The MoFo Millenium Top 100 Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Still no films from my list, but I have no problems with the first ten. I think basically MoFos have good taste.
This!

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I cant find my list, its here somewhere, anyway Rise marks the 3rd flick thus far that was on mine. I think it was middle of the pack. I went back and forth between that and the Clooney flick if memory serves.

It will be interesting to see if the entire list leans toward having more films from the last few years as opposed to films from 2000-2004.

I'm going to predict that 60% of all the films will come from 2006-2011. Could be totally wrong though.
Don't quite understand your reasoning there. More than half of these films were released before 2006...

100. The Bourne Identity
99. Iron Man
98. Hedwig and the Angry Inch
97. Black Dynamite
96. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
95. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
94. Brotherhood of the Wolf
93. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
92. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
91. American Splendor

Ok, after 10 entries I'm having my two pence worth.

Good entries so far... I think there's only one or two I voted for... really can't remeber my list I gave to Brods.

Might have known Dragon Tattoo would be on the list... not a bad movie but it seems to get more praise than it's worth. Personally I can't see the bigh deal but that's just me. Still though, it's in the 90s so I'm glad it's not any higher tbh.

I'm surprised Bourne Identity isn't higher than 100th place, I was expecting to see it maybe in the 70s or 60s somewhere.

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes should have definitely been higher though... mid 50s maybe.

Worst movie so far for me... Master and Commander. Really didn't like the film... took me three attempts to watch it, I kept turning it off after 30 minutes or so. Long tedious and, tbh, boring.
Eventually got round to seeing the whole thing and was left feeling drained and rather empty when the credits eventually rolled.

So there we go... looking forward to the next ten!

96. O Brother, Where Art Thou?- 3.5 stars
93. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo- 4.5 stars
92. Rise of the Planet of the Apes- 3.5 stars

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Along with including a paragraph or two for each film from someone got another idea we could have done but too late - a prediction competition. We could have predicated the first superhero film to appear, first animated film, first foreign film, first Oscar winner etc.

Actually just mentioning that, how many of the Best Picture winners do we think will make it? Assuming I've worked this out right there are 12 that were available to list.

Gladiator
A Beautiful Mind
Chicago
Lord of the Rings - Return of the King
Million Dollar Baby
Crash
The Departed
No Country for Old Men
Slumdog Millionaire
The Hurt Locker
The King's Speech
The Artist

I think Gladiator, Return of the King, Departed and No Country for Old Men will definitely make it. I think Beautiful Mind, Chicago, Million Dollar Baby, Crash and The King's Speech will miss out. Not sure about Slumdog, I know a lot of people dislike/hate it but it only needs a few people to love it. No clue about Hurt Locker, not sure of the general opinion for that round here. And not sure about The Artist.

Gladiator
A Beautiful Mind
Chicago
Lord of the Rings - Return of the King
Million Dollar Baby
Crash
The Departed
No Country for Old Men
Slumdog Millionaire
The Hurt Locker
The King's Speech
The Artist
The ones I bolde are the ones I think will make it. Not that I really want some of them to.
Highest one up of those will most likely be Lord of the Rings.

Still no films from my list, but I have no problems with the first ten. I think basically MoFos have good taste.
I'd go along with this. And I think the following stats prove that out; the general consensus is they're all pretty well-thought of, quality films.

imdb rating / rottentomatoes average / rottentomatoes score / metacritic score

100. The Bourne Identity - 7.9 / 83% / 7 out of 10 / 68 out of 100
99. Iron Man - 7.9 / 94% / 7.6 out of 10 / 79 out of 100
98. Hedwig and the Angry Inch - 7.6 / 92% / 7.8 out of 10 / 85 out of 100
97. Black Dynamite - 7.3 / 85% / 7.2 out of 10 / 65 out of 100
96. O Brother, Where Art Thou? - 7.8 / 77% / 7.1 out of 10 / 69 out of 100
95. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World - 7.4 / 85% / 7.6 out of 10 / 81 out of 100
94. Brotherhood of the Wolf - 7.0 / 72% / 6.3 out of 10 / 57 out of 100
93. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - 8.0 / 86% / 7.6 out of 10 / 71 out of 100
92. Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 7.6 / 83% / 7.1 out of 10 / 68 out of 100
91. American Splendor - 7.6 / 94% / 8.3 out of 10 / 90 out of 100

Would have been nice (though probably a lot of work) if for each entry, the member that ranked the film the highest did a write up of it. Just to emphasise the community element of the thread and make it a bit more interesting for each film.

First of those categories seems hard, highest though might be bit easier, not too late for that

Would have been nice (though probably a lot of work) if for each entry, the member that ranked the film the highest did a write up of it. Just to emphasise the community element of the thread and make it a bit more interesting for each film.

First of those categories seems hard, highest though might be bit easier, not too late for that
I think someone else mentioned a similar idea and I totally agree with both of you

I think someone else mentioned a similar idea and I totally agree with both of you
Yeah that would be! I want my credit!!! Damn Tramp trying to steal my thunder!

Sure, you guys can do that if you want. Though I'm kinda puzzled how that would work out without people actually knowing that particular film is coming up next.

Basically, I'd have to ask everyone to do a short write-up of their top 5. Or do I ask you guys right after I've posted the new entries? There'd be a day in between probably. Would also kinda ruin the effect, given that the entries will probably be bypassed by many replies...

If anyone has suggestions, I'd be open to them...

I got it Brods... whenever somebody's #1 film comes up in this thread... they could send you a quick write up on that film in a PM... you could copy and paste their write up to the post which contains their #1 film.

How many people have the same #1? It would simply be 2 or 3 additions to each post you make in here that shows who had it as their #1 and what they think of it...

... say, no more than x amount of words in the write up.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm open to writing something for my choices.

Suspect's Reviews

As for having people write about films that's why I felt the idea was too late. When Brodinski had worked the order out he could have contacted people before starting the list, asking them if they'd be interested in providing thoughts for say 5 films that were going to appear. Obviously it would spoil some of the surprises for each individual but not too much

I think I said it the original thread.

Let's fight it out.
I'd like some proof of that!

But fine. We shall settle it in the MoFo Arena. You may choose the weapon - "Rocks, belts, pipes, cans, bricks, bats, clubs, chains..." (Just recently watched West Side Story! )

As for having people write about films that's why I felt the idea was too late. When Brodinski had worked the order out he could have contacted people before starting the list, asking them if they'd be interested in providing thoughts for say 5 films that were going to appear. Obviously it would spoil some of the surprises for each individual but not too much
I'm not really up for telling people up front which films made the cut.

Proposition (Joe style, get it?):

I've looked over the lists and really, I think at least 95 % of all films that made the cut appear on someone's top 5. So whoever is up for it, can do write-ups of their top 5. Naturally, as we progress towards the top 20 and especially top 10, there are going to be more people who had those particular films in their top 5. In that case, several write-ups will be provided, which'd be great, because we're in the top 20 and it'll give everyone a chance to say just why they put the film up so high.

How does that sound?

You basically told everyone that their top5s have made the cut and imagine the other 5% wouldn't be surprised. Giving posters/votee a heads up a couple of days before the post is posted with their films in i.e. when you post the latest- not a huge spoiler for them and think it would make the thread as a whole a lot more entertaining. A blow by blow list is interesting and all but reading about them from those who love them, well, i'd sacrifice a small surprise for that.