Television Tab

Tools    

You've got red on you!
I started watching Girlboss last night on Netflix, has anyone else seen it? I enjoyed it, although every once in awhile I was really annoyed with Sophia. I can't really relate to her character, but what's new? Ha!

Eating somebody else's chili is sketchy at best. Paying $2 to eat chili dispensed from somebody's sleeve at a minor league hockey game...

WTF am I saying. I remember minor league hockey games.
Watched it, solid but not amazing. That's how each Season usually is; half of the season is usually amazing and half is usually solid fun but pretty forgettable. Heard from a few who have watched the Uber episode (Nathan was showing it on a promotional tour for the show) that it's excellent which is why it was supposed to be second i guess.

I'm surprised this wasn't the episode called off due to Vegas. Not exactly the same sort of thing but this basically showed you how you could bypass security with a bomb . Maybe even a gun strapped to your chest, damn. The whole chilli suit was hilarious, just how ridiculously elaborate it was for 20 dollars profit. Looked so gross, i'm guessing the sales were purely due to curiosity and some of them may not have even tried it. No idea how he has the guts to do that sort of thing, asking people if they want chili dispensed from my jacket would cause me to die of embarrassment. The massage one was alright, that Miss California and her horribly delivered made up story cracked me up, wonder if Nathan put her up to that, him blindsiding the councilman was great too.

Here's the Councilman that was in the episode - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Reyes

I'm surprised this wasn't the episode called off due to Vegas. Not exactly the same sort of thing but this basically showed you how you could bypass security with a bomb . Maybe even a gun strapped to your chest, damn.
My thoughts exactly.

Ghosted is nowhere close to as good as it could be. Basically seems like they are throwing Adam Scott and Craig Robinson together and telling them to riff.

And. It is weird how short these episodes feel. It seems like 1-2 they are over.

Oh my ****! Did you watch the Uber episode @doubledenim?Not one of the best ever but hilarious and more like the standard for the show. The Mambo No 5 part alone killed me. It was obviously the Anonymous like video they made that looked like legit terrorism that stopped the episode from being aired last week, that was hilarious, just how ridiculously misguided and unnecessary it was. The wedding my lord; "I asked Andy if he would marry me as a favour", "The only way forward was to marry Andy without his knowledge", Nathans face during it

Happy Valley season 1 & 2

Love this series, nearly finished series 4 but I really don't want to finish it because I know what happens to one character near the end and I don't want it to happen...

This series has been great, especially Lolly, what a wonderful character. Heartbreaking but wonderful.

No Activity

I'm only a few episodes in, but so far I really like it. Great characters and it's quite funny.

Lead Balloon

Some say it's a British "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and in many ways they're absolutely right. But similarities aside, LB did just fine standing on its own two. With a fantastic ensemble and writers not afraid to explore the darker side of humor every now and then. The comedic timing in this show is tops.

Tonight is the triumphant return of Squidbillies.

I'm pretty sure it's not a Viacom channel, so all should be well.

Squidbillies was great, featuring a nice homage to another great AS show.

Ghosted finally seemed sorted in the 3rd episode, "Walking in Memphis". If the show keeps to this formula, it's gonna be a great bit of fluff. The end scene introduces an arc that you could see coming, but looks to be fun.

Happy Valley season 1 & 2
Brilliant show. Can’t wait for the final season, which I believe it next year.

The Vietnam War, a 10 part series is a serious and considered analysis of the history and events of the war. A must see series for history buffs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b096k7q7/episodes/guide
I love anything about Vietnam. But it was tiresome streaming it here on PBS (similar to BBC) because there was a long laundry list of PBS donors read out before each episode began. So annoying. Might try again as I was looking forward to this series.

The Vietnam War, a 10 part series is a serious and considered analysis of the history and events of the war. A must see series for history buffs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b096k7q7/episodes/guide
Haven't watched that yet, Burns is great though. Love The Civil War i know @SilentVamp does too, and Baseball from him. His Baseball series is the reason i'm kinda into the MLB even though i only see like four games a year: as i said to TONGO earlier Go Dodgers!

Wasn't into his The Central Park Five doc tho, think he's better suited to long running episodic docs.

Wasn't into his The Central Park Five doc tho, think he's better suited to long running episodic docs.
I loved the documentary on the Central Park Five. To this day, I do not know why that woman went jogging in Central Park in the area she did & at that time of night. Nuts!

I loved the documentary on the Central Park Five. To this day, I do not know why that woman went jogging in Central Park in the area she did & at that time of night. Nuts!
That's something i've never thought about actually. That is insane, absolutely hate victim blaming; she shouldn't have been in that part of town if she didn't want to be raped, shift the blame onto the victim sort of thing and i know this is similar so sorry... But it happened in 1980's NYC which i'm pretty sure was one of the most dangerous cities in America (certain parts obviously) during the 80's, the City has really cleaned up and is insanely safe from violent crime for a city that size now. I've never been to NYC so i might be wrong about all of this, but either way 80's NYC was more dangerous than present day NYC i'm sure most would agree with. Crazy, awful that we are questioning why she did something wrong that led to her death; people are awful

I love anything about Vietnam. But it was tiresome streaming it here on PBS (similar to BBC) because there was a long laundry list of PBS donors read out before each episode began. So annoying. Might try again as I was looking forward to this series.
Ugh really, that must be annoying. It’s great on bbc 4 no breaks, no intros