Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I give the Brando documentary the same Camo, pretty good documentary. Would give it higher but I didn't find it completely fascinating because a lot of the stuff I knew about through other things anyway.

Welcome to the human race...
The Human Condition II: Road to Eternity -

I don't think this Kobayashi guy likes war.

Anaconda

I don't care what anybody say's, this is a good Friday night popcorn film, I've seen it a few times now and always enjoy it, it moves quickly and has a good mix of characters and good death kills by a cool ass anaconda (which doesn't hide in the shadows for the majority of the film and appear in the final 5 minutes), I like it better than Jaws.. although I don't care for the sequels 4/5 because what it does it does well

Anaconda

I don't care what anybody say's, this is a good Friday night popcorn film,
agreed

Thor (2011)

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground

Mississippi Grind
(2015)

"A Great American Movie", with an Aussie and a Canuck at the helm. It really wasn't bad. Mendelsohn was the main reason I decided to watch it. I've really enjoyed his work, from the moment I first saw him 5 years ago in Animal Kingdom (2010).

Pride and Prejudice (2005).....10/10 this movie melted my heart people!!!! The film location is beautiful, there is something light and soft about almost every scene, the directing is wonderful and the acting my god THE ACTING. Kiera Knightley+period movies? Atonement!!? just amazing. After seeing Matthew Macfayden basically embody Mr. Darcy, and make me cry from happiness in the end, I am searching out more of his movies.
P&P may be the epitome of romance.

The Producers -
+

Loved this. It was really over the top and silly at times but i laughed a lot and most of all it was just a bunch of fun. I actually liked this more than Young Frankenstein and quite a bit more than Blazing Saddles. Did not expect that at all because this looked very showbiz-y. Something i'm not usually that into. I liked the idea of them setting out to make a play that will flop, great premise for hilarious situations and of course their play was an inspired choice . I expected the play to end up a success from the moment i heard the scheme i liked the way they made this happen though. The play was so bad that it came off like a comedy mocking the nazi's, their plan worked too well haha. Gene Wilder is always great even in bad movies so he was no suprise here. I wasn't familiar with Zero Mostel though, i thought he was excellent. Loved most of the other characters they met during it as well. The guy they got to play Hitler was just the best, his audition was so hilarious. Springtime For Hitler (the song) and the crowds reaction to it was brilliant. The ending was a bit wtf? I loved the old ladies crying in the court and the lawyers "We find the defendants incredibly guilty"

Great film that was a big surprise for me.

I love The Producers. Can't stand the 2005 version though. I've caught myself (on multiple occasions) humming "Springtime for Hitler" in public and was terrified that someone would ask me what tune it was haha.

Star Wars (1977)

This was one of my biggest childhood favorites. I saw it several times at the movies, a few times after that, but then not at all since around the mid-80's when I stopped liking fantasy movies. I didn't know what to expect going into this viewing, and I was surprised at how much I had forgotten.

The beginning of the movie gave me chills, but in a good way. A lot of nice memories came back to me. The middle third, after the excitement of seeing it again had worn off, was my least favorite part. I started to realize that this wasn't to my taste anymore, but then I got back into it. A lot of the effects were dated, but some of them weren't, and I do remember a time when this was the coolest thing I ever saw. The set designs, art direction, and spaceships are still awesome, and that last fight sequence is thrilling. Beyond that, it's the story and characters that sets this movie apart from others that have copied it. Darth Vader still looks and sounds menacing as all hell too. I don't love it anymore, but it's the best of it's kind and it was fun to see it again.

Mellow Mud (2016)

If you enjoyed Lilja 4-ever, you should watch this... Only problem is that there is no way to see it right now.

Black Mountain Side

Archaeologists find a strange structure in northern Canada that appears to be thousands of years old. The team members become isolated when their communications fail, and their sanity begins to unravel

Wow, I really loved this, unbelievably someone on IMDb called it a ripoff of "The Thing" which leads me to believe they didn't watch the whole film or are mentally deficient since apart from the setting there is almost no similarity.. it's rather like saying "The Witch" is a ripoff of "Alien" ... there is no music but the way it is edited there is no need for build up or tension since the wtf moments happen suddenly and increasingly and the viewer is forced to confront what's happening, which is never really clear, want to say more but spoilers, went places I did not expect

4/5