What Is Your Favorite Michael Bay Movie?

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I will + rep you for responding, but you missed my point because you apparently cannot understand and accept it. Doesn't mean I'm right; just that I should be allowed to say something which makes COMPLETE sense to me.

Transformers (2007) i have seen first time any michael bay's movie. i really enjoy this.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I go for The Rock, too. It's a good movie!!!

And yes, as much as you all will laugh at me, I also enjoy The Island. Obviously because I enjoy Sean Bean, most probably. Besides, that movie started out rather interestingly, and I liked the premise, but it did go off a bit...and the final payoff sucked royally.

I know so many people that liked Transformers. I liked the mother. That was about it.

these are my fav Michael Bay Movie .these are precise and adorable movie :-

Bad Boys (1995)
The Rock (1996)

A system of cells interlinked
You mean the easiest to tolerate? I don't think favorite applies here...

Damn, I just looked at his catalog, and I don't like even one of his flicks...

Oh well!

Transformers and just recently the Eagle Eye..

The Island was pretty cool actually.

A system of cells interlinked
I hated The Island. It lifted from just about every sci-fi film before it, and the product placement was sickening. The guy can certainly shoot action, but, that screenplay was laughable.

You're a Genius all the time
Michael Bay makes bad movies, sure, but I think the majority of them are in the upper echelon of the big, brainless bad movie spectrum. I've been watching bits of Armageddon a lot lately because it seems to be showing on a nonstop loop on TBS or whatever and I think I actually kind of like it. If you can get past the hamfisted acting, the sappy and melodramatic love story, the sporadically lame/jumpy action sequences and the overall inanity that pervades every scene, it's an okay movie. Like The Island, you can't say a lot of good on behalf of any of Bay's flicks, but they do have a breezy sort of quality to them. They're totally unpretentious and I don't think they're a chore to sit through at all. Michael Bay is a bad director, yeah, but at least he's self-aware enough to know what he is and just accept it.

Originally Posted by from the Armageddon Criterion Collection DVD commentary

BEN AFFLECK: Hey, Michael, wouldn't it have made more sense for NASA to train astronauts how to drill instead of teaching oil rig operators how to be astronauts?

MICHAEL BAY: Shut up.

I see on his imdb profile he directed 'Playboy Video Centerfold: Kerri Kendall' in 1990 that went straight to video. I've never seen it, but I am sure I'd like it the best.

Royale With Cheese
My Favourite michael bay movie is the rock!

the rest arent that bad if your having a night in with your mates and not thinking about it after words because there not exactly riviting pieces of cinema..... sorry michael

It's really easy to make fun of Micahel Bay and I think it's become a bit of a cliche for cinephiles to pick on him. It would be pretty lame if all directors strove to make movies according to the critically established guidelines for what is quality in cinema. Popcorn movies absolutely have their place, and I think Michael Bay is one of best examples of pure, "mindless," popcorn action movies (a genre that I believe is responsible for getting a lot of us film fanatics into movies in the first place). I highly recommend reading the booklet in the Criterion edition for Armageddon, written by Jeanine Basinger, a film professer at Wesleyan University.It just might give some people a new appreciation for Bay's particular place in American movies. http://www.criterion.com/current/posts/48
His work won't win anything at Cannes, but the people love it and it's my feeling that there's a little Michael Bay fan in all of us. When I first saw Transformers in the theaters (my favorite one of his, to respond to the thread's actual question) I felt like a kid falling in love with movies for the first time, again.

I know not where Michael Bay comes from...only that he holds the power to create worlds. And fill them with life.

Pearl Harbor
The Rock
Bad Boys

The Rock definitely. It's a solid action movie.

I cannot believe this thread exists. And what's worse, I can easily choose one.

Ok, here we go. Loud and proud, right? I... I kinda like...

I actually kind of love Armageddon. I said love... Armageddon. Not joking. I'll get going now.

I cannot believe this thread exists.
And yet you clearly were hoping that it did, seeing as you had to have searched for it to be able to drag it back up after 4 years.

As for the topic, I have to go with The Rock since it's the only one I've actually seen.