Star on the Walk of Fame

Tools    

Okay I just saw a pic today of Cameron Diaz gettting a star on the walk of fame.

This didn't bother me as much as when I read that Ryan Seacrest got one also.

I may be wrong here and it may just be the sign of the times but wasn't getting a star on the walk of fame something that wasn't just given out to anybody?

I mean come on RYAN SEACREST gets a star?

It seems like they just hand them out to anybody nowadays. If he gets one then Bruce Campbell should have one also. (He may already but I haven't looked it up yet.)

Let me know what you think about who gets a star.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The walk of fame is nothing special, or at least it isn't anymore.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

If the Walk of Fame hadn't become a joke... and I were an actor... I would much rather have a star than an Oscar... 'cause then I'd think people might have liked me in more than just one movie...

Anyway, who is Ryan Seacrest?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Hate the game not the player(s).......

Anyway, who is Ryan Seacrest?
Phew, I thought I might be the only member who didn't know.
I'm sure he's a decent fellow, but I have always enjoyed the concept of the stars over the decades, and found it to be interesting.

Doesn't this look cool?

Has anyone ever refused the star?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Banned from Hollywood.
The walk of fame is nothing special, or at least it isn't anymore.
hearing that cameron diaz is going to have her star there, it really doesnt feel like something special anymore...

i remember back in 2001 when julia roberts received the oscar for best actress, i had the same feeling for oscars as well for a couple of years..they have just redeemed themselves over the last few years thankfully, but that's a whole other subject i am opening here.

yea- i always thought in the past, that getting stars was a HUGGGGEEEE HONOR. Like all the best got it, specifically those that "changed" or contributed in some big way to the entertainment industry.
Cameron Diaz and Ryan Seacrest.....not yet. They're still very young in the game, and Cameron's just made cheap movies, she hasn't settled down yet as an "actress actress" and she isnt serious about the craft. And Ryan Seacrest is a great tv personality, but his only claim to fame has been American Idol, and he still needs more for his resume.
I've always associated STARS with prolific and crowd pleasing resumes. As far as I'm concerned, Ryan and Cameron DO NOTT have generally crowd pleasing resumes.
I still think STARS are an honorable thing to get, but if anymore of these undeserving and unqualified celebrities(not fully fledged career actors) receive stars, then i'm gonna scream.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The more than 2,300 stars on the Walk of Fame are divided into five categories—radio, television, motion pictures, recording and live performance. The only person with a star in all 5 categories is . . . . Gene Autry! (So much for today's hot-shot "personalities.")

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Seacrest got the star for his work on the radio which I think is fair enough, he's been a radio personality for a while now and I know his radio show is very popular.

For those of you asking who he is, he's the host of American Idol.

Doesn't this look cool?

Been there so many times, it doesn't phase me a bit. And I've been to a few movie theaters even that have replicas of the hollywood walk of fame (or a portion of it) as their front walk way. The Cinemark theater I worked at in Texas had it for instance.

Getting a star on the walk of fame meant something more long ago when the big shots of hollywood got their stars. Now like zerobraincells said, it's dwindled to something meaningless.