The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

The only one from my list so far is on the One Point list.
Not got any either so far. Was yours the Likely Lads I'm guessing?
I think def some of the US shows I've got on my list will show up, but unless me, you, Tatty and some of the other Brits have the same programmes high on our lists we're struggling!

No, it was Room 101. It's one of those programmes that I can watch almost anyone (as a guest) on and I still usually enjoy it. I think it was the first time I saw that Ricky Gervais was funny. Not when he was doing one of his characters, who I don't like, but just the man himself. I think the Nick Hancock incarnation is, possibly, the best. Though early Merton is there too, before he started to just put in the things from people he really liked and wouldn't put in anything of someone he didn't care for. I like the current one, too, partly because I really like Frank Skinner.

Both Archer and Prison Break are series I have yet to watch but really want to.

Have to many going on right now (like 5-6 shows), so I guess it has to wait a little haha.

I prefer Frank Skinner as the host tbh. Even though i find Merton alot funnier, i think that Skinner engages with his guests better; and the three guest system is alot better than the one on one so the other guests can either criticize their choice or throw out their own anecdote regarding the subject. With the one on one system, too often Merton was paired with a dull guest and had to work the full part himself.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
76. The Andy Griffith Show (1960 - 1968)

Theme Song

Quote: You date one woman all the time and pretty soon people start taking you for granted. They don't say, "Let's invite Andy," or "Let's invite Elly." No, they say. "Let's invite Andy and Elly!" See, then it's "Andy and Elly"; "Elly and Andy". A then, that's when that woman gets her claws into you! ~ Andy Taylor

A wholesome homespun series about a widowed sheriff and his son.

Spinoffs: Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. (1964), a sequel series, Mayberry R.F.D. (1968) and a TV movie Return to Mayberry

Origin: After an episode of The Danny Thomas show where Andy Griffith was featured as a character, a series was created centered around him.

Bad casting moment: Don Knotts left the series to pursue movies and was replaced by Jack Burns as Andy's deputy. He wasn't received well and left mid-season.

Famous catch-phrase: Most everyone knows that Shazam! came from the show's Gomer character.

Placements: 1 19th, 1 22nd, 1 5th, 1 12th, 1 15th

75. Boy Meets World (1993- 2000)

Theme Song

Quote: “I believe in love like I believe in God: you can’t touch it, you can’t see it, but you can feel its wrath.” ~ Cory Matthews
Coming of age sitcom centering around Cory Mathews.

Spinoff: Girl Meets World

Disappearing characters: Many characters were mentioned once and never heard from again while others disappeared suddenly with no explanation.

Future famous guest characters: Jennifer Love Hewitt appeared on the show for a couple of episodes as did Linda Cardellini, Brittany Murphy and future Buffy stars Charisma Carpenter and Julie Benz.

Placements: 1 5th, 1 12th, 1 2nd

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Boy Meets World should certainly be in the top 50...of a kid's live action comedy list.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
76. The Andy Griffith Show (1960 - 1968)
75. Boy Meets World (1993- 2000)

I've seen both shows, but I didn't consider either for my list. They're both basically just filler shows when there's nothing better on TV at the moment.

Swan, did you vote for it?
Yes, it was #12 on my list, but if I was voting now I would have put it at 8 or 9, maybe higher. Definitely one of my faves.

I don't think I've ever seen The Andy Griffiths Show. I sure it was shown over here, but I don't know if it has been in the last 30+ years. Well, maybe a one off when he died?

I used to really like Boy Meets World. Didn't vote for it, but liked it. There's Girl Meets World now, which is the daughter of Cory and Topanga.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I've never watched one minute of Boy Meets World.

I've seen some of The Andy Griffith Show on Nick at Night. It's a sweet funny show and I liked it. I wish kids still called their dad Pa.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I loved Boy Meets World and am glad it made the list, despite me not voting for it.

Out of all the shows I voted for I suspect one or two not to make it.

Suspect's Reviews

I loved Boy Meets World and am glad it made the list, despite me not voting for it.

Out of all the shows I voted for I suspect one or two not to make it.
You usually suspect things, don't you?