The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

Okay I've got one.

My sister has the pics - once I get them I'll post. But the concert last night was freaking amazing. Afterwards a milestone in my life happened: for the first time not only did I meet a famous person but it was a famous person I really admire. I got to meet Jamie, 1/3 of KKB and one of my favorite electronic producers alongside Gus. In my own little world shaking his hand, thanking him, getting a pic and having him thank me for coming to see them (the genuine sincerity of which is worth nothing) meant a lot to me.

As for the concert itself, they were spectacular. Sarah had the amazing stage presence you'd expect but I was surprised that Gus and Jamie had so much presence, as well. For some reason I kind of expected them to just be in the background with their gadgets, but they were really having fun with it. All three put on a great show. The crowd was amazing too and the vibes all around were as upbeat, positive and energetic as you'd expect from a KKB concert.

Anyway, this was basically my sister's birthday present to me, and it's without a doubt the best present I've ever gotten.

You ready? You look ready.
Mah baby: Esmeralda.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Your niece just gets cuter every day, Matt! Does your mum own a rug shop? I'm a tribal rug collector. I might have *cough* smuggled some back in one or two of my trvels.

Not really. I just pack creatively to escape weight excess tariffs so have to make my carry on not look like it weighs a tonne.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Mah baby: Esmeralda.
Do those handle as well as people say?

This reminds me that a 2017 Tattymobile thread should be started soon. I'll need to order it within a month.

Do those handle as well as people say?

This reminds me that a 2017 Tattymobile thread should be started soon. I'll need to order it within a month.
Yes, they do and then some. Where I live is mostly winding roads up and down mountains and, even though it's underpowered, most people can't keep up with me on those 2 lane roads. It's also fantastic at passing on those roads, too. Everywhere else (city and highway) you will have to rev it up pretty hard to keep up/pass some people. And I've read they made some improvements to the handling for the 2017 model.

Oh, and 30-35MPG doesn't hurt either. I'm one of the few people who loves Toyota putting their D4-S fuel injection system on it: lots of people don't like it because it's hard to tune.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Yes, they do and then some. Where I live is mostly winding roads up and down mountains and, even though it's underpowered, most people can't keep up with me on those 2 lane roads. It's also fantastic at passing on those roads, too. Everywhere else (city and highway) you will have to rev it up pretty hard to keep up/pass some people. And I've read they made some improvements to the handling for the 2017 model.

Oh, and 30-35MPG doesn't hurt either. I'm one of the few people who loves Toyota putting their D4-S fuel injection system on it: lots of people don't like it because it's hard to tune.
It looks like I'll be facing a straight choice between style and performance. I could get another DS3 Sport (or whatever the Sports are called these days) or a Seat Leon FR, which has 185bhp and 60mpg but looks like a box.

I'm leaning towards performance.

I kinda lucked into my car. But if I had to do it all over again I'd get the same thing.

I wanted something highly impractical and fun. Also, I like the looks of the Leon.

Matt, speaking of nieces and after our lovely convo, my beautiful niece and her American Aussie hubby, both ANZACS, marching today for the ANZAC ceremony.

I was only a little kid when she was born but man, I'm so proud of her. She was super smart and beautiful the day she opened her eyes. And her husband is the nicest guy I know.

Lest we forget.

Im on the Faroe Islands to do a series of lectures on recovery for employees and users in psychiatry. So far i have done 1 lecture and i have 2 more today. One in a social psychiatric institution and one in a cafe for young people suffering from mental illness. Tomorrow i am doing a lecture at the psychiatric hospital in Thorshavn.

@ash_is_the_gal aww! they're jolly grandparents!
@TokeZa - sounds interesting and really useful work. The Faroes are pretty isolated aren't they? Looks like magnificent scenery

A system of cells interlinked
Spot the Sedai and LTIzzy!

@ash_is_the_gal aww! they're jolly grandparents!
@TokeZa - sounds interesting and really useful work. The Faroes are pretty isolated aren't they? Looks like magnificent scenery
Yes they are. Its a pretty small community and i think that mental illness up here can be a lot more devastating, since there are so few options in terms of getting on with your life.

It is beautiful up here