The Videogames Tab

Tools    

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
I've searched and asked and haven't gotten a satisfactory answer so maybe one of you may know something about this issue. Perhaps it's a rare problem because I'm one of the few who both uses an Xbox 360 wired controller and routinely shuts down their PC. At any rate, when I boot my machine my controller goes on and I can find no way to turn it off other than to enter a game then exit it. I suppose I can unplug it, but I wonder if that's any better than how I'm handling things now.

there's a frog in my snake oil
I've searched and asked and haven't gotten a satisfactory answer so maybe one of you may know something about this issue. Perhaps it's a rare problem because I'm one of the few who both uses an Xbox 360 wired controller and routinely shuts down their PC. At any rate, when I boot my machine my controller goes on and I can find no way to turn it off other than to enter a game then exit it. I suppose I can unplug it, but I wonder if that's any better than how I'm handling things now.
I'm using a wireless so not sure. (My issue is it failing to turn off - have to pop the batteries out and in).

Is it such a biggie if it's turned on? Other than wasting electricity?

A system of cells interlinked
There are two ways to access the smith - get the key by defeating a boss at the end of a brutal PVP zone (booooo) or figure out the way to get to him without the key, which can be done as soon as you get to Bastille...A mob even gives you a hint as to how to do it!

There are two ways to access the smith - get the key by defeating a boss at the end of a brutal PVP zone (booooo) or figure out the way to get to him without the key, which can be done as soon as you get to Bastille...A mob even gives you a hint as to how to do it!
Would this be eagle end or boat end, oh mysterious floating voice?

I missed it first time through, but at one point I ended up exploring back around the other way, I think even after I beat the Sentinels, and I saw something that sort of seemed out of place just sitting there. I just gave it a wee nudge...

I know where it is in the level, but forget which entry point it is closest to. I think a bit before it, there is a big wooden platform with a big mob on it you can kind of knock down or something? It's in that vicinity...You can see into the room you want to get to through a locked bar door...One of the more important smiths in the game after a while...

I missed it first time through, but at one point I ended up exploring back around the other way, I think even after I beat the Sentinels, and I saw something that sort of seemed out of place just sitting there. I just gave it a wee nudge...

I know where it is in the level, but forget which entry point it is closest to. I think a bit before it, there is a big wooden platform with a big mob on it you can kind of knock down or something? It's in that vicinity...You can see into the room you want to get to through a locked bar door...One of the more important smiths in the game after a while...
Ah ok cool, will keep an eye out Had heard about him, and made sure not to snaffle the Pursuer's soul, as quite fancy his weapon

Also intrigued by the buyer Tatty mentioned in the Wharf. Although I've gone and discarded all my duplicate kit as I assumed the game wasn't into that trading malarky. Hey ho.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm thinking we make a Dark Souls thread.

VFN - As golg says, does it matter? The wireless controllers have an auto shutoff to save battery life, I've never seen a wired controller of any ilk which can be turned off.

golg - Your prayers are answered! http://xbstart.info/

It's main job is to navigate the W8 start screen with your pad but if you hold down the Xbox button for a few seconds it shuts the pad down. There's also the Xbox 360 controller manager which does less things, but still has the shutdown feature - I used it for years until finding out about XBStart.

http://pety.me/XboxExt/ - Xbox controller manager

I ended up activating the wharf ship and leaving before i fully explored the area, but i went back later and found the vendor when i scoured the area more for loot. I like loot.

A caveat: The vendor moves after you access him the first time, and then again each additional time you access him in each area he moves to (usually a totally different zone). I have run into him a few times, but he ran off again, and I haven't seen him again yet...Hopefulyl he chills out and picks a home, soon!

Psst, click on the barrel to enter a new realm

Maybe even port our latest gabble over too using your mod magic?

I was thinking about that but don't think I can. Moving threads, yeah. Deleting posts, hell yeah!

Unless there's a Mod tool I'm missing I can't move individual posts...

Aaanyway. GOG/CDPR - Simply, as Tina Turner (a big World of Tanks player apparently) said, the best.

Earlier this year we got shown the latest COD games players can get their hands on. I have not really played a COD game since the days of MW3. I tried to get into Black Ops but disliked it and I didn't even bother with Ghosts.

One thing that drew me to Advanced Warfare was the inclusion of Kevin Spacey within it, call me a sucker but he is one of those actors that I think "if he is in it there has to be something to it", here is a trailer (which I think is one of the best they have made).

I really cannot wait to play this and hope to see more at E3 next week.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
As golg says, does it matter? The wireless controllers have an auto shutoff to save battery life, I've never seen a wired controller of any ilk which can be turned off.
Well, I can shut it off by going into a game and exiting, but I understand your point. Thanks to Golgot for replying as well.

Chris is a mod, and he can move individual posts.
Chris is the Mother/Father mod. He moves through the code like digital green spaghetti.

It's actually in a little pull-down menu and I totally missed it. My eyes get drawn to 'Delete' and 'Ban' so it's an easy mistake to make.

Although ... according to Our Glorious Leader, the oldest moved post automatically becomes the first post in the new thread (if the thread is newer than the moved post) so it'd muck things up a bit.

EDIT - Anyway, I took a break from dying over and over again and have been hugely enjoying Trials Fusion, where you die over and over again.

The Trials games are wonderful and, while Fusion is basically Trials Evolution In Teh Futzorz it doesn't run like total drek on PC like its predecessor did.

I am really amazed!!! must order game.

- - - Updated - - -

The collector's edition is also epic. Everything for $47.99 if you own Witcher I & II

You will get..
Base edition content
Extended game soundtrack
Dark horse comic
Concept artworks
The Witcher Adventure Game multiplayer closed beta access... for two!
Neverwinter Nights™ available for immediate download
The Witcher: House of Glass digital comic book available for FREE

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt comes out February 24th! Pre-order your copy now!
___

WARNING: "img" spoilers below

Witcher 3 Gifs

___

Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed To 2015

The Witcher is a special franchise. They're rare games - Passion projects with the budget to see the developers' vision to the end. I can't imagine an EA, a Ubisoft or even a Bethesda making them and if they did they'd surely be DLC-ridden, console-compromised Game of Thrones clones.

They're also games I want to own physical copies of.