Movies About Prostitutes

Tools    

Banned from Hollywood.
And in a couple of years you'll be able to see the Hollywood remake, at the moment Mickey Rourke and Eva Green have been cast in the main roles. Larry Clark is directing and writing.

Oh no , not another remake please...but if Mickey Rourke will be in it then I guess it might just as well be worth the wait

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
And in a couple of years you'll be able to see the Hollywood remake, at the moment Mickey Rourke and Eva Green have been cast in the main roles. Larry Clark is directing and writing.
I'd rather not. I cannot see what a remake could possibly add to the original.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I love prostitutes. I have yet to hire one in real life... but someday I'm sure I will. I've told my gf this many times and all she says is that she's not sleeping with me again afterwards until I get checked for STDs.

Anywho.

One of my favorite movies about prostitutes is My Own Private Idaho, in which Keanu Reeves and River Phoenix play a pair of street prostitutes in cities like Portland and Seattle. The film has a real heart and is based in part on Shakespeare's Henry IV parts I and II, which has a prostitute named Mistress Quickly.

I also enjoyed the bit in The Cowboys with the prostitutes... "M'amm you're old enough to be my mother."

Marlene Deitrich was excellent in The Blue Angel, though I believe she just played a nightclub singer who occasionally offered her services for money. Darn good film too.

Jane Fonda in Klute seems to be a popular one among film afficionados, but I've never much cared for her performance in it or the film.

I guess my all time favorite prostitute is in Robert Altman's McCabe & Mrs. Miller. You've guessed it Julie Christie. And if I could spend a long sweaty night of hot passion with any film prostitute I'm sure she'd be the one.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Not Nina Foch..Patricia Neal was the elder woman (4 years older than Peppard in real life).

She was amazing In The Fountainhead alongside Gary Cooper.

As for Audrey Hepburn's character ,in the book Holly Golightly's portrayed as a call girl..
I stand corrected. Been years since I saw that film, and I never cared much for it anyway. Even Patrcia Neal couldn't save it for me.

I knew Holly Golightly was a hooker in the book. And you're right about Neal's performance in The Fountainhead. I think she was even better in Hud (although the character she played was, in the book, a black woman) and especially in A Face in the Crowd. She was a hell of an actress.

Donna Reed won her academy award playing Hollywood's cleaned-up version of a hooker in From Here to Eternity. The movie portrayed her character as a B-girl in a sorta dime-a-dance joint. The book is explicit: the joint's a whore-house and she's a whore.

I love prostitutes. I have yet to hire one in real life... but someday I'm sure I will. I've told my gf this many times and all she says is that she's not sleeping with me again afterwards until I get checked for STDs.
You're getting free sex from a girlfriend and dream of paying some worn-out whore for a fake version of passion? Have you ever even seen a hooker up close???

Jane Fonda in Klute seems to be a popular one among film afficionados, but I've never much cared for her performance in it or the film.
Well, this we do agree on. I never could understand the public appeal of that picture or of her role in it.

You're getting free sex from a girlfriend and dream of paying some worn-out whore for a fake version of passion? Have you ever even seen a hooker up close???

Well, this we do agree on. I never could understand the public appeal of that picture or of her role in it.
rufnek, I think you can find good looking hookers too.

Count me in for the "what the hell's so good about Klute?" club. I didn't hate it, but for the life of me, I don't understand why it gets so much resprect.

As for the best ever movie prostitute, that's an easy one. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the pic(s) I wanted, so just a couple of random ones.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
yeah the idea of paying for sex has a certain kind of honest appeal to it. And hopefully not an old worn out whore, but a semi-young one... who knows though. I'm sure not all are gross.

Banned from Hollywood.
Are these the other photos you were looking for?

I love this woman.

Which movie does D.Barrymore portray a prostitute in?
I'll surely find out but if anyone can spare me from the process of searching, that would be great. Thanks

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul

i cannot believe no one has said this movie. leaving las vegas is just a sad movie for me. being married a long time ago to an alcholic makes a person think how far they'd go for that drink and a hooker for that movie to survive. all she wanted was out of it and she found someone who would have took her away from that life. the scene where she gets raped just stands out not as a exploited way but to show what can happen.. she didnt ask for it.. she could still be vunerable and hurt no matter how numb she was. as for the drew movie, i am thinking of Poison Ivy.

markf - No, they weren't the pics (especially the first) but thanks for the second pic.

regnif - Drew plays a prostitute in Bad Girls

Granted, not a 'prostitute' film, but that's what she is at the start of the film and it's with her in that guise that I was looking for a pic.

Love Poison Ivy. That was the first 'Drew' film I saw once she grew up. And this scene was when I fell in love.

Banned from Hollywood.
honeykid and emilee- thanks

for the suggestions

haven't seen either of those 2 (poison ivy or bad girls)

shame, considering how much i like drew... I've seen most of her stuff post 1998 but i skipped music and lyrics because i cant put myself through the procedure of watching any movies with the pukably bad hugh grant...i dont think i will ever see that movie...because of him. Even though drew's in it.

Happy New Year from Philly!
Klute.

I loved Klute when I was a kid. There was a lot of chemistry between Fonda and Sutherland and Jane's haircut was fabulous. Other girls wanted to look like Farrah Fawcett; I wanted to look like Jane Fonda in Klute.

http://gothamist.com/attachments/art..._08_arts_klute.

What a great haircut!

Angel (1984) and The Babysitters (2007) are two films that immediately come to mind when I think about movies dealing with prostitution that I find to be very good.

Both explore the rather disturbing issue of prostitution among young women in a very gripping and visceral way. These movies really makes me think: "Damn, there are actually, really girls out there who are (basically) forced to do this."

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

yeah the idea of paying for sex has a certain kind of honest appeal to it. And hopefully not an old worn out whore, but a semi-young one... who knows though. I'm sure not all are gross.
Man, I'd love to take you down to vice squad office in the Houston Police Department and show you the wall of pictures of known prostitutes! The city pound doesn't have a comparable collection of dogs!!!

They're all junkies. Either they're shot up to the point of being walking zombies or else so in need of their next fix that they're sick. Even if you catch them halfway between, they still are covered with needle marks and sores and their hair is a mess (or else a wig). They're not very clean, especially after their first half dozen customers, so they use lots of cheap perfume to cover up the smell or else just stink.

As for "honest appeal," there's nothing honest about whores 'cause first of all they're in a (usually) illegal business and deal with illegal pimps and customers. If a whore works out of a whore house or a bar, she'll get you first to buy her a drink (which is not the alcohol she ordered; the management don't want their whores passed out under the table) or an expensive bottle of champaigne that's 70% glass with only a couple drinks of fluid. Payment is up front, and if they get a chance they'll grab your wallet and run. Or take you outside somewhere nice and quite where the pimps can beat and rob you. Once you go into the whore's room there's usually someone outside clocking you. In a few minutes, there will be a knock on the door telling you the ride is over. Time is money for a whore. Quicker she gets rid of you, the quicker she gets out to attract another customer. If she can, she'll get you off the easiest way possible to save wear and tear and putting her clothes back on. Money is everything in prostitution; customer satisfaction is not even on the menu.

They'll all swear they're clean, but use protection anyway. Besides, they may not have even washed off after the last john.

And whatever you do, don't fall victim to Hollywood's biggest lie by kissing a prostitute. In all the Hollywood pictures romanticizing prostitution, the whore has a heart of gold and the leading man kisses her. Well, a whore's only gold is generated way below her heart through her money machine and will soon be in the pocket of her pimp. And a guy who kisses a whore is tagged a "****sucker by proxy." What do you think was the last thing she had in her mouth before you stuck your tongue in????

Banned from Hollywood.
I've watched a few films I wouldn't have just because Drew was in it, including Boys On The Side, which I really like even though Satan is in it.

Well she falls somewhere in the middle for me..she may not be an incredibly talented actress but she isnt a bad one either...

I could just watch her even if the movie was bad cause she's a joy to look at..

testosterone working there

other actresses that fall in that category for me are: julia stiles and alison lohman...

consider them ok actresses but would watch all their movies, for the reason i mentioned above...love looking at them..

(but this is opening a whole new subject for a totally different thread here )