RUSH

Tools    

I thought this was brilliant! Im not a formula 1 fan really but this movie promotes the sport very well. I found this story to be so interesting, i loved the rivalry and even the acting, does anyone agree?

A system of cells interlinked
Moved to General Movie Discussion, as the review forum should be used for, you guessed it, movie reviews!

In the future, please take a second to make sure you are posting in the right forum.

Meanwhile: I've not seen this yet, but plan on checking it out at some point!

I'm the last person who'd want to watch motor racing of any kind, but remembering the times that James Hunt was all over the newspapers for his good looks and glamorous lifestyle, I was drawn to see what kind of film Ron Howard would make. I wasn't disappointed. He portrayed really well the type of golden boy James Hunt was to the public, as well as making the actual races really exciting. The acting was spot on and the rivalry very well drawn. Excellent film

Really didn't like it.

I rarely come away from a sports film thinking "that was good". It just doesn't transfer to the big screen. The exception is Moneyball which was excellent.

But Rush seemed very false, cheesy and forced. The actor playign Hunt was just incredibly annoying. It felt like he was delivering James Bond's one liners whilst pulling a Zoolander Blue Steel face. Lauda's character had more depth.

But overall - not for me. File in the endless list of sports films that don't deliver.

I really enjoyed it and hadn't expected to. I'd rank it in the top five of 2013 and was far more emotionally invested in its characters than those in many of the front runners for the Best Picture Academy Award.

I really enjoyed it and hadn't expected to. I'd rank it in the top five of 2013 and was far more emotionally invested in its characters than those in many of the front runners for the Best Picture Academy Award.
I completely agree i think that they captures the depth of the relationship between Hunt and Lauda and how even though they were rivals they held a secret fondness for each other.

I think Ron Howard could not have captured the emotional rivalry between Lauda and Hunt any better. Daniel Bruhl and Chris Hemsworth were cast sharply for their roles. I think Bühl is one of the best non-english actors of this generation (inglorious basterds, good bye lenin).
The only thing that annoyed me was that Hemsworth sometimes pushed his playboy character too much so he became more of an annoying brat.
The racing sequences were neat and well edited, yet felt they didn't bring anything to the story.
Definately one of the best movies of 2013 in my opinion.

I think Ron Howard could not have captured the emotional rivalry between Lauda and Hunt any better. Daniel Bruhl and Chris Hemsworth were cast sharply for their roles. I think Bühl is one of the best non-english actors of this generation (inglorious basterds, good bye lenin).
The only thing that annoyed me was that Hemsworth sometimes pushed his playboy character too much so he became more of an annoying brat.
The racing sequences were neat and well edited, yet felt they didn't bring anything to the story.
Definately one of the best movies of 2013 in my opinion.
I think your review is bang on!
Its a shame you felt that way about the racing sequences i felt they brought just the perfect mix of excitement to the story.

James Hunt was a bit of a brat tho in real life, I don't think the film exaggerated that
Yeah I felt that was the point that was trying to be made, he wasn't exactly likeable but you could see the respect and envy Lauda had for him at times despite this.

I think your review is bang on!
Its a shame you felt that way about the racing sequences i felt they brought just the perfect mix of excitement to the story.
Thank you, mate. I guess you are right on that. But they would've been better if you had more insight on the mindset of the drivers so you would take the drama into the car, so to speak.

OK this is a video review of RUSH, just so you know i have run it past Yoda due to it advertising a bit...

Hope you enjoy...

loved it,one of my favorites of 2013

Also the acting was pretty incredible in this I loved the part of Nikki pure gold

Probably the best f1 film depiction film ever made, just a great great acting and subline use of music, an ultimate rush into driver aggression, dispair ,rivalry , great film indeed

which film u guys think has chris hemsworth performed better, is in thOr or in rush?? i like him a lot in rush