Movie Battle Thread

Tools    

District B13
This is a question/persuasion post by me to get you to do something I recently experienced.

It is called, in my warped view of the world, the Movie Battle.

It's where two movies similar in style, genre, or context are watched by two people with an audience, and debated.

It was me vs. my best friend, we were celebrating anthology/begins dvd release which we both had a combined purchase of (I got anthology, he got begins).

He was going to argue with me that begins was better than original, and I the oppossite.

Our audience, so to speak, was my gf and his younger brother. Both had seen Begins and thought it was legendary.

For fear of starting an intense debate I will just say that I won, according to my gf and his little brother, but that is not important.

What is important is this fanboyish movie battle that was conducted. There was much yelling and near tear moments while watching both movies, and, to much chagrin of our audience, much chapter skipping throughout.

All in all a good day was wasted on the whole thing, I'm still not closer to finishing my mid term which is now due in less than 24 hours, but it was worth it.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? If not, do it. If so, please post the funniest thing that happened while doing it.

And please, for the sake of not starting a debate, do NOT post why you feel a movie is better than another.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hmmm, this thread would be more interesting if it WAS a debate for Begins against Batman, to see where the members reside.

Suspect's Reviews

District B13
Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Hmmm, this thread would be more interesting if it WAS a debate for Begins against Batman, to see where the members reside.
Sorry you found it uninteresting, I was trying to get people to concoct stories of their own about stuff like this.

Or at least get them to do it.

Now, if you want to duel Batman Begins vs. Batman (better), I would be happy to do so on another thread.

However, I'm already educating on another thread about Batman Begins, so it would be double work.

But hey, it's batman, and my deadline is coming up faster than you scream cash cow, or batman begins, depending on your dictionary. So it's worth it.

Any mod suggest where I should I put the debate?

A system of cells interlinked
Why do you call Burton's Batman the "original" Batman. It isn't. There were other Batman films before Burton's telling. I mean, Burton clearly forgot to include the magnificent Bat shark repellent scene!

In my research, I couldnt find an image from the film I speak of, but it seem they made an actual statue of the scene in question...

Meanwhile, why start a debate over completely subjective material? You like Burton's telling, and clearly aren't going to move on the issue, from what I gathered in the already massive Batman debate going on in the other section, and us folks who like Begins don't seem to want to move either. Let's all just agree that The Bat Shark Repellent is the king of the hill, and move on to preparing our big guns for the upcoming Superman flick. I am sure that film will spark some ridiculously (<----just for you, frog) long and tiring debates as we have not only a new film and a previous four-film franchise, but a Superman television show that is currently running....

Go Zod.

District B13
I love that movie from the 60s, Adam West is hot in tights.

You are right about debating, ultimately, it's worthless. Their will be those who like movies that revel in darkness throughout the entire movie (begins) whilst others will like movies that don't take 2 hours of explanation to be dark (original).

Yes I am aware Burton's is not original, but to be truly fair and honest. The movies were spin off the TV show, not the comic books. The TV show was spun off the comics, but it's a middleman.

Burton, however perverted you may call it, is not spun off a tv show spun off something else.

Ok, whatever, you win, Burton's isn't the original movie. But it's my favorite.

Begins narrowly defeats batman and robin.

*awaits attack of the scourge*

Anyways, I always liked batman more than superman. Superman was too easy for me, I didn't like the movies, the comics, or the symbol as much as I did with batman.

Plus, when Forever came out and all my friends and I thought we were cool, we made fun of superman for being super. We also watched both TAS and we noticed how superior batman was to superman.

Keep in mind that was a LONG time ago for me, in my formitive years.

In conclusion, I will see Superman, but likely, not care about it as I do care about Batman.