MoFo Outlaws Thread

Tools    

Originally Posted by Django
I basically see it as an elaborate mechanism whereby Yoda is able to silence his enemies--i.e. whoever he perceives to be his enemies. "Miraculously", anyone who is at odds with him or whom he perceives to be threatening, suddenly develops a really bad reputation in here.
This would be a very good point, if the other people I've argued with on a regular basis all had similarly tainted reputations. But they don't. Most have reputations greater than or comparable to mine.

And you just carry on and on and on repeating yourself!
Thanks for making my point yet again. Come back when you've got an actual argument. Until that day comes, you're just a child with his fingers stuck in his ears.

I See You When You're Sleeping
In reality Django, nobody really cares about the reputation system, it's just a bit of fun. Does it really matter that you get less reputation points than anyone else - really?

If it does, complain to www.getalife.com

BANNED
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
See, I'd almost agree with you Django if it were not for one thing. Yoda has only 2 green rep boxes under his name. If he were so "unjust undemocratic, and elitist" as you say, wouldn't he give himself the maximum amount of points from the begining? As it is, the system has been in place for what, two maybe three months now? And he has only just recieved his latest green icon. Explain this to me, preferably in relation to how you claim the system is rigged, and how you came into inheriting so many demerits.
Well, that isn't saying very much. Yoda can't give himself reputation points. And since his own voice is the most influential in the system, that kind of works against him. The system is still weighted and undemocratic, allowing Yoda to call the shots, ultimately.

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
Be that as it may, do you really think that you are a valued member here, reputation system aside?
I think there are people in here who agree with me and who perceive me as a friend. The issue I have with Yoda and you is that you two have, in the past, as well as currently, resorted to underhanded means to malign me in this forum. You guys have done more than your share to damage my reputation by the sorts of tactics you have resorted to in the past, and now, with the biased, weighted reputation point system, what Yoda is doing, essentially, is lying to the public--claiming that my reputation in here is really bad, whereas, in actual fact, it isn't so bad. The reality is that Yoda and Silver Bullet have been hard at work damaging and undermining my credibility for so long that in the minds of many people, my image has been seriously jeopardized. So, in short, I don't believe that my reputation in the forum is as bad as the rigged, fallacious reputation point system makes it out to be, and, secondly, whatever damage my reputation has, in fact, sustained, has been largely thanks to the efforts of Yoda and Silver Bullet at undermining my credibility and image in here. My position is that if I keep silent over this issue, it will carry on--Yoda and Silver Bullet and whoever else will continue to malign me behind my back. If I protest, I get criticized for "whining" or "making a nuisance of myself". The same thing with arguing with Yoda. If I reply to Yoda's endless finicky criticisms and contentions, I get criticized for cluttering up the forum with nonsense. If I ignore Yoda, Yoda criticizes me for evasion. So it looks like a no-win situation. Yoda seems to pretty much do what he likes and get away with it, whereas all the blame and criticism seems to fall on me (as I see it). What is the motive for this elaborate set-up seemingly designed to damage me in the forum? I can only surmise that it is a) political and b) racial, judging from the sorts of things that Yoda has himself said in the past. Yoda has clearly revealed himself to have right-wing political inclinations (that is unquestionable) and has often given himself away to being biased, prejudiced and even racist, to a degree. To what degree, I can't say. Yoda has a knack for rationalizing and legitimizing everything he does, and there is no denying his skill at debate and rhetoric. However, I question his actions and his motives--he doesn't ring true in much of what he has done in here. The fact is that he has gone out of his way to undermine my credibility by abusing his admin privileges. Sure, he owns and operates the forum, but that doesn't mean he can mess around with peoples' credibility and reputation or deny their right to free expression. Owning a forum means allowing people to freely express themselves. It seems that Yoda is under the impression that I want to stage a coup d'etat in here, based on certain heated remarks I have made in the past. This attitude of his strikes me as being absurd and paranoid in the extreme, as the last thing on my mind is engaging in petty politics--in a friggin' movie forum to boot! I mean, who cares! All I want is to freely express myself and converse and debate the issues with friends (and enemies) without being unjustly maligned and humiliated by a biased, prejudiced forum administrator seemingly intent on nursing a malicious grudge against me. If I can't get that from in here, I'll leave (yet again!).

If I can't get that from in here, I'll leave (yet again!).
You can't. Good. Go.

My life isn't written very well.
Well, that isn't saying very much. Yoda can't give himself reputation points. And since his own voice is the most influential in the system, that kind of works against him. The system is still weighted and undemocratic, allowing Yoda to call the shots, ultimately.
I'm sorry, I'm having a little trouble with what you're saying. Are you saying that Yoda can't give himself reputation points, but if he could, that would work against him? I don't follow.

And your last statement, "The system is still weighted and undemocratic, allowing Yoda to call the shots, ultimately." If this is what you believe then what's your beef with Silver and Cait'? Also Silver only has two green boxes beside his post count--he's not allowed to give himself points either, so how is he involved in this great cover-up?

Am I stupid? I just don't get what he's saying here....

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Wow. I've just been accused of rationalizing by someone who believes that they are disliked because I have enacted a grand conspiracy to subtly discredit them over the course of many months, successfully fooling dozens of intelligent onlookers in the process.

My life isn't written very well.
Perhaps the one thing that's missing, in order for Django's accusations to make sense to me, is the answer to one simple question:

Why would Yoda want to ruin you, out of all the members here?

Wait, let's do it this way:

List five one-word reasons why anyone--anyone would want to ruin your reputation on this site.

Django:
he doesn't ring true in much of what he has done in here.
Examples of this please.

Django:
The fact is that he has gone out of his way to undermine my credibility by abusing his admin privileges.
The FACT is that YOU'VE gone out of your way to prove to everyone here that you're a self absorbed and childish lunatic.

Django:
Sure, he owns and operates the forum, but that doesn't mean he can mess around with peoples' credibility and reputation or deny their right to free expression.
Is anyone home in that vacant space between your ears? This is exactly the same as saying "Sure, Yoda owns that house, but he can't keep me from taking a dump on the living room rug because, dammit, THAT is ME expressing myself."

Django:
in a friggin' movie forum to boot! I mean, who cares!
Your whole MoFo experience has been about you caring. If you didn't, you would have....

Django:
If I can't get that from in here, I'll leave (yet again!).
Your leaving is the elusive Holy Grail to us.

If you dangle a carrot in front of a donkey's face long enough and you don't give him the carrot, eventually he's going to turn around and give you both feet in the guts.

BANNED
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
I'm sorry, I'm having a little trouble with what you're saying. Are you saying that Yoda can't give himself reputation points, but if he could, that would work against him? I don't follow.

And your last statement, "The system is still weighted and undemocratic, allowing Yoda to call the shots, ultimately." If this is what you believe then what's your beef with Silver and Cait'? Also Silver only has two green boxes beside his post count--he's not allowed to give himself points either, so how is he involved in this great cover-up?

Am I stupid? I just don't get what he's saying here....
What I'm saying is that the reputation point system is fraudulent and biased. It is undemocratic because it is weighted. In the end, what it does is lie to the public--it makes a claim regarding an individual's popularity and reputation, whereas, in fact, it is wildly inaccurate, as it allows a minority of people to exercise undue control over the reputations of others. This fact has already been demonstrated by Piddzilla, yourself and others, when they have drawn attention to the fact that their voices do not count for much while Yoda's opinion exercises undue influence. This is hardly democratic or equitable from any rational perspective. In short, the reputation point system is FRAUDULENT AND DISHONEST because it gives the impression that it is an indicator of public opinion, whereas, in actual fact, it is, basically, primarily an indicator of Yoda's opinion.

Originally Posted by Sir Toose
Examples of this please.
Examples include his denial of personal racism, his evasion of responsibility for Silver Bullet's underhanded tactics (resulting from admin privileges granted to him by Yoda, obviously), his often flagrantly biased and lopsided administration of the forum including his frequent failure to uphold justice and equanimity in here, his singling out of people who disagree with him for relentless interrogation over pointless trivialities, etc. Basically, I come on this forum to engage in a little light-hearted discussion on the issues and movies, and, instead, I have to deal with Yoda's underhanded tactics at undermining my stance and position in here time and again. That gets to be a drag, to say the least.

The FACT is that YOU'VE gone out of your way to prove to everyone here that you're a self absorbed and childish lunatic.
The fact is that I have to bring attention to the fraudulent, biased nature of the reputation point system, because it is damaging my credibility on this forum, and, in my opinion, that is a part of Yoda's ongoing strategy to undermine my position and marginalize my voice.

Is anyone home in that vacant space between your ears? This is exactly the same as saying "Sure, Yoda owns that house, but he can't keep me from taking a dump on the living room rug because, dammit, THAT is ME expressing myself."
Yoda may be the owner and administrator of the forum, but this is a FORUM--a venue for free and open self-expression. If one of the pre-requisites of participating in this forum is that you have to agree with or be a friend of the forum admin, then it ceases to be a free and open venue of discussion, becoming, instead, a group of yes-men getting together on a regular basis. Fact is, because of my opinion on a number of issues, I am being hassled by the forum admin one way or another, in an ongoing attempt to drive me out of here--to silence me and deny me my privelege of free and honest self-expression. Because I criticized Yoda for doing so previously, he seems to have now resorted to subtler, underhanded tactics of achieving the same thing. All I am arguing for are some basic rights as a free participant of a forum. Yoda is abusing his admin priveleges. As I said once before, if what Yoda wants is a forum of yes-men, he should state, as one of the qualifiers upon joining the forum, that one of the pre-requisites of participating in the forum is agreement/friendship with the forum admin. Basically, as forum admin, Yoda should be regulating profanity and obscenity in the forum in order to maintain certain standards pertaining to content. Instead, he is abusing his authority to pursue personal vendettas against people he personally happens to dislike for whatever reason. That is the essence of my argument against him.

Your whole MoFo experience has been about you caring. If you didn't, you would have....
Sure, I care. But, in the end, this is only a movie forum! Not exactly the most important thing in life.

Your leaving is the elusive Holy Grail to us.
Well, if I'm not welcome, I will leave! Who needs this crap anyway!

But I'll leave protesting the racism, bias and fraudulent practices of the forum admin and the fact that this forum is hardly a venue for free and honest self-expression--being, rather, a place lacking credibility--where standards are frequently compromised--where you are hounded and persecuted depending on the views you express or your ethnic origins or whether or not you happen to be a close buddy of the forum admin--a person who happens to be seriously lacking in honor and integrity, to say the very least.

BANNED
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
You do, Uday. Admit it.
No, you do!

Django… not one time have you been a victim of racism on this forum…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Well, if I'm not welcome, I will leave!

"Come here, Django! Come through the door! I'll put you on a leash and teach you a new kink! I'll give you a bone! Come out, Django!"

You know what? I've got plenty of questions you've been dodging for months, and lots of psychological theories to explain your behavior, but if all you say is true, then you should have no trouble at all convincing everyone here of it.

I think I'll sit back for awhile and watch them analyze and dissect your claims on their own for a bit.

Examples include his denial of personal racism, his evasion of responsibility for Silver Bullet's underhanded tactics (resulting from admin privileges granted to him by Yoda, obviously), his often flagrantly biased and lopsided administration of the forum including his frequent failure to uphold justice and equanimity in here, his singling out of people who disagree with him for relentless interrogation over pointless trivialities, etc.
Personal racism? You're going to have to cite some examples because I've never seen it. Enlighten us please. As for Silver, he's been a contributing member of this site for a long time. His vision and art over time have earned him moderator status here. Yoda said from your beginning that he didn't support Silver's methods of dealing with you but the overwhelming majority of folks here think that you bring it on yourself. You want to know something hilarious? I disagree with Yoda on a lot of things. Go read some threads that don't have your name on them and you will see how baseless and silly some of your accusations are. Silver is much the same way, particularly regarding politics. Go see for yourself because to the people who have been here for a long time you're looking pretty silly with all of your baseless accusations. People don't like YOU because of the way you act. Don't make an international conspiracy out of it. Fix it.

Basically, I come on this forum to engage in a little light-hearted discussion on the issues and movies, and, instead, I have to deal with Yoda's underhanded tactics at undermining my stance and position in here time and again. That gets to be a drag, to say the least.

YOU don't have a stance or position here! This is something that is earned over time. Since your inception as a member here all you've done is make waves and piss people off and you want respect for it. I personally warned you that you were headed in this direction and I tried to be nice to you but you won't have anything to do with logic, reason, kindness (Cait even green dotted you) etc. You want everything on YOUR terms and it's not going to happen. Everything is give and take and all you've done so far is take.

The fact is that I have to bring attention to the fraudulent, biased nature of the reputation point system, because it is damaging my credibility on this forum, and, in my opinion, that is a part of Yoda's ongoing strategy to undermine my position and marginalize my voice.
What you don't seem to grasp is that your 'reputation' was in the dumpster before the introduction of the point system. You posted a popularity poll that didn't go the way you wanted it to and you spun that somehow in your mind to support your wacked out theory that the MoFo admin is oppressive to you. Every member has tried to be nice to you and welcome you while you are all the while crapping on our board. Yoda needs not undermine your credibility, you do a fine job of that all by yourself.

Yoda may be the owner and administrator of the forum, but this is a FORUM--a venue for free and open self-expression.
You're still here, aren't you? Expressing freely? What has Yoda stopped you from saying? Despite my wishes to ban you, despite the wishes of several other to ban you, Yoda has allowed you to maintain your membership. This in itself is proof of his innocence. Your red dots have occurred because the forum members do not agree with you. You are trying to pit the whole forum against Yoda and it's NOT going to work for you. Get off it. Read the threads, particularly the ones where Yoda argues with folks BEFORE you got here. I am a moderator here despite my differing opinions with him.

If one of the pre-requisites of participating in this forum is that you have to agree with or be a friend of the forum admin, then it ceases to be a free and open venue of discussion, becoming, instead, a group of yes-men getting together on a regular basis.
The ONLY rule\pre-requisite of this forum is that you understand the basic rules of human interaction. This incorporates give and take. It incorporates the spot light having room for many. We don't need a drama queen who is always vying for the spotlight. If you have something of value to say then say it and move on. You keep saying you're here for light-hearted discussion and yet it is ALWAYS you who starts all the crap.

Fact is, because of my opinion on a number of issues, I am being hassled by the forum admin one way or another, in an ongoing attempt to drive me out of here--to silence me and deny me my privelege of free and honest self-expression.
Did you read my 'house' analogy? Also THE FORUM ADMIN IS THE ONLY ONE WHO REFUSES TO BAN YOUR MEMBERSHIP!!! HOW IS THAT AN ATTEMPT TO SILENCE YOU?

Because I criticized Yoda for doing so previously, he seems to have now resorted to subtler, underhanded tactics of achieving the same thing. All I am arguing for are some basic rights as a free participant of a forum.
Horsesh*t. You bring it all down on yourself. I don't agree with Yoda on many things, as I've re-iterated many times for you. One of them is allowing you to maintain your membership. How many threads and polls did I start to get Yoda to do what I wanted him to do? I have to accept that this is Yoda's house and the call is his. You will have to do the same.

Yoda is abusing his admin priveleges. As I said once before, if what Yoda wants is a forum of yes-men, he should state, as one of the qualifiers upon joining the forum, that one of the pre-requisites of participating in the forum is agreement/friendship with the forum admin.
You need to shut the f*ck up about the yes men thing. This forum has never been anything like that. The simple fact is that you are so egotistical that you can't take the fact that the vast majority of members can't stand the way you act. You can't accept that it is YOU who is flawed and you are trying as hard as you can to make it Yoda's fault. It's not Yoda's fault, it is your fault. You are delusional.

Basically, as forum admin, Yoda should be regulating profanity and obscenity in the forum in order to maintain certain standards pertaining to content. Instead, he is abusing his authority to pursue personal vendettas against people he personally happens to dislike for whatever reason. That is the essence of my argument against him.
I see your actions as profanity and obscenity and you are still here. I agree with you, he isn't doing his job.

Sure, I care. But, in the end, this is only a movie forum! Not exactly the most important thing in life.
Whatever. The very core of your existence is being altered by the evil demon Yoda.

Well, if I'm not welcome, I will leave! Who needs this crap anyway!
Door is that way. Have a nice life.

But I'll leave protesting the racism, bias and fraudulent practices of the forum admin and the fact that this forum is hardly a venue for free and honest self-expression--being, rather, a place lacking credibility--where standards are frequently compromised--where you are hounded and persecuted depending on the views you express or your ethnic origins or whether or not you happen to be a close buddy of the forum admin--a person who happens to be seriously lacking in honor and integrity, to say the very least.
You're the only one who sees it that way. Personally, I feel hounded by you and your bullsh*t methods.

That last sentence clearly defines you to me. I'm not going to rehash what I already said.

Oh, and you always accuse Yoda of repeating things? Your entire existence here has been nothing but the repetition of the theme that you are somehow being persecuted. Most of your statements have been addressed multitudes of times and you keep saying the same crap. Do you read what others are saying at all, or do you just start typing?

Damn, that was a good post on my part. How's that for internet ego? Boo-Yah!

edit*
Just looked at my rep and Sedai gave me rep for this one. Thanks Sedai!

A system of cells interlinked
Well deserved I must say....

You ready? You look ready.
I can't believe I missed this kid. What a piece of work. Lot worse then I thought he was made out to be. Oh well, everyone misses something now and then.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza