Television Tab

Tools    

Particularly good in The Vietnam War series is the choice of interviews of soldiers from both sides, the opposition yet the same experience and the quotes mirroring each other. The horror of war and the destruction of life

That's something i've never thought about actually. That is insane, absolutely hate victim blaming; she shouldn't have been in that part of town if she didn't want to be raped, shift the blame onto the victim sort of thing and i know this is similar so sorry... But it happened in 1980's NYC which i'm pretty sure was one of the most dangerous cities in America (certain parts obviously) during the 80's, the City has really cleaned up and is insanely safe from violent crime for a city that size now. I've never been to NYC so i might be wrong about all of this, but either way 80's NYC was more dangerous than present day NYC i'm sure most would agree with. Crazy, awful that we are questioning why she did something wrong that led to her death; people are awful
I left NYC in 1986 & the woman in question was attacked in 1989. I was actually in NYC the day after she was attacked & I was horrified. As a woman, I am not going to blame another woman for what she suffered. But to enter Central Park at 9 p.m. on a dark April night was, I repeat, nuts. Won’t go into all the details of where she was jogging, but her body was found just north of the 102nd transverse in the park. I’m sorry, but no woman in her right mind would be in the park at 102nd Street in the daytime, let alone at night. Even in a much safer NYC of today, I wouldn’t do it.

Particularly good in The Vietnam War series is the choice of interviews of soldiers from both sides, the opposition yet the same experience and the quotes mirroring each other. The horror of war and the destruction of life
Right. The clock is ticking & it’s terrific that each side’s stories are being told for posterity.

As a woman, I am not going to blame another woman for what she suffered.
Oh yeah sorry, the way i worded that grouped you in with my doubts, i didn't mean that and have acknowledged your superior knowledge in several ways in that situation.

Last watched:

Russia with Simon Reeve - Three very interesting episodes following him across the whole of Russia.

Episode 1 of the documentary The Ganges with Sue Perkins, can always watch her in a travel documentary, always fun to watch.

My Week As A Muslim - Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The Great British Bake Off - As much as I liked the previous series when it was on BBC, I adore it even more now it's moved to Channel 4 - I enjoyed watching the last lot of presenters and judges but very much prefer the new lot and they haven't disappointed. It's exactly the same in every way except for two new presenters and a new judge. It's the final next week, this series has gone so fast.

^ It would have got five but I've never been a fan of Paul Hollywood.

Oh yeah sorry, the way i worded that grouped you in with my doubts, i didn't mean that and have acknowledged your superior knowledge in several ways in that situation.
No offense taken. Not to belabor the point, but the ironical thing to me was that if she had wanted to relax at the end of the business day with a run, she safely could have run on the Manhattan streets (though not as north as 102nd Street) even in the dark since there would have been many people around. Poor woman learned a very very hard lesson.

+Nausicaa I like the Simon Reeves and the Sue Perkins docs too. Lots of people I know don't like Sue but I think she's got a lovely warm tv personality.
I love Bake Off and was worried when it went to C4 but it's fine. Just watch it from 20 mins in and fast forward through the ads

Hot Metal season 2. Just as great as the first, with Richard Wilson replacing Geoffrey Palmer as the new hassled editor of the worst tabloid newspaper ever. So this is where David Renwick started habitually humiliating him on TV!
I also nearly cracked a rib at the advert for the "RatWorld" theme park and some of its attractions - "The Magical World of the Loony Left, where lesbians frolic in the woods and money grows on trees."
Still fricking hilarious nearly 30 years on.

The Nathan For You ep was really great again. The first half wasn't that great, but the second was amazing. That's the third time he has fooled the media this season .

Here is the bands Website - https://www.thebanzaipredicament.com/

They have a spotify and bandcamp too haha.

And the News Segment of it - https://www.facebook.com/nerissaknig...5627297816803/

If Strichley sees this that Facebook video isn't supposed to be funny, it's how he got it on the news and the reason for it that is. Same sort of thing as the anecdote one last week.

So good The fake Shell employee was amazing. Did you watch @doubledenim ?

Season so far for me is:

01. Uber
02. The Anecdote
03. Smoke Detector (this could have been #2 but the first half wasn't that great)
04. Michael Richards
05. Chilli Shop

I haven't watched the last two eps, but I got em' on the dvr. I'll probably get to it
this weekend...oh wait. That upside-down show is coming out tonight.

You've got red on you!
No Activity

[center]
I haven't heard of this, MonnoM, but love Jake Johnson and Tim Minchin, so I'll need to check it out! Wonder where I can find it here in the US...

I haven't heard of this, MonnoM, but love Jake Johnson and Tim Minchin, so I'll need to check it out! Wonder where I can find it here in the US...
Turns out they remade the show in the U.S.

The truth is in here
Laverne & Shirley - The Bachelor Party

This show gets really good really quick. The first episode had its fair share of funny moments, as well as some things which detracted a little. Here in only the second episode Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams' chemistry is twice as strong, and the comedy flows smoother. Fonzie is hilarious as usual, but Laverne and Shirley themselves steal the show just as much.
We are seeing an opposite turn of the scenario in the first episode. In The Society Party Laverne was the one worried about how the party will go, while this time Shirley is the one who is instead. Smartly enough the two parties are completely different, or else it wouldn't make much sense. The party Shirley wanted to attend to was very high-class and sophisticated while the one in this episode is anything but. It's full of guys who are rude, obscene, loud... anything Shirley can't stand. She goes so far as to expressing her protest she starts using terms such as "blasphemous", "dirty" and "filth" for instance, especially when Fonzie needs someone to jump out of a birthday cake, and she has to be the one to do it. The situation is quite uncomfortable, so it's quite sweet when Carmine of all people notices how troubled she feels and offers her a coat to keep the others from gawking at her.
It's not all for her personal gain Laverne arranges this party however, she also wants to make money so her father will be proud of her. The final scene when he comes for a visit (and hey, it's his first appearance on the show, congrats) is nice, yet also light and humorous in the way we're expecting.
It's not perfect yet however, since while I thought that Shirley was interestingly developed, her whining could get a tad annoying at times. Has she really been shown as religious before? I know she's kind of a prude, but in some moments I think they went overboard, almost like you expect her to take out a Bible and read a Mattheus verse. Ha, it's all in good fun though, it's not enough to take away from the smiles and chokes of laughter I had too.

(You're gonna see this rating often for this show)

At home with Amy Sedaris

Color me surprised, but the best parts of this are the scenes sans Sedaris. The guest segments so far are the gems. Throw in Paul Giamatti (mahvelous) for a businessmen dinner and you have a plate worth picking over.

I just found out the actress who plays Ms. Snodgrass is Scottish. That's what I call acting.

I have had theories on who shot Gamby, but I'm sure it will be a leftfielder. No way it's anyone connected to the red harring in ep. 7.

Finally making my way through all the American Horror Story series. Finished Asylum last night. Started series 2 a while back but put it on pause and started it up again this week. I know you don't have to but I'm watching the series in order.

So far in order of liking:

1. Asylum
2. Murder House

Oh and lovedddddddd this sequence from Asylum: