33rd Hall of Fame

Tools    

I forgot the opening line.
A great bunch of films starting to coalesce here - very worthy, varied and interesting.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Hopefully we have a great HoF and everyone participates this time from the get go...as opposed to waiting tell the last week to post their reviews. I just don't get that.

Any more joining in? Anyone? I promise we don't smell.

Any more joining in? Anyone? I promise we don't smell.
Maybe we need to do the @ mention thing? Sometimes people just don't see a thread when they logon to MoFo, so they don't even know about it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Hopefully we have a great HoF and everyone participates this time from the get go...as opposed to waiting tell the last week to post their reviews. I just don't get that.
I agree with this. If you're going to wait forever and forever I just don't see the point of joining

Maybe we need to do the @ mention thing? Sometimes people just don't see a thread when they logon to MoFo, so they don't even know about it.
Maybe @Yoda could add a banner for the HOF when they come up. Not that I am trying to make more work for him.

I'm open to it, but would need some notice/it would have to not conflict with anything. Which is tricky because we literally just had to delay the Oscar picks banner to make room for the noir list banner!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I agree with this. If you're going to wait forever and forever I just don't see the point of joining
Um, yeah, me too. Hate that. A lot.

Maybe Yoda could add a banner for the HOF when they come up. Not that I am trying to make more work for him.
I think we're OK just using word of mouth and the @mention thing. It's worked for the last 32 HoFs

I sent a PM to the following as notice that a new Hall of Fame was starting : Allaby, CosmicRunaway, cricket, culliford, edarsenal, GulfportDoc, Hey Fredrick, James D. Gardiner, jiraffejustin, ScarletLion, skizzerflake, SpelingError, ThatDarnMKS, Thursday Next, Torgo, Wooley

If there are any possible HoFers that I've missed amongst those we can "@" them or let me know - I'd love juuuuust one more at least, but some might be waiting until the reveal to take that advantage.

I sent a PM to the following as notice that a new Hall of Fame was starting : Allaby, CosmicRunaway, cricket, culliford, edarsenal, GulfportDoc, Hey Fredrick, James D. Gardiner, jiraffejustin, ScarletLion, skizzerflake, SpelingError, ThatDarnMKS, Thursday Next, Torgo, Wooley

If there are any possible HoFers that I've missed amongst those we can "@" them or let me know - I'd love juuuuust one more at least, but some might be waiting until the reveal to take that advantage.
Try Takoma.

I fear @Takoma11 in on an extended break from the forums - but if she came and joined this Hall of Fame I'll be doing cartwheels around my living room. There's always long-shot hopes.

Here are the reveals for the films that have been nominated up to this moment. I'm pleased that we have something from the 40s, 50s, 60s 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s and 20s - we're only missing the 1970s really, and anything pre-40s. Each one of us nominated something from a different decade to the others.

So, in alphabetical order :

Aftersun (2022)

Beau Travail (1999)

God's Little Acre (1958)

A Man For All Seasons (1966)

Mona Lisa (1986)

Shoplifters (2018)

There Will Be Blood (2007)

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)

And just a final reminder to @Allaby, @CosmicRunaway, @culliford, @GulfportDoc, @Hey Fredrick, @James D. Gardiner, @jiraffejustin, @ScarletLion, @skizzerflake, @ThatDarnMKS, @Thursday Next, @Torgo, @Wooley and @Siddon, @MovieMeditation, @Wyldesyde19, @Miss Vicky, @John-Connor, @LAMb EELYAK, @MovieGal, @KeyserCorleone - extra time granted due to the two countdowns going on. Would love another nomination or two.

The trick is not minding
I’m in the middle of mandatory OT on Saturdays again, so I won’t be able to devote any time to this.

That being said, I’ve seen 5/8 of the nominations.
Haven’t seen God’s Little Acre, Beau Travail or Aftersun yet, although I certainly know of them.

Mona Lisa is one I’m sure I’ve seen, anyways. It looks familiar and sounds familiar, but….if I did, it was so long ago my memory is hazy af