The Best Christmas Present Ever

Tools    

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i am just so thrilled that i finally get to spill my secret. not only did i have kevin home for christmas, we got THE best christmas present together. we are expecting our first child and i am due 4th of july. we kept this so secret for the whole month anxious to tell our families, but we wanted to wait til he was home to reveal it. i have been extremely lucky so far: i had just 2 mornings of nausea and just bad backaches. not only i am i due in july, kevin is due to get out of the army in june. yes i am worried about how i am going to include him in dr's visits but my midwife has reassured me that wont happen. just wanted to spill my secret finally. now onto pics...

this is me and kevin on the day we told my family...

kevin and our ''oldest'' brat, LiL Man. i had the brat since he was 6 weeks old and he is very spoiled. kevin calls him a mama's dog. as i type this, he is laid across my tummy sleeping. i hope he does well with a baby in the house

here is Baby Peanut.. in the first ultrasound, i heard and saw and fell in love with the baby at first sight.

the website and several people i love like family even though i seriously doubt we will meet in person. just be ready for alot updates from me on this. this is my first baby and i am nervous about being a good mother. any advice you have, leave it for me. fyi, no i am not naming the baby Dorothy if the baby is a girl. the other good news is i am still able to take my meds i have to have to make it thru the day and i can still take amiben. so i am going to the doctor and get it refilled. sleep while i can... but i am off to bed. i am back to work tomorrow night and need plenty of rest anyways!!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Wow! That's wonderful news. Congratulations and Best Wishes to you, Kevin, Lil Man and a healthy Peanut. Interesting (but obvious) how you Mommies fall in love at first sight with your kids (and you'll get at least another chance... )

that is great news you look like such a nice couple I am sure you will make great parents

Female Jungle Poster
Biggest congratulations for you two (three?)!!!!

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

Awesome news eM! Congratulations! You guys look great together...

beelzebubbles and eM do favor quiet a bit...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Whilist it's great news, let's be honest about it, this is the best Christmas present you could ever get.

I'm not even a star wars fan, but that's just the dog's bollocks.

I am half agony, half hope.
Oh, eMilee, I'm so happy for you two! So many exciting things to do and look forward to. When you're ready, I'll submit a list of Mrs. Darcy approved names!

Johann von Goethe

That is some great news, congrats'!!!!

Female Jungle Poster
Whilist it's great news, let's be honest about it, this is the best Christmas present you could ever get.

I'm not even a star wars fan, but that's just the dog's bollocks.
I've gotta disagree, honeykid. This is the best present I could ever receive:

Female Jungle Poster
I don't know, kari. I consider money a 'gift', whereas that R2D2 projector is most definately a present.
True enough. Consider it your birthday gift.

i am just so thrilled that i finally get to spill my secret. not only did i have kevin home for christmas, we got THE best christmas present together. we are expecting our first child and i am due 4th of july. we kept this so secret for the whole month anxious to tell our families, but we wanted to wait til he was home to reveal it. i have been extremely lucky so far: i had just 2 mornings of nausea and just bad backaches. not only i am i due in july, kevin is due to get out of the army in june. yes i am worried about how i am going to include him in dr's visits but my midwife has reassured me that wont happen. just wanted to spill my secret finally.

here is Baby Peanut.. in the first ultrasound, i heard and saw and fell in love with the baby at first sight.

the website and several people i love like family even though i seriously doubt we will meet in person. just be ready for alot updates from me on this. this is my first baby and i am nervous about being a good mother. any advice you have, leave it for me. fyi, no i am not naming the baby Dorothy if the baby is a girl. the other good news is i am still able to take my meds i have to have to make it thru the day and i can still take amiben. so i am going to the doctor and get it refilled. sleep while i can... but i am off to bed. i am back to work tomorrow night and need plenty of rest anyways!!
Already got the "seismic" run on the kid, I see! Boy or girl, or can you tell yet? Either way, your first is always special. You got a lot of happiness ahead of you, plus some fears and worries, but you'll be surprised how well it all works out. Back in the early 1960s, I was a medical records clerk at Irwin Army Hospital at Fort Riley, Kan., and one of my duties was keeping track of all the expectant mothers and deliveries. They did hundreds of births each month at the hospital and never lost a mom or baby. Technology is even better now 50 years later, so you and the baby will be just fine.

Let me share with you three things my Dad told me when I was about to become a father: He said anytime you tell a kid you're going to do something, then by gawd do it. Don't matter if it's "I'm gonna bust your butt when I get you home" or "I'm gonna buy you a pony for Christmas." If you say it, do it. Kids learn more from what you do than what you say.

Second thing he said is never punish a child when you're angry. Doesn't matter if it's spanking or standing in a corner or just reading him the riot act. You're apt to over-react when you're angry and can hurt a child by deed or word. I was lucky--everytime I got put out with my daughter and two sons when they were growing up, I'd think, "Now what was I doing at that age?" And it was always something much worse than whatever they had done, so I figured they were pretty good kids after all--better than I had been.

The third and most important thing I learned from my dad is to be sure that the child knows each day that he is loved. There will be times you break promises. There will be times you lash out in anger. But you can get past those times if you take your child in your arms every chance you get and tell him you love him. If you spend time listening to your child while she's growing up, you won't have to spend so much time lecturing her about right and wrong when she hits her teens.

You and your husband are embarking on a great adventure. I envy you and wish you all the best.