Vegetarian or Non vegetarian?

Tools    

still,kids shouldn't hide what they eat from their parents.It often happens,so we think that it's normal,but it isn't.
I think we're using two different definitions of the word "normal": yours being based upon what should happen and mine being based on what actually does happen.

not sure where do you live,but in our canteen all you can find are rolls,some dietary bars,steaks,pancakes,chicken,fish,tea,and some sweets(not sure how to call them).So it would be very hard for a vegetarian to eat well in my canteen,because all the normal food (excluding rolls and various snacks) contains meat.
The vast majority of the foods served at the schools I attended contained meat, too, but they were far from healthy or balanced. In addition to the fast food vendors that were allowed to sell on campus, the cafeteria itself served high fat and high sodium items like hamburgers, hot dogs, potato chips and pizza. So I stand by my statement that I'd rather see a child being fed a vegetarian diet with the proper supplementation than eating what my schools served.

it shouldn't be a restriction,this should become a normal lifestyle.
I agree, but again, what should be and what actually is are not the same.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Im a non vegetarian. I have to admit that whenever we have a vegetarian round for dinner my mum gets annoyed as they always have to have a separate dish.

Im a non vegetarian. I have to admit that whenever we have a vegetarian round for dinner my mum gets annoyed as they always have to have a separate dish. K
In my house the meat eaters have to have a separate dish

In my house the meat eaters have to have a separate dish
When I was about 14, my sister cooked this meal. I asked her "what's in this? It tastes really good!" My sister said "there's no meat in it!" I was really *issed off The bad thing though, I really liked it

vegetarian

Omnivore.

Love meat, love vegetables.

Love good vegetarian cooking, but Sundays just wouldn't be the same without a roast chicken and some paxo.

A system of cells interlinked
Omnivore...but I try not to eat meat everyday....

vegetarians make very bad soldiers .

if you cant stand killing of animals then how can you stand killing of humans in war ??

jainism is the only all vegetarian religion in the world . naturally , no jain ever joins the armed forces .

vegetarianism robs you of killer instinct---that's what i have observed .

if you cant stand killing of animals then how can you stand killing of humans in war ??
Because the killing of animals is not, strictly speaking, crucial for survival. The killing of other humans may be, or may be done as an indirect form of self-defense, or to preserve some other ideal. I think it's the largely elective nature of eating meat that most vegetarians object to.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't think there's an inherent conflict here.

Because the killing of animals is not, strictly speaking, crucial for survival. The killing of other humans may be, or may be done as an indirect form of self-defense, or to preserve some other ideal. I think it's the largely elective nature of eating meat that most vegetarians object to.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't think there's an inherent conflict here.
my country ( india ) has a lot of vegetarians ( about 30 percent of indians are veggies ) and most of them are cowards .

when i was in medical college , many of these veggies used to faint while dissecting bodies in the anatomy dissection hall .

vegetarianism naturally leads to effeteness and an overly pacifist attitude .

I am not a vegetarian. In fact I am debating getting a steak today.
Would you like a cake? I've got a lot of lard laying around.

I'm not a vegetarian, but this thread is kind of sickening. The hilarious thing is that you have people saying things like "vegetarians try to force their opinions on everyone else" and then you have people who say that they are actually mad at vegetarians. My sister and mom have both been vegetarians for about 2 years now, and they have not had any health problems. In fact, my mom has said that her wrist used to hurt all the time, and she hasn't felt it since she stopped eating meat. I know several other vegetarians who have had no problems, and I don't know a vegetarian who has. It's also been proven that vegetarians live longer on average. How much of that is from vegetarianism is still up for debate, but in this day and age, it's pretty ridiculous to say that vegetarians aren't healthy. Yes, vegetarianism can cause problems, but if you're not stupid about it and you aren't an incredibly picky eater (which I am) then you can easily be just as healthy as a meat-eater.

Also, that story about the kid who couldn't eat meat at home so he snuck it at school is a completely bullsh!t argument. Yes, those parents are awful, but I'm sure you could find several more stories about parents who wouldn't let their child become a vegetarian, but that isn't reported on because nobody cares about vegetarians. You can't just use little pieces of anecdotal evidence of a vegetarian being bad to prove that all vegetarians are bad. And yeah, as Miss Vicky said, I would much rather have my kid be a vegetarian than eating the crap food they have at schools.

And anyone who says that there is no moral basis for not eating meat is an idiot. Harmless animals are dying for your pleasure. You don't have to eat meat, but you are, at the expense of innocent lives. Yeah "it's just a dumb animal and they're tasty," but that doesn't mean killing them for pleasure isn't awful. And yes, it is basically just for pleasure. You can live a good life without it, as I explained earlier, but you like the taste. They feel pain. They don't enjoy dying just so you can have a marginally better taste in your mouth. Who cares if they''re ugly? You're ugly. Does that mean it's okay to kill you? No, because I'm not a cruel person who determines an animals worth based on how cute they look. Not to mention the horrible conditions they have to live in before they're slaughtered, which I hope nobody needs to be convinced is awful.

I don't even think I need to address the kids in Africa argument. If you don't see how that's really f**king stupid, there's something wrong with you.

Again, I'm not a vegetarian, and I'm not trying to convince you to become one, believe it or not. If you are one, that's great for you, and I do recommend it to everyone. Usually I would be more sympathetic to meat-eaters, but this thread got me really pissed off, and I hate the way that "animal rights activist" has become a dirty word.

The only problem with Vegetarians is they always need help crossing roads, getting in and out of chairs, up and down stairs and lifting anything that weighs more than a shoebox.

I'd hate to be a Vegetarian around Christmastime.

Imagine how crap Christmas would be when you don't have any friends...

Oh Rodent, the quality of your sarcasm is too damn high.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood