What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

So I take it you liked Whip It then, Cait? I've seen the preview on a couple of other dvds and it looked interesting, I'll have to check it out.

So I take it you liked Whip It then, Cait? I've seen the preview on a couple of other dvds and it looked interesting, I'll have to check it out.
At the risk of getting heckled by HK and Juno, I don't think I would ever call Whip It a great film... it was good, but not great. I have younger cousins who stay with me off and on who loved it though so I always keep something here for them to watch...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The People's Republic of Clogher

I graze through Amazon's special offers every few weeks - Ł5.99

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
A Single Man

I see that the 'and why' of the thread title is optional, but here's why - I went to Blockbuster to rent a film. I saw this one and picked it up, it being something I'd wanted to see. I then walked past the 'preowned movies' section and saw a whole stack of them. It cost Ł4 to rent and Ł5 to buy so I bought it. I thought that at the very least it would save me having to take it back to the shop the next day. And it turned out to be a very good film that I'm happy to have in my collection.

More of a second chance than a great choice on my behalf, to be honest, and being one of Amazon's free postage specials, The New World II: We've Hired A Writer This Time will probably be out.

I picked up the following at the pawn shop for 1.69 the other day: Field of Dreams, Fever Pitch, Catch Me If You Can, Office Space.

Also picked up Bubba Ho-Tep (my last copy was scratched pretty badly when I loaned it out) at a flea market for $3.33.

The last movie I bought was Macgruber because I forgot to rent it at Blockbuster so I bought it at Best Buy lol.

I also bought 3 awesome tv shows:

The Unusuals - Great cop show with Jeremy Renner

Norm - Norm Macdonald's classic sitcom

Skins - I am way behind I now own volumes 1-3 but I have only watched the 1st four episodes of season 1.

Everyone should own a copy of Glengarry Glen Ross. Heck, buy two copies and play them on two TVs with a slight delay.

It sounds like you live in a really big house. Honest.

Asides from being a fine adaptation of a fine play, with Little Shouty Al & Co on top form, it's also as good an introduction as any into the work of David Mamet.