They're Dreadful But I Just Can't Stop Watching Them: Top 50

→ in
Tools    

This is a great and fun list! I wonder why I haven't thought about doing a guilty pleasure list. I might do one, one day. For now, I am still working on that Horror List lol.

Most of the movies on this list are far too entertaining to be truly dreadful, but I'm loving your selections and your humorous commentary. My favorite to appear so far is Street Fighter. I'm a sucker for any of Van Damme's movies, but Raul Julia is especially awesome in that movie. I also enjoyed Tank Girl (Lori Petty is my kinda chick), Deep Blue Sea (better than Jaws ), Terminator: Salvation (not as bad as everyone makes it out be), and Species (a great "late-night adolescent wrist-exerciser," as you so eloquently put it).

This is a fun thread. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Mortal Kombat shows up at some point.

31. 2012

The Day After Tomorrow
with slightly more religious overtones

30. Congo

An unintentional comedy thanks almost entirely to this scene:

29. Virus

A crap version of the Abyss with robots and Donald Sutherland.

What's so great about 2012 now? What's the point in its existence? It's 2015 and nothing happened in 2012!

What's so great about 2012 now? What's the point in its existence? It's 2015 and nothing happened in 2012!
Got something to do with a prediction some guy made during the middle ages, I think...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Bits of 2012 are great fun, bits are awful. The car going about ten seconds ahead of earthquakes makes me cringe, but I like all the stuff with the president and his daughter and Chiwetel Ejiofor in.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I didn't mind 2012. I thought it was better than The Day After Tommorow.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Congo is definitely one of the best bad movies of all time. When I was a kid I thought it was deathly serious and mature. When I saw it again as an adult it was so campy I couldn't believe it.

Master of My Domain
2012 is borderline crap.

Congo is good fun. I remember watching it on TV to kill some time, and I succeeded in murdering it.

Haven't seen Virus but HK's Movie Tab post about it interests me.

I love disaster films, but 2012 looked too terrible to enjoy, so I've not watched that.

Congo was one of the worst films I've ever paid to see, but I blame my sister because it was her choice and we'd seen literally everything else available. I'd have gone and seen something we'd already seen, but it was her choice and she went with the bloody monkey. She still likes that film.

I wouldn't have understood the love for Virus had I not watched it again the other week. I don't think I'll ever like it like you do, but it was fun.

28. Tango and Cash

The definition of a cheesy action film.

27. Anaconda

John Voight makes this film as funny as it is - what a ridiculous character.

26. Die Hard 4

The script is shocking but it has Bruce Willis in it with guns and explosions.