What would you call the five greatest comedies of all time?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I would put all standup comedy.. If you can put Pryor, I can put Bill Hicks or George Carlin, but I'll stick to non-standup comedy movies.

-Ninja Bachelor Party (it's short, but it's the funniest thing ever, on youtube as well)
-This Is Spinal Tap
-Falling Down
-Seven Samurai (the part when Mifune comes in and says "I come from a long line of a respectable Samurai family." After the Ronin reads the scroll, he says, "According to this scroll, you are thirteen years old!" They all laugh, and for the next few minutes, everyone starts calling him "Thirteen" --- "Hey Thirteen,"

Never Give a Sucker an Even Break
My Winnipeg
Don't Be a Mennace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
Mystery Men
Sherlock Jr.

To continue:

6.Kindergarten Cop
7.Twins
8.Junior
9.Jingle All The Way
Even though I wouldn't consider it one of the top five comedies of all time, it is nice to see some love for Twins...I love that movie and there's so little talk about it on these boards.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Never Give a Sucker an Even Break
My Winnipeg
Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
Mystery Men
Sherlock Jr.
Very strange list.
Not if you know lines. "I'm surprised" there's no Death to Smoochy.

Dr Strangelove
Clerks II
Blazing Saddles
The Wolf of Wall Street
Arsenic and Old Lace
A little thrown by the inclusion of The Wolf of Wall Street on this list, but I guess that's because I haven't seen it yet.

Even though I wouldn't consider it one of the top five comedies of all time, it is nice to see some love for Twins...I love that movie and there's so little talk about it on these boards.
lol this list was a joke, i just love arny.

The 40 Year Old Virgin is absolutely the most influential comedy of the last 15-20 years or so. It's hilarious/brilliant, but also basically brought about the Apatow era on film.

A little thrown by the inclusion of The Wolf of Wall Street on this list, but I guess that's because I haven't seen it yet.
I found it a lot funnier than any of the run-of-the-mill comedies that come out (despite it being a comedy-drama than a pure comedy).

Welcome to the human race...
The 40 Year Old Virgin is absolutely the most influential comedy of the last 15-20 years or so. It's hilarious/brilliant, but also basically brought about the Apatow era on film.
I guess that makes sense. I am still ambivalent at best when it comes to Apatow-style comedies, besides which I don't really think that being influential automatically means something is likeable. I liked The 40-Year-Old Virgin when it first came out but it has not held up well in my eyes.

This is tough one! I'm not too much into comedies.
1. Some like it hot.
2. Charlie Chapman movies.
3. Stalag 17.
4. Khosla's Nest.
5. Toy story series.

lol this list was a joke, i just love arny.

Thanks. I was wondering who I had to blame for that.

5 movies that always make me laugh:

1:hot rod
2:support your local sheriff
3:funny farm
4:dazed and confused
5:the burbs

I would put all standup comedy.. If you can put Pryor, I can put Bill Hicks or George Carlin, but I'll stick to non-standup comedy movies.

-Ninja Bachelor Party (it's short, but it's the funniest thing ever, on youtube as well)
-This Is Spinal Tap
-Falling Down
-Seven Samurai (the part when Mifune comes in and says "I come from a long line of a respectable Samurai family." After the Ronin reads the scroll, he says, "According to this scroll, you are thirteen years old!" They all laugh, and for the next few minutes, everyone starts calling him "Thirteen" --- "Hey Thirteen,"
Nice to see some love for This is Spinal Tap.

Greatest Sidekick Ever
5 Movies That Gave The Greatest Number Of Laughs For Me
Dumb And Dumber
The 40-Year Old Virgin
Superbad
Airplane
Caddyshack

Honorable Mention: Funniest Movie Scene From Non-Comedy Movies
The Chasing Chicken Scene from Rocky 2

modern times
golden rush
general