40.35%
23 votes
War
31.58%
18 votes
Noir
57 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The trick is not minding
I think the fun part will be the riotous amount of off the wall movies that will make the list. That and knocking all the bad choices I think it will be a humorous countdown! I'm looking forward to it (that is if it actually wins the poll)
I’m already compiling a long list in my head haha.

All categories could be fun, but I think I’m leaning towards either musicals or noir. The former I feel like I have lots to discover and the latter is such an interesting style that I would love to see more of.

I think I’m the least interested in comedies though that seems to have taken the lead as of this moment…

The only downside I can see to an 'anything goes' comedy list could be the number of ties, especially towards the bottom of the list. It might make compiling it a bit of a nightmare.

But with no restrictions that should also lead to a lot of ballots. You don't really have much of an excuse not to turn in a top twenty-five. The more ballots that come in the ties will resolve themselves. In theory.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The poll is set to close in 10 days, but we haven't had many votes lately.

I say we give it a few more days (so it'll have been open about two weeks) and if the margin is about the same or bigger, we call it there.

And yeah, let's start talking hosts. Who's interested? Reminder that you'd have a lot of logistical support from me, the ballot software's handling almost all of the initial work, etc. Plus, think of all the rep you'll get. You can't even imagine how much.

I'll be busy with finishing up college/looking for a job this year so, since I don't know how much free time I'll have, I prefer not to host this countdown. I plan to host a future one though.

Do we have a list somewhere of who has hosted? Then we can peer pressure some regular users who haven't hosted yet by @ing them here. Surely someone who has hosted something like the HOF could be a good choice to fly this plane.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Trouble with a capital "T"
If anyone is wanting to host the Comedy Countdown...

I can truly say it's a very rewarding experience and so much easier these days with all of the improvements Yoda has made...You don't even need to do graphics anymore. The graphics are auto-generated, how easy is that! And if someone is thinking they can't always be around every day to do the daily reveal, they could team up with someone.

Who wants to step up to the brass ring and have a go

Do we have a list somewhere of who has hosted?

Thief - 2000s
Thursday Next - Foreign Language
Yoda - All-Time Refresh
Holden Pike - Westerns and 1970s
Chypmunk - Pre-1930s
Nostromo87 - Horror
Citizen Rules - 1930s
Iroquois - Directed By Women
SilentVamp - 1940s
Nope1172 - Sci-Fi
Rauldc14 - 1950s
Harry Lime - Documentaries and 1990s