I can't take it anymore: A Rant

Tools    

I find myself saying "shite" and "puta" lately. Trying to swear less and figure if I use alternate versions it's not so bad.
"shite" is see is a way of saying sh*t, but isn't "puta" short for saying computer? haha

I totally agree with the original rant. Poor grammar and spelling annoy me, too. That's not to say that I'm never guilty of it, but when I recognize it, it bugs me.

It's not just on these boards that I see these kinds of mistakes, either. I see them constantly on other message boards and, most irritatingly, at work. I mean, I work at a veterinary office and I'm constantly having to correct the other employees (and the doctor, but I'll forgive his mistakes because English is not his first language). I've even posted spelling and grammar lessons on our staff bulletin board. It's really sad when a bunch of veterinary technicians have to be taught how to spell "neuter" and "diarrhea." A lesson on how to properly pluralize words has also been posted on the board.

The misuse of "your" in place of "you're" annoys me, too, as well as the misuse of "there," "their" and "they're."

Another mistake that I've seen (not here, but in many other places) is misuse of the word "seen." It drives me crazy when I hear someone say "I seen him the other day." No, you didn't seen him. Either you saw him the other day or you have seen him. Get it straight!

Some guy in the Untitled Dark Knight Sequel thread posted this

ridler..... 2 werdsz...... dane cook.... aka the new jim carey. he kan play the demented funnyness needed 2 b the ridler
I replied

Originally Posted by Jrs
Learn grammer please. Thank you.
I misspelled grammar and Pyro Tramp and Chris (a.k.a. Yoda) both told me that if I pick on someone for their spelling I'm fair game. lol I didn't even pick on the person for pete's sake... just told him to spell correctly.

Now come on...look at HeathsZjoKer's writing and I just mistype one stinkin word. Why would I be fair game for anything. Everyone mistypes once in a while.

Oh boo ****ing hoo. If you're gonna take the higher ground and **** up, you ARE fair game. Look at that, i'm off my **** and still manage grammar and spelling.

That's right, and you should be shot for it.

Whilst I agree with much of what's been said, the irony of a bunch of Yanks complaining about other peoples use of the English language is highly amusing.

Besides, you don't speak English in America, you speak MS English. I know this because Mr. Gates lets us all know.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I can't take, people who laugh at the end of every post. Whether it be a simple "lol" or "lmao" or even a "." The Shoutbox is one thing, but in a post, not necessary.

As for grammer and speling, I use Firefox. It hellps me spel gud.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I can't take, people who laugh at the end of every post. Whether it be a simple "lol" or "lmao" or even a "." The Shoutbox is one thing, but in a post, not necessary.

As for grammer and speling, I use Firefox. It hellps me spel gud.

I never thought poor punctuation and grammar to evoke such a strong sentiment. Oh, and yes Firefox helps

...uh the post is up there...

but isn't "puta" short for saying computer? haha
You better brush up on your espanol!

If you walked into a hispanic owned computer shop looking for puta you might get shot

Chappie doesn't like the real world
You better brush up on your espanol!

If you walked into a hispanic owned computer shop looking for puta you might get shot
Or in a very awkward situation.

I misspelled grammar and Pyro Tramp and Chris (a.k.a. Yoda) both told me that if I pick on someone for their spelling I'm fair game. lol I didn't even pick on the person for pete's sake... just told him to spell correctly.
Do you really not see how that could be read as condescending first and then hypocritical second?

Imagine someone typed that towards you... you wouldn't maybe feel someone was taking a shot at you?

If you only post one word, it won't keep the caps. I'm not sure why, but I know it's true. I've typed OK before, and it changed to Ok.
Oh OK

That's right, and you should be shot for it.

Whilst I agree with much of what's been said, the irony of a bunch of Yanks complaining about other peoples use of the English language is highly amusing.

Besides, you don't speak English in America, you speak MS English. I know this because Mr. Gates lets us all know.
Yanks? Excuuse me

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The misplaced apostrophe is my personal nemesis. I see them everywhere, menus, signs, internet posts and they never fail to annoy me. I'm glad I am not alone.

Misused homophones drive me mad as well. You're for your is bad enough. And just think how the atmosphere of a romantic scene can be ruined by confusing 'bare' and 'bear' or 'waist' and 'waste'...

Oh and 'should of' for 'should have'. There's at least one thread on mofo with 'of' where it doesn't belong.

Be careful about what you ask for.
You're not worried about my virgin mind, are you!?!

I **** this up all the time. You all are just going to have to deal. I try but I'm not real language arts smart.
No worries here. I'm not a big fan of those who complain about it. Again, in one way or another, everyone messes up.

And Des I think it depends which browser you're using. I use Firefox and it has a built in spell checker. I think you said before you use IE right? I don't think it does.
Thanks! I'll check that out.

Besides, you're probably one of the nicest people here.
Mr. Nator's a doll!

Yes, but calling someone an ******* is pretty much just as bad as calling them a *******, so I'd think it should be blocked.
As bad as calling them a what? You can PM what that is to me. Just don't string me along like Harry is.

I seem them constantly on other message boards and, most irritatingly, at work.
I seem them a lot, too.

Again, the only things that bug me are when people make their posts look bad on purpose, refuse to ever hit the shift key, or watch movies like NH, L, NotC, etc . . .

p.s. If anyone can tell me what those three movies are, you'll get a cookie!

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Gimme a beat!
I hope I'm never allowed near a computer again when I'm drunk. This is the second stupid drunk post in a thread I've found. I never meant to let the spirit of Janet Jackson take over my mind.