Best and worst biography movies

Tools    

Even though this topic has been done to death here, I can't believe two pages of films have been posted without mention of Coal Miner's Daughter, one of the best biopics ever made.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I cant remember if I mentioned Charlie Wilson's War. One of my favourites.
Captain Phillips

I cant remember if I mentioned Charlie Wilson's War. One of my favourites.
Captain Phillips
I didn't think of those. I dig 'em, too.
That final scene in captain Phillips is mind blowing isn't it.

I don't actually wear pants.
It's a great way to end it. I wonder how much they fabricate? But, yeah, Captain Philips is an incredibly tense film. Charlie Wilson's War is more methodical, but I still dig it. Really can't go wrong with either film.

It's a great way to end it. I wonder how much they fabricate? But, yeah, Captain Philips is an incredibly tense film. Charlie Wilson's War is more methodical, but I still dig it. Really can't go wrong with either film.
Oh yeah how about Gus telling Charlie he had to get money to rebuild infrastructure or else... Hooley Dooley and he was spot on.

I don't know about best or worst - I don't generally judge such films on their accuracy. I think anyone who watches a film that is based on true events/actual people with the expectation of actually learning something is a fool.

Milk
Dallas Buyers Club
Walk the Line
A Beautiful Mind
Schindler's List
The Aviator
Bronson
Kinsey
The Wolf of Wall Street
The Libertine

I don't remember that scene. It's been a while since I watched Charlie Wilson's War.
It's before he gets his award. Gust tells him it's not over by a long shot; they need money for hospitals, schools, roads etc. He gives the new demo details of young -v- old, and the amount of crazies flooding in over the borders. Charlie makes an attempt for more funding and fails.
Worth just seeing that scene again for PSH's speech.

The Pursuit of Happyness

... about Chris Gardener (true story) played by Will Smith

The truth is in here
I'll just go ahead and say it right now:

I actually liked All Eyez On Me.

I know it's been getting a lot of criticism for not delving deep enough and leaving out details, but I thought it was a fun and fascinating portrayal of what kind of man Tupac was. And they got the perfect guy to play the role.
At first I'll admit it it has a pretty slow middle, but as it went along it settled in better and better. Not anywhere near a top 10 biography flick, but pretty entertaining, and felt like a breath of fresh air after the movie I had seen before it (Alien: Covenant...).

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Best: Hotel Rwanda, Amadeus, The City of Life and Death, The Untouchables

Worst: United Passions. I don't even know if this can be counted as a biography, it's just propaganda. Plain and simple.