MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Watching Browns Vs Steelers.

This is the longest 25 seconds to end the quarter and perhaps the sloppiest 1st quarter I’ve ever seen. 4 turnovers between them.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Ya he's basically gone for the year. I don't have him on any team but fantasy is honestly become more luck than anything for football.

That was nutty. I am going to be in second place. Three of us start 2-0 this season.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Low fantasy scores abounded in Week 2, but miraculously and painfully I pulled out a win. 2-0 by the skin of my teeth.

Thursday Night Football started out OK but not great with my number one pick. Justin Jefferson once again proved that even when The Vikings don't play well he still has value. He almost mirrored his Week 1 score with a 19.40, 159 yards on eleven catches! It was very nearly a more explosive night except for the controversial fumble through the end zone. I gotta believe going against The Chargers this week is gonna be a get-right game for J.J. and Minnesota.

My early slate of Sunday games were pitiful. Indy's young QB went down leaving things to Minshew Mania, and although Michael Pittman had eight catches they were only for 56 total yards and no scores (9.60). And he was the bright spot. Brandon Aiyuk injured his shoulder in the 49er victory which kept him mostly on the bench, managing just three catches for 43 yards (5.80). But the real fantasy disaster was The Jets at Dallas. Breece Hall, who has looked amazeballs at times, was a non-factor in the rout with only nine yards on four carries, and he dropped the two screens that were tossed to him (0.90).

The true hero of my week was Washington's Brian Robinson. It didn't look hopeful early on when Denver jumped out to a 21-3 lead, but The Commanders struck back quickly and often, including with some big, chunk plays from Robinson. He finished with 87 yards on the ground, another 42 yards on two catches, two rushing TDs, and a two-point conversion for good measure for 27.90! That certainly didn't erase Breece's near-goose egg, but if you average my two backs it was like 14.40 a piece. That giant number gave me a chance.

On the other side, the Wylde Wolves had their own issues with few of his players covering their projections, and the ones who did cover were not having Brian Robinson type days. He was done after the 4:00pm slate and left me a manageable target of 91.38. I still had my TE Hayden Hurst and the Cleveland DEF going Monday Night plus my newly acquired QB Tua Tagovailoa going in Sunday Night Football. If Tua simply hit his projection of 21 points I was going to cruise to victory, and coming off of his 33-point Week 1 performance I was hopeful. Alas, even though Miami prevailed over The Patriots it was largely via the running game this week. Even so Tua was just about on course to come very close to his projection when he threw a late pick and finished with 14.26.

That meant between my TE and DEF I needed to pull a measly 7.53 points. It doesn't sound like a lot of points, but oy. In the Week 1 loss to Atlanta Hurst drew seven targets, had five catches, and scored a TD for 12.60 points. Week 2...less so. He literally did not draw a single target until there were about eight minutes left IN THE FOURTH QUARTER. That 0.00 just mocking me all night. He wound up with three short catches for only 20 yards. 3.50 points. Unbelievable. But at least it was something. And of course I left Hunter Henry on my bench who had a 14.20 showing on SNF. That left it up to The Browns DEF. Despite Pittsburgh scoring 26 points (though to be fair, two of their TDs were defensive scores the Cleveland offense should have been on the hook for) they did have a pair of sacks, an interception, and a fumble recovery for 7.00. Victory!!!

A 2.98 margin of victory is still a victory, damnit! I will take it.

TONGO has played against the lowest scoring team each of the first two weeks. Wild.

I somehow have the most points and I honestly don't even know if my team is any good.

Ah, football. As random as ever.

A system of cells interlinked
TONGO has played against the lowest scoring team each of the first two weeks. Wild.

I somehow have the most points and I honestly don't even know if my team is any good.

Funny how I had 2 goose eggs in week one, but ended up as the high score of the week, and then fall to lowest score in week two...

Sorry to hear about Chubb this am... I have him in my other league, a league in which I now have FOUR of my five RBs down or out with injuries...

Stupid!

TONGO is well aware, but at least TONGO has been underperforming too, just not as bad as my opponents. Here's hoping Mahomes, Derick Henry, Amari Cooper, Gabe Davis (possibly the worst name for an athlete ever), and no middle ground Kittle will show their upside. Right now I'm a paper bronze medal on the podium.

I'm very impressed how you and Spaulding have the most points scored in the league again. I wish it wasn't bad luck that can only do you guys in, but its better than nothing

Oh yeah I didn't mean it as a slam. It's just crazy! I kinda hope it keeps happening,.

I don't think I've had too much bad luck (yet), though we'll see how the Montgomery injury goes. If he misses one game I can live with that. I just wasn't able to prep much this year, stupid busy at the moment. I think my starting lineup's pretty good but I think I did a much poorer job of amassing depth than I usually do. Time will tell, though.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Burrow being out (if he were to be) could be a death blow in one of my money leagues. Because I have Chase and Higgins on the same team, which I generally think is quite a bad idea but Higgins fell crazy far in the draft so I figured why not.

I don't want to jinx anything, but other than losing Rodgers on his first drive, I have been OK, thus far. But the way things are going throughout the NFL....

I was in this weird position last night where I needed six or seven points from the Cleveland DEF to win in our league but in my money pick-em league I had Pittsburgh to win, and nobody else who was still in contention had them, so if The Steelers won I would win the week clear (which pays out $25 for the weekly winner) as well as be tied for the running lead after two weeks. I got the best of that situation. Cleveland got enough turnovers to get me the points I needed to beat Wyldesyde, and Pittsburgh won the actual game so I got my twenty-five bucks.

The trick is not minding
This weeks game against Yoda is pretty much a must win for me.

Can’t have another let down. Starting 0-3 is t the end of the world (Adam made the playoffs in 2020 despite the same start) but makes things much tougher.

Just realized why Yoda made that comment. I thought I was bad, but I'm actually much worse. I'm the lowest scoring team in the league, and I'm in 3rd place.

Good win Holden!

Just realized why Yoda made that comment. I thought I was bad, but I'm actually much worse. I'm the lowest scoring team in the league, and I'm in 3rd place.
Doesn't seem like a sustainable model. But here we go to Week Three...!