MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Signups/Draft

Tools    

Alright, I tagged him a week ago so at this point if somebody's interested in the spot, let me know. Want to finalize teams soon so we can draw a draft order and settle things.

Adam's good. Or, as he put it, "as good as he can be." He travels all over for work now and might be in Tokyo, but would try to draft from there if need be.

He was in Dubai just a couple of weeks ago, too. I asked him "When did you become James Bond?" and he sent me this:

Okay, we're set, I'll draw the draft order in a bit (tomorrow if work is too distracting, probably) and post it here so you can all mock more productively.

Started sending messages asking for slot choices, everybody make sure to check and reply quickly. If you haven't received one, unfortunately that means you're on the back half, choice-wise, but hey, don't worry, decent chance people in front of you pick slots you didn't want anyway!

A system of cells interlinked
Also: A BIG thanks once again to Chris for doing all the behind-the-scenes work in the league. Much appreciated!

The trick is not minding
Thanks for accepting me in the league guys. Looking forward to seeing how this goes. It’ll be interesting, at the least. Hopefully I don’t mess up my line up and second guess my starters oh well*
Let play ball!

Hopefully I don’t mess up my line up and second guess my starters oh well*
With 180 days of lineups coming...this is definitely happening.

But that's the nice thing about roto, there's just so many decisions, it's unlikely a single decision swings things. It really is one of the fairest fantasy experiences out there, because it's the accumulation of thousands of decisions.

A system of cells interlinked
In a completely bizarre turn of events, I've started researching players on a day that isn't the same day as the draft.

Let's see if putting some extra work in changes things up for me...

I must have been at the end of the line because I haven't heard from Chris though he already has my draft order. Nice thing about Fantasy Baseball is your entire season doesnt live or die by however well you draft. So much talent out there, I've heard of 20 team Fantasy Baseball leagues. Imagine that! You can't do that in fantasy football.

The trick is not minding
Until he gets injured and is out for the rest of the year. Or worse…he pulls a Mike Trout.
Then it’s all like “Now who’s laughing?”

Until he gets injured and is out for the rest of the year. Or worse…he pulls a Mike Trout.
Then it’s all like “Now who’s laughing?”
We can always trade draft positions. Your first pick getting hurt and being a bust would hurt alot less if it was the 11th pick Seriously though, glad you're here and thanks for stepping up.

Thanks to Yoda also for his time and patience getting this together.

We allowing a prospect slot or two this year? Best to cement it now before we draft. I say Yes

I mean, I'd be fine with it but I'm not sure of the mechanics and we'd need, say, two-thirds buy-in very very quickly to do it this year.

It's very hard to get responses from people on even the most basic stuff so significant changes tend to require a lot of lead time.