Star Wars vs Star Trek

Tools    

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by lucky_luke
About lightsabers:
About grievous:
The cyborg is cool and all (Specially when he gets four armed)...but the name! Haven't anyone see the name? GRIEVOUS! Adjective of Grief.
I know what you mean. Darth Tyrannus? Darth Maul?

It's all part of the fun I suppose

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Darth Vader is the pimpest villain of all time, of ALL time.

Except for his wussy performance in Episode 3, of course.

Vader could defeat anyone he wanted too, the manchine is unstoppable.
nah,

KHAAANNNN!!!!!

As an overall universe I'd probably give the edge to Star Trek because it's more philosophical and questions our role in the unverise as people.

Based on individual content, Star Trek has nothing that can top Empire Strikes Back.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I always preferred Star Wars, I could never get into Star Trek. It probably had to do with how... "scientific" Trek was, while Star Wars was all just pure fantasy. You know how it is, I wanted to be Han, while Kirk was just not close to being as cool. That's just my opinion.

But I like Firefly better than both
Kirk made it with the Orion slave girls... That's more than we see or hear with Han Solo.

Banned from Hollywood.
I have always loved the original Star Wars movies episodes 4-6..I grew up watching them in the 80s..I know it might sound weird but I have never really seen any of the Star Trek movies. probably only one..the 1982 one..the second one. dont remember the name.but i hardly remember it. I havent really grown up with the star trek movies so my vote goes for the star wars ones.

as for which universe is bigger i will let people who have seen both series decide on that.
the truth is that when i get around to it i will definitely check out the star trek movies (and the series) someday.

I am a big fan of both

Only like the first 3 Star wars movies the other are less than inspiring

Not all the Star Trek movies are great but I them

Banned from Hollywood.
True..the prequels haven't stood up really well..at least the first two...quite early to say...I do have a fondness for episode III though. I thought the story was great, but the result on screen had its weak moments...still i think that in time only episode 3 will stand the test of time from the prequels

Star Wars..... Star Trek is slow and often too philosophical for my tastes. Star wars has all the goods, and there's a certain fascinating mythology with star wars that star trek doesn't nearly have. The characters in sw are also more interesting, and each film has an epic scope, whereas Star Trek feels like a slow voyage, with too many little events on the way, which just bore me.. just my opinion.

While I love both Star Trek and Star Wars, I have to give the edge to Star Wars for me. I can't really put my finger on why, I just enjoy them a little more.

I have all 6 Star Wars movies. I have all 10 Star Trek movies and all 7 seasons of The Next Generation, but I've only watched about half of the movies. And when it comes to Star Trek, I like the original series and The Next Generation. Anything after that, I've never really been able to get into.

Ok lets just break it down.

STAR WARS

1. Harrison Ford
2. Darth Vader
3. An evil empire, and epic wars! Overall a more hostile environment.
4. 3 good movies. 4 if you count Clone Wars which alot of folks liked more than ep 1-3.
5. Started off the toy craze.
6. Droids!
7. Jedis!
8. Light sabers!

STAR TREK

1. Many many episodes of great entertainment.
2. More than 4 good movies between both series.
3. More interesting races. Vulcans are more interesting than wookies, and wookies are the only interesting race Star Wars has. What the hell was Yoda anyway? Don't ban me!
4. More of a moral theme to most of the stories.
5. The holodeck. They stole the concept from the X-Men comics Danger Room, but its $.
6. Data
7. Spock
8. McCoy.
9. Kirk
10. Picard
11. Q
12. The Borg
13. The Romulans.
14. Didnt whore the franchise out to the toy market. Maintained a more respectable quality control the past 40 years than Star Wars. For shame George Lucas for shame!
15. The vulcan nerve pinch. Every little kid has tried it at least once.
16. Star Treks warp speed is more impressive than Star Wars.

Finally no matter how bad some of the Star Trek movies and episodes were, and they were downright smelly bad at times, none put me in physical pain like one character did....

Kirk made it with the Orion slave girls... That's more than we see or hear with Han Solo.

Are you kidding?! They could have another series based on Kirks bastard seed thats spread all throughout the multiverse. Kirk made love to every woman in China....thats why they all look alike. Yeah thats the ticket!

Banned from Hollywood.

It's obvious that you like Star Trek better. I can't be too judgmental on the subject as i don't know a lot about Star Trek.

however I can inform you that there are a lot of people who actually also like episode III from the SW prequels...and I am one of them.. all you have to do is search a few movie review sites like rotten tomatoes and metacritic (even allmovie.com, which is only a critic review site favors the movie) and you will see that, that particular movie has stood up well as opposed to the other 2 prequels.

Star Wars..... Star Trek is slow and often too philosophical for my tastes. Star wars has all the goods, and there's a certain fascinating mythology with star wars that star trek doesn't nearly have. The characters in sw are also more interesting, and each film has an epic scope, whereas Star Trek feels like a slow voyage, with too many little events on the way, which just bore me.. just my opinion.
Yeah Star Trek is very slow and there is far more dialogue and talking than action in the films and TV shows... at least the original and Next Generation. I haven't paid attention to the other series.

Employee of the Month

Finally no matter how bad some of the Star Trek movies and episodes were, and they were downright smelly bad at times, none put me in physical pain like one character did....

It wasn´t so hard, in Episode II and III he tends to shut the f*** up.

Both Star Trek and Star Wars films/series are entertaining but the science is awful. Star Trek, notably the Voyager series, had far more imagination.

A system of cells interlinked
Science? This stuff is straight up fantasy t, though. I don't consider either franchise to be science fiction, as I need a certain amount of plausibility in the film to consider it actual Science Fiction (Contact, 2001, Sunshine, Blade Runner). These films are fantasy, so science doesn't apply. The impossibility of the Light Sabre alone puts Star Wars solidly in the Fantasy realm.

I like the first three Star Wars movies. Star Trek hasn't always been the best when it comes to the movies. Maybe I simply don't like William Shatner. So I choose Star Wars.

I think being a fan of all the Star Trek series makes me a bit partial when it comes to judging the movies.

I took my husband who had never seen a star trek anything before to see the newest one..he said..."you know that wasn't half bad!"
I've since gotten him to watch some of the other ST movies and he liked them, but it wasn't until I made him watch several episodes of the series which gave him a deeper understanding of the relationships, history, and dynamics of the cast, that he really "got" it.

Now he's turning into a Star Trek junkie!!! Which is perfectly fine by me!

I enjoyed Star Wars as well..but it just didn't have the same connection for me.

StarWars has the Force, which trumps the "prime directive" to hell and back.

...uh the post is up there...