What Would You Put In ____'s Definitive Collection?

Tools    

OK, I snagged this idea from another board, but I'm going to alter it a bit. Each week I will name a new Actor, Director, Producer, or Genre, and you will post what you wish to be in that collection. As we all know, there is no set number to the amount of DVDs that come in boxed sets. To make this a bit easier, I'm setting the allowed number of DVDs to be no less than four, but no greater than seven.

We will begin with . . .

Alfred Hitchcock ~ The Director

Rebecca (1940)

Notorious (1946)

Dial M for Murder (1954)

Rear Window (1954)

North by Northwest (1959)

Psycho (1960)

The Birds (1963)

I'd like to give a nod to Strangers on a Train (1951).

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'll bite: these aren't necessarily my faves or what I consider the best, but they're all interesting and might be missed by some otherwise. Of course, that makes them all essential and, um... definitive.

There are obviously many more, but if you haven't seen all of these, you need to see more Hitch.

Hey Destiny no Vertigo? then it's not a definitive collection
In my opinion, Vertigo is real good, but not great. I'd be curious to see what's in your definitive collection. Mainly because you've put The Birds before all other Hitchcock films.

I definitely own a LOT of Hitchcock flicks.

Banned from Hollywood.
In my opinion, Vertigo is real good, but not great. I'd be curious to see what's in your definitive collection. Mainly because you've put The Birds before all other Hitchcock films.

The Birds is my personal favorite Hitchcock movie (for many reasons)...Of course he has made better movies, I do not deny it.

OK, I'll throw out a new name to get things going again. How about a "definitive" Humphrey Bogart set?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
OK, Each week I will name a new Actor, Director, Producer, or Genre, and you will post what you wish to be in that collection.
If Des doesn't want the job of naming something new every week, I'll take over.

I am half agony, half hope.
Okay, Humphrey Bogart...

The Caine Mutiny
The African Queen
Dark Passage
Casablanca
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
The Maltese Falcon
To Have and Have Not

Johann von Goethe

If Des doesn't want the job of naming something new every week, I'll take over.
No, I'd rather it stay random. Where someone new makes one up each week. Whoever does, should also make a list for each famous person mentioned, or at least the bulk of them. You haven't made one up for either person.