terms of food and drinks, and will (hopefully) catch up on films and books I've been meaning to watch / read. After that trip, I hope my batteries will be fully recharged.

Oh, and the countdown will commence on 9/11.

Sorry for the long wait, guys. I've been extremely busy at work lately, but now I've got 2 weeks of vacation. Tomorrow, my girlfriend and myself depart for a small roadtrip through Luxemburg, various cities in France and the Belgian seaside. As a result, I won't have access to internet during the coming week. Rephrase: In the coming week, I refuse to lon onto the internet, take any calls or check my mails. I basically don't want to hear from anyone except my girlfriend and will go on a hedonistic rampage in terms of food and drinks, and will (hopefully) catch up on films and books I've been meaning to watch / read. After that trip, I hope my batteries will be fully recharged.

Oh, and the countdown will commence on 9/11.
9th November or 11th September? I don't know where you're from, so I don't know which way 'round you put your dates.

Northern France, I assume? We road-tripped 'round there this summer, Calais then about halfway down the Eastern border, West just underneath Paris, around the Eastern/Northern coast, actual Paris for a day, then back up to Calais. 10 days altogether. Saw a sh't-ton of awesome places and had a blast. Have fun!

Looking forward to the list, too.