Life on Mars

Tools    

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
A great TV show. Too bad the US version is done.

Bye cute Sam Tyler!

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Third series of Ashes to Ashes is here. And Alex is not the only one having weird moments with a David Bowie soundtrack... what is going on? What is Jim Keats up to? Did Gene Hunt kill Sam Tyler? Are they all in limbo?

It's silly, but it makes me smile when I watch it

Third series of Ashes to Ashes is here. And Alex is not the only one having weird moments with a David Bowie soundtrack... what is going on? What is Jim Keats up to? Did Gene Hunt kill Sam Tyler? Are they all in limbo?

It's silly, but it makes me smile when I watch it
me too. I love it!

I've got the first three episodes recorded, so I'll have to watch them soon. The problem is I've got so much to watch. I love Ashes To Ashes, though. Not the thread to say it in, I know, but I prefer it to Life On Mars, not that I watched the US version.

Only two episodes of Ashes to Ashes to go! Who else is on the edge of their seat?

They have teased us mercilessly with hints as to what's 'really' going on, including a nod to the ending of the US Life On Mars which I hope is a red herring...

Only two episodes of Ashes to Ashes to go! Who else is on the edge of their seat?

They have teased us mercilessly with hints as to what's 'really' going on, including a nod to the ending of the US Life On Mars which I hope is a red herring...
I've been catching up on the series over the last week, though I've still got episode 6 to watch, but I've really enjoyed them. Well, the first three. The fourth one with the undercover officer would've been ok were it not for the fact that I was getting annoyed waiting for the characters to catch on to what was going on. Episode 5 didn't really do much for me either, with the idiot cops from Manchester and all the Sam Tyler stuff. I don't really care what's going on, so long as they don't **** it up.

Unless they've gone all Jim Morrison and want to destroy their creation (and thereby piss off their audience) Gene isn't going to end up 'bad', so there's no tease there for me. I hope they come up with a decent ending and not try to do a half-arsed 'Gene's not bad, per se, it's just he's the representation of death' or something. That'd annoy me.

I don't think he's bad. I don't think there's even any question, so that doesn't work for me as a plot device... unless we're not supposed to believe that as an audience anyway, and the tension comes from Alex thinking he might be bad and them all not trusting each other.

I'm a bit annoyed with her after the end of episode 7....

I wasn't satisfied

I liked most of the episode up until the last five minutes. I think they really rushed the end of Alex's story, like she wasn't important.
WARNING: "Ashes to Ashes" spoilers below
She loses everything all at once - her life, Molly and Gene - and just moves on? She didn't even have time to accept that she was dead, she just goes into the pub looking sad. And then Gene just forgets about all of them and carries on, over and over again? That would make sense if it was some kind of punishment for him, like he'd done something bad in his former life (like Ray, for example) but he didn't.... It was just all a bit bleaker than I'd been expecting and lacking in emotional resolution for the main characters.

I see what you mean Thurs but

WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
I liked that cos it wasn't all a fluffy happy ending. It's like Gene's been there for decades doing what he does cos he's good at it, and he likes it (looking for a new car already?) but he has the added attraction of outwitting the devil - maybe for goodness knows how many times. He was sad though but maybe he's been sad over many women before Bolly. so it's part of the job.

Have to agree with you about Alex losing everything, but on the whole I liked that the writers took a dark ending, it was much more daring than the usual stuff