Explain Yourself...

Tools    

I'm waiting for honeykid, ..
Please don't do honeykid, I beg of you.....please Sir, No! lol!

I am 31 years old and work at a vet clinic (mostly front office stuff, not much hands-on work).

I was born, raised and have always lived in Northern California. I'm an atheist and a former vegetarian.

I work full time and what little spare time I have gets devoted to taking care of my pets (a cat, 4 rats, 2 frogs, and I'm just starting to get back into aquarium keeping) and catching up on various chores that don't get done when I'm working, so my hobbies are limited.

Like many others who have posted, I am a writer. I have written (but not published) a short novel. Virtually all of its content is inappropriate for this kind of forum, but I'll see if I can find a "PG" excerpt to post. Anybody interested in reading the entire thing can PM me.

I also go bowling every Sunday (typically I play ten games each trip), though I'm not good at it. I average ony about 120 per game, but I have fun.

^WTF is that supposed to mean?

Here are a few paragraphs from the novel:

Sunlight glistened on the drops of rain as they fell and struck the earth, splashing and dancing in a ballet of motion. Against an old weathered fence, a cluster of larger droplets seemed to bounce and swirl erratically in circles, then return to rest on the surface of the wood and on the soil below it. Some of them performed these acrobatics repeatedly and, through the muddled haze of his thoughts, Jordan came to the vague realization that they were not drops of rain at all. Squinting his eyes a little, he could make out pairs of iridescent wings attached to tiny black bodies that were adorned with metallic red eyes. Flies. A group of them had gathered on the wood, jostling for the best position and periodically taking flight, buzzing about in wild circles before returning to the fence. Jordan restrained his mind from wandering into musings about what sort of putrid, festering thing had attracted the insects. Nothing but bare ground and aged wood was visible from the bench where he sat, so whatever the thing was, it must have been on the other side of the fence.
Water trickled over his skin, soaking his hair and clothing, drenching his trembling body in its icy embrace. How long had he been sitting there? He glanced at the watch on his slender wrist, but the hands had stopped moving. The rain had drowned out the gears that had kept it ticking and now they were silent and motionless. With unsteady fingers he unfastened the band and dropped the dead timepiece into the mud at his feet.
He was numb. Numb from the chill of the cold moist air and from the emotions that had left him drained and unable to feel anymore. Somehow his legs began to move, first taking small tentative steps then progressing into an all out run. Droplets of rain streaked his face and the street around him blurred into nothing.

I am 23 born and bred in Northern Ireland. I am a Senior Geo Lab Technician. Basically testing rock and soil samples for various things.

I love movies (obviously) and also music aswell. Love going to pub quizzes too.

I am massively into sports, my teams are -
EPL - Manchester United
NFL - New England Patriots
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
MLB - Boston Red Sox
RL - Leeds Rhinos
F1- Jenson Button
English Cricket (all forms)

Sporting Heroes - Muhammad Ali, Roger Federer, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer & Stephen Hendry.

Love a Pint of Guinness and a bit of craic.

@Miss Vicky I like it!

You should see about putting it up for digital readers on Amazon or some place like that. I have an old military friend who did that with a book he wrote. Even though it's not technically getting the book into print, you may find a following.

Concerning the topic, there is absolutely nothing interesting about me.

A system of cells interlinked
Ok - I will give this a go!

My name is Mike, and I am 40 years of age. I love film and film subtext, so I am always looking for the concepts behind what we are shown and told in films.

I read a lot too, usually a couple books at once, with some fiction and non-fiction in the mix.

I spent the late 80s and early to mid 90s playing in heavy metal and acid rock bands on both drums (80s) and lead guitar(90s).

In 1997, I randomly went to a rave and it was all over but the um...dancing. I started spinning records and joined a DJ crew called Changmian Productions in Boston, MA. I participated in all this until about 2004, when I stopped going out as much and settled down a bit. I practice a couple styles of street dancing as well, mostly popping, liquid, dime-stopping and animations...

I am an avid gamer, both video and card/board games. I help run a guild in the Star Wars MMO, and I can be found slinging MTG cards each Friday with people I have played with for almost 15 years, although I stopped buying cards many years ago.

Professionally, I am the Art Director at a printing firm in Eastern Massachusetts.

Although I tend to be a homebody, I try to go camping and hit the beach in the summer months.

I'm really tall, and very thin.

I live with my GF and a tubby Rag Doll cat named Shmert!

I am an avid gamer, both video and card/board games. I help run a guild in the Star Wars MMO, and I can be found slinging MTG cards each Friday with people I have played with for almost 15 years, although I stopped buying cards many years ago.
Are you on MTGSalvation? If the answer is yes, then you may already know who I am.

A system of cells interlinked
Negative. How is that community?

My friends and I play almost exclusively Legacy format at this point. Our deck gauntlet consists of Maverick, NO RUG, RUG Delver, Pox, Merfolk, Reanimator, Landstill, Goblins, Deadguy Ale, Sneak and Show, Affinity, Mono Black Aggro and some ****** Rock deck that rarely wins these days.

Like many others who have posted, I am a writer. I have written (but not published) a short novel. Virtually all of its content is inappropriate for this kind of forum, but I'll see if I can find a "PG" excerpt to post. Anybody interested in reading the entire thing can PM me.
Miss Vicky, I'm sorry to accuse you of this if I'm wrong, but somewhere I met somebody who wrote gay erotic fiction and it surprised me because she was a woman. Are you the person I'm thinking of?

Ok - I will give this a go!

My name is Mike, and I am 40 years of age. I love film and film subtext, so I am always looking for the concepts behind what we are shown and told in films.

I read a lot too, usually a couple books at once, with some fiction and non-fiction in the mix.

I spent the late 80s and early to mid 90s playing in heavy metal and acid rock bands on both drums (80s) and lead guitar(90s).

In 1997, I randomly went to a rave and it was all over but the um...dancing. I started spinning records and joined a DJ crew called Changmian Productions in Boston, MA. I participated in all this until about 2004, when I stopped going out as much and settled down a bit. I practice a couple styles of street dancing as well, mostly popping, liquid, dime-stopping and animations...

Professionally, I am the Art Director at a printing firm in Eastern Massachusetts.

Although I tend to be a homebody, I try to go camping and hit the beach in the summer months.

I'm really tall, and very thin.

I live with my GF and a tubby Rag Doll cat named Shmert!
This is all fabulous. You are now my favorite person here. Screw the rest of you who can't be in late 80's/early 90's acid rock bands.

Miss Vicky, I'm sorry to accuse you of this if I'm wrong, but somewhere I met somebody who wrote gay erotic fiction and it surprised me because she was a woman. Are you the person I'm thinking of?
It's not really an accusation, but yes the novel is gay erotic fiction (though there's hetero sex in it, too). Although it's the only story of its kind that I've ever written.

It's not really an accusation, but yes the novel is gay erotic fiction (though there's hetero sex in it, too). Although it's the only story of its kind that I've ever written.
Find a publisher now. That kind of material is hot these days thanks to Fifty Shades of Grey. People will be reading gay sex next.

Don't give the prick the satisfaction.

My friends and I play almost exclusively Legacy format at this point. Our deck gauntlet consists of Maverick, NO RUG, RUG Delver, Pox, Merfolk, Reanimator, Landstill, Goblins, Deadguy Ale, Sneak and Show, Affinity, Mono Black Aggro and some ****** Rock deck that rarely wins these days.
I used to play Magic a long long time ago, I believe I had a Black/Red deck. I was playing with a bunch of amateurs that taught me how to play. I don't know any special names for decks, I haven't played since I was 15.

MGTSalvation.com is alright. I mostly post in their entertainment forums. When I do have time to play, I play mostly limited. I haven't played paper cards in a while, though. Stupid work obligations. Plus, I don't really have a play group.

My name is fairly obvious, it's Justin and I live in Los Angeles. I went to school in New York City, then I moved out here to pursue a career in film criticism/journalism. I'm 25 and currently a freelance journalist. I studied filmmaking in school, where I studied everything from the technical side of it to the theoretical. I'm currently doing a lot of freelance journalism for several outlets at the moment. I've also been working on a novel that I'll probably never finish. Other than that, I enjoy reading and listening to music.

A few other important details about me: I'm an atheist and politically, I'm very, very far left. In school, I also studied philosophy, creative writing and journalism (of all sorts). I spend a great deal of my time in the cinema or at home, since I don't consider myself much of a partier.

That's about it, really. I'm a boring person.

Seems fun.

My name's Chris. I'm 27, a Christian, married, no kids, live with a dog (my brother's) and two cats, and a parakeet.

My occupation is sort of pieced together. The closest thing to a day job (IE: the thing that requires I set an alarm to be somewhere by a certain time in the mornings) is a family media business, where I do assorted things, the most prominent of which is acting as Producer for a statewide political talk show called Pennsylvania Newsmakers. Over the years I've helped run other shows on TV and radio. I probably booked my first radio guest when I was 13, and I've been on TV and radio a handful of times to interview Congressmen, talk about elections, or just blab about culture and movies. I've grown up around media of all kinds all my life.

Other than that, I do web development work, both freelance and my own projects...like this site. I've run Movie Forums for 12 years, built a dozen other sites, sold a few, still run a few others, and have more in the pipeline. I love very few things more than taking my time in building, tweaking, and gradually perfecting things, be they websites or the occasional review or essay.

I was largely homeschooled (though I went to public school, too, and did well there) and have very little strictly formal education. However, I'm curious to a fault (that's not false modesty; it's literally to a fault sometimes) and can't imagine what it would be like to stop learning, ever. I really love analyzing things, be it themes in movies, cultural trends, or other people's thoughts.

I have strong reactions to certain types of art. Sometimes beautiful music makes me cry, and when it does, I feel close to God.

And I like reading everyone else's replies.

^WTF is that supposed to mean?

Here are a few paragraphs from the novel:
Nothing really! You work in a vet clinic and I take it, you like animals. And I love labs... They are beautiful animals. I had a Lab years ago, though not know...bummer!

Smells mystical, doesn't it?

I was largely homeschooled
Homeschoolers unite!