The Batman

Tools    

Word out is Affleck is leaving the role of Batman as well.
Justice League will be his second and final turn as Batman. He's apparently walking away from the DCEU once JL is released.
Fine by me.

I didn't think Affleck was that good as Batman, but I did want to see that Batfleck film, with him writing and directing. It could've been great. Shame.

Because if he stays and don't want to direct anyways, it's just gonna be him popping in and out like a puppet. I'm sure that's one of the reasons he leaves the role. Good on him.

This might just do nobody any good.
Think of this as an elseworld story.
Seems that's exactly what it is. The launch of a new label.

The new label would allow for the making of all kinds of DC movies of different budgets and potentially time periods unconnected to the main line of DC movies.

About the new banner, as described to me this new banner allows for Warner to take characters from DC properties to spin-off into features.

Who will stop the burgle?
I love how they say these are gonna be one-offs...

Unless one of em' pops off and makes a billion, cuz franchise life.

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not but...

Martin Scorsese producing Joker origin spin-off

Script is being written by Todd Phillips (The Hangover) and Scott Silver (The Fighter) and Phillips would direct.

Leto is not expected to reprise his role. Think of this as an elseworld story.
No Leto? I'm all for it. This should be its own thread.

Word out is Affleck is leaving the role of Batman as well.
Justice League will be his second and final turn as Batman. He's apparently walking away from the DCEU once JL is released.
That's a shame. I wasn't the biggest fan of BvS but I thought he was pretty good as Batman and would've loved to see him direct himself in a solo movie

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Fine by me.

I didn't think Affleck was that good as Batman, but I did want to see that Batfleck film, with him writing and directing. It could've been great. Shame.

Because if he stays and don't want to direct anyways, it's just gonna be him popping in and out like a puppet. I'm sure that's one of the reasons he leaves the role. Good on him.
Almost as good as Clooney.

Probably for the best. I didn't hate him as Batman or anything, just didn't seem like anything special either.

Also I kind of hate that I'm just inherently interested in any Batman movie just because it's Batman.

He was actually decent as Batman... it was the studio interference, choice of director, and the writing that let it all down.
His initial entrance in BvS was cool as well. Skimming across the ceiling and stuff... and the fight when he rescues Martha was awesome.

I've got an awful feeling though...

... if he's handing over to a new, younger character... who will it be? I mean, Robin is dead, as we saw from the suit in BvS... and there hasn't been a single, younger character at all that the mantle of Batman could be handed to.

Are they going to jam 3 movies worth of plot into a 2 hour show, so they can get a new younger character, who then becomes Robin, who then becomes Nightwing, who then becomes Batman?
All in one movie?

Knowing how packed the other movies have been, I already feel overwhelmed with plots.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Who knows, I'm still waiting to see my Raid with Batman movie. That would tickle my fancy. Takes place entirely in Arkham Asylum. Villains galore, tough as nail Batman. Maybe actually have him use his detective skills, something that almost every movie has been severely lacking.

Suspect's Reviews

I thought Affleck was a great Batman/Bruce in BvS (regardless of what you thought of the film). I didn't like him in Justice League, some bits were good but on the whole his Batman/Bruce disappointed me

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I thought Affleck was a great Batman/Bruce in BvS (regardless of what you thought of the film). I didn't like him in Justice League, some bits were good but on the whole his Batman/Bruce disappointed me
He clearly doesn't want to be there in Justice League, you can tell it by his performance. Even just looking at his face, he is dead inside.

He clearly doesn't want to be there in Justice League, you can tell it by his performance. Even just looking at his face, he is dead inside.
The Aquaman and Flash bits were good, sometimes it felt like 2 different Affleck's. Whether it was the script or the delivery, there was just something that was off for me

We've gone on holiday by mistake
He's a gambling addict, probably on a downswing while filming + contractually obliged to play Batman again knowing that B vs S was panned doesn't help.

I worry that 20-30 years from now we will have so many reboots, different actors playing various Superheroes as the studios just regurgitate them over and over, not just Batman.

We have a 25 year span from late 80s to mid 2010s where we have basically 2 Batman series (although the first had 3 actors), the latter being extremely successful.

So if you start at 2015, how many Batmans will we have by 2040? at this rate 5-6+. It's getting silly.

Batman should be left alone for 10 years but obv there 0% chance of that.

He's a gambling addict, probably on a downswing while filming + contractually obliged to play Batman again knowing that B vs S was panned doesn't help.

I worry that 20-30 years from now we will have so many reboots, different actors playing various Superheroes as the studios just regurgitate them over and over, not just Batman.

We have a 25 year span from late 80s to mid 2010s where we have basically 2 Batman series (although the first had 3 actors), the latter being extremely successful.

So if you start at 2015, how many Batmans will we have by 2040? at this rate 5-6+. It's getting silly.

We still need to have 3 new versions of LOTR, a remake of all successful 80s movies, Jaws 5 tanking at the box office, then a Jaws remake, and 3 reboots of Harry Potter... Oh, and a resurgence of "new 3D" technology in the late 2020s that'll hang around for 5 years before it dies off again... before the 2040s revival of Superhero movies.

This might just do nobody any good.
... if he's handing over to a new, younger character... who will it be? I mean, Robin is dead, as we saw from the suit in BvS... and there hasn't been a single, younger character at all that the mantle of Batman could be handed to.
Matt Reeves’ movie is a prequel, so they’re recasting Bruce Wayne with a younger actor. That’s what they mean by “passing the torch.”

This will come off mean spirited, I think, but given how the new slate of DC based movies is leaving behind the majority of Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and even Justice League, playing around with their own canon and taking advantage of audiences dislike of certain character iteration, on a technicality, one could say that by the time this new one comes out, it will have been about 10 years since the last proper depiction of Batman onscreen (this claim depends on your own personal investment in the series so far, which I think I’ve now made it clear I had very little of.)

We still need to have 3 new versions of LOTR, a remake of all successful 80s movies, Jaws 5 tanking at the box office, then a Jaws remake, and 3 reboots of Harry Potter... Oh, and a resurgence of "new 3D" technology in the late 2020s that'll hang around for 5 years before it dies off again... before the 2040s revival of Superhero movies.
You left out popular TV shows of the past being adapted for today's cinema