Vampires, Assassins, and Romantic Angst by the Seaside: Takoma Reviews

→ in
Tools    

The trick is not minding
For someone who recently accused me of being rude and presumptuous, you’re sure doing a good job of projecting those same qualities.

In before he plays the victim card he so often does.

I asked for your reasons, none of which transcend the realm of subjectivity.
Nothing in this thread transcends the realm of subjectivity.

You literally listed it as one of two reasons why nude bodies in this film don't work for you.
Yes, I literally did. But I did not literally say that things have to add to the plot to be included.

So your position is that the human body cannot be a work of art itself?
Incorrect.

so your position is you hate it but directors should be able to portray whatever they want.
Correct.

But you seem to be coming from a social perspective.
All responses to art are from a social perspective.

your review doesn't need the feminist edge for you to voice your highly subjective dismissal of B-movie nudity.
I love how my critique is suddenly "highly subjective" when it comes to nudity. As opposed to the rest of my opinions about the film which are merely mid-level subjective.

Sounds like plenty of interesting action to me.
To you? Really? Sounds like a highly subjective acceptance of B-movie nudity!

I believe that a director has the right to use the runtime of their film in any way they want to, including just showing a blank screen for 2 hours.
Never said otherwise.

It's up to the viewer to respond to it and love or like or dislike or hate it, but gluing some wobbly social theories to a piece of cookie-cutter cash-grab entertainment is never a good idea.
Me finding random naked women uninteresting isn't a wobbly social theory.

I was trying to navigate the landscape to try and pinpoint your approach to this thing, only to find out it was exactly the way I expected.
I think you made assumptions and you're spending more time trying to "prove" them correct than actually listening to anything I'm saying. It's turning out how you expected because you keep flattening everything I say into something I'm not actually saying. MY feelings about The Sword and the Sorcerer don't magically generalize to every movie ever. If that were the case, I'd be arguing that Darth Vader should have been dressed like someone's abuela on the way to the hair salon.

Women directors are just inferior to men directors.
Aw, it's another highly subjective opinion. Adorable!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Nothing in this thread transcends the realm of subjectivity.
Alas, your taste cannot expand onto the objective. Unlike mine, which is equivalent to the objective status quo of art. Ergo, whatever my opinion is, it is right both subjectively and objectively.

All responses to art are from a social perspective.
Wrong. Mine are from the Absolute perspective. They are from an unshakable and irrefutable position that you must accept unquestionably.

I love how my critique is suddenly "highly subjective" when it comes to nudity. As opposed to the rest of my opinions about the film which are merely mid-level subjective.
As a simple creature of earthly persuasion, your opinion is highly subjective and has no bearing on the mortal, let alone immortal, world. You're welcome to profess it but you have no right to question my superiority.

To you? Really? Sounds like a highly subjective acceptance of B-movie nudity!
Nudity is. Not accepting it is denying being. I accept all things, right and wrong, to connect to the auras of the universe vast enough for the human brain to fart due to being unable to comprehend their brilliance.

Me finding random naked women uninteresting isn't a wobbly social theory.
Hiding behind subjectivity will never change the fact your objectiveless instincts crave the true meaning of the world. Open up to the seas of knowledge, sister.

I think you made assumptions and you're spending more time trying to "prove" them correct than actually listening to anything I'm saying.
In the grand theater of this cosmos, I, the embodiment of divine intellect, find it necessary to extend my celestial apologies for the oversight of your quaintly subjective viewpoint. As I traverse the infinite expanse of knowledge, I shall endeavor to articulate my inquiries with less ambiguity when I deign to engage my divine cognition in discourse with a mortal of your stature. Rest assured, this celestial interaction shall serve as a reminder of the vast chasm that separates our realms.

Sorry, I can't make it any more obvious. Oh wait...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

If that were the case, I'd be arguing that Darth Vader should have been dressed like someone's abuela on the way to the hair salon.
Thank God for AI.

A system of cells interlinked
This is someone's review thread, one into which they have put a lot of time and effort.

In so many words: Time to knock off the bullshit.

I am reviewing the thread for the last few pages (a joy, believe me), and some of the nastier posts may vanish, but I will try to keep whatever pertinent conversation related to the films intact if possible. Please continue to discuss the reviewed films, but let's try to keep the conversation from being dragged into the abyss of silly hyperbole and faux narcissism.

Thank you!

Just waitin' for some vampires and angst.
Same here, although if I were involved in an argument like the one above, I'd probably want to step away from here for a long time as well.

The trick is not minding
Same here, although if I were involved in an argument like the one above, I'd probably want to step away from here for a long time as well.
More than likely, I think you’re correct in that’s what has happened.

Victim of The Night
Yes, I know, I left for like 8 months myself and still will only come to certain threads. But I thought I'd try to goad her into returning. Always worth a shot.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Are we allowed to call anyone a do@che?
Asking for a friend.
You're free to call me whatever you want. It's not like I'm going to get mad over something that happened on the internet.