Favourite alcoholic beverages

Tools    

Here's a short list of my favourite booze:

Gin Gimlet
Tequila shots
Dry White Wine
Apfelwein (a Hessian drink, very much like scrumpy cider)
Gin and Tonics
Mezcal (I have be careful with that stuff, though, as it makes me slightly loco)
Cuba Libre
Caipirinha
Long Island Iced Tea
Zombie
Planter's Punch

I never aquired a taste for beer, which is why it's not on my list.

So, what's your preferred poison?

(BTW, do I need to warn minors that alcohol is dangerous?)
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

Personally I normally stick to beer or wine, but if I'm out I'll drink nips of some stuff. I also like Absinthe (more the percentage of alcohol than the taste).

A system of cells interlinked
Dark and Stormy

Jack and Ginger

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
I like to mix whisky and Diet 7-up, but only if I mix it myself. Everytime I order it at a restaurant or bar, it tastes like whisky and water.

Midori Margaritas (real slushy).

Beer

Grey Goose Vodka mixed with cranberry juice or red punch.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Gin's my juice of choice. Tonics and martinis.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I like the sweet wussy drinks that taste like candy where you don't know your half kicked in the ass until you try standing up and fall over

I learned from experience with Tequila rose I drank a bottle and 4 glasses of wine before I relized anything. I went through a loaf of bread that night just to keep me from puking

Anyhoo my drink of choice now would have to be whiskey sours, Ameretto sours, or shots of blackberry black haus. Of course theres always Mikes hard drinks in general or Smirnoff Ice to fall back on.

Pirates of The Carribean

Bourbon & Ginger Ale
Stella Artois
Cabernet Sauvignon
Sprite with blueberry vodka
Long Island Iced Tea
Margaritas
White Russians
Martinis, Cosmopolitans

I haven't been to a club since I was 21 to 22. I liked many drinks, but my favorite drink was a Hurricane.

1 oz Vodka
1/4 oz Grenadine syrup
1 oz Gin
1 oz Light rum
1/2 oz Bacardi® 151 rum
1 oz Amaretto almond liqueur
1 oz Triple sec
Grapefruit juice
Pineapple juice

Oddly enough, I hate those two fruits.

JAGERBOMBS!

and beer,
SOHO
carbombs
rum + coke

o and barcardi 151
even though I haven't had it yet, but 75% proof is pretty awesome :P

The People's Republic of Clogher
Guinness, white wine, Martini (the Vermouth kind, not the cocktail - I used to drink it by the half pint but I don't have as much money these days), vodka. That's what's in the house anyway.

I used to drink whisky but, to be honest, it turned me into even more of an arsehole than I already am so knocked it on the head a few years back. Of course, a few years back I was drinking enough of everything to comfortable admit to having 'a bit of a problem' so maybe it wasn't just the Scotch (much nicer than Irish whisky, though I'll probably have to get out of the country for saying that) that was to blame.

It's not big or clever kids.

But it's fun, admittedly...

Lost in never never land
I drink basically any beer. I try and avoid Grain Belt (native to my home state) since it is really, really bad.

I also like Jag a lot. Just pour myself a glass and work on it for a couple of hours, don't need it mixed with anything.

But I'll drink almost anything. Gin and Tonic is good, Vodka and Cranberry juice (tastes just like chokecherries), Rum/Whiskey and coke.

I'm not a huge fan of shots, but that is about it.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Virgin appletinis

But seriously I'll be using this thread to decide what alcomohols I'll try when I start "gettin shtunned"

Southern Comfort and Lemonade = only thing that doesnt make me puke.

Vodka & Red bull cause it gets me wasted!

White/Rose wine = CHEAPNESS!

Apple Sourz is lush as is mickey finns!

Colour out of Time
I'm rather partial to Jagermeister BUT it must be straight out of the freezer ... even talked my local pub to getting it ... It has become very popular ... actually too popular as there are occassions that it is out of stock ... We held the record for most Jager sold in the region before it became popular in bombs with the kiddies. I'd usually have about 4-6 (depending how many people in the shout) shots on a Friday.
ASIDE ... I have recently developed a new ritual, my keys go behind the bar until I am ready to leave and then I have to ask for them ... this because of that damned Jager

Also like the Tequilla with the worm ... nice and peppery.

Lately I've been the person in charge of the blender at parties and bbq's and get everyone to bring a bottle of vodka and a kilo of fruit ... bend a mixture of fruits + vodka + ice = Vitamin Pill ... NO HANGOVER and you also get your fruit fix for the month LOL

Beer = 2 Tassie brews ... Cascade and Boags ... which are the oldest and second oldest breweries in Australia. If you ever have the opportunity, try them

Oh and I really like Absinthe the real stuff from Czech Republic ... man that stuff gets me howlin at the moon, hearing Hawkwindesque soundscapes and seeing ultraviolet pyro sky shows.